“Superb location, Great Staff and Excellent value”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #230 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb location, Great Staff and Excellent value”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a one night business trip and was very impressed with the level of curtesy the staff extended to me, they could not do enough and this was a very welcome sight after a long day. The room was very comfortable, I had a free upgrade, clean with plenty of tea and coffee provided. The bar was busy but, I was still able to get a seat quickly. I never ate in the hotel in the evening as I was meeting colleagues elsewhere. I had a very comfortable nights sleep. The matress was just great, there were plenty of towels and the water was piping hot. The breakfast was delicious, plenty of everything. The staff were very attentive yet not intrusive. I can honestly say that I have stayed in many hotels around the UK on business and this rates as one of the best. When I'm in London next, I shalln't bother looking elsewhere, I'm going straight back here

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Gary F,

Thank you for your amazing review on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to know you had such a fantastic stay with us and that we are now your hotel of choice whenever returning to London.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
tel-aviv
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first time at the end of september for a conference & our wedding anniversary. The hotel was recommended by our friends, without a doubt a very good recommendation. Great location between two major underground stations (waterloo & westmister) . Main london attractions located by walking distance. The suite as well as the bathroom are spacious comfortable & very well equiped . The hotel staff is great starting at the front desk, concierge, restaurant ,room service etc. The elevators are very slow,one of them was underconstruction & caused some inconvenience. The breakfast was nothing to write about exept it needs un urgent improvement . We tried the food at the bar but we didn't like it. Wifi is free which is great.
we will definitely recommend this hotel for business as pleasure for couples & families.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with a view of london eye
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Tel_avivBille,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel’s privileged location and that you liked our rooms. Our team is a real asset for and your comments only motivate them to continue doing a great job. Thank you!

I am sorry for any inconveniences caused by our lift works and would like to thank you for your patience. As you noticed, we are currently upgrading our elevators to improve the efficiency of these facilities. I have now shared your comments with regards to our food quality with the relevant departments, and please rest assured that we will be using your feedback to improve our product.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked for a weekend for our wedding anniversary and paid for a London Eye view room for both nights. Upon arrival I opened the curtain only to see scaffolding instead of the London Eye, yet not one person from reservations had bothered to email us to let us know so we could change our room! We got moved to another suite.....That night we discovered that the plug/drain in the sink of the bathroom was blocked! Next morning when my husband went to shower, the hot water wasn't coming out hot, only luke warm then ice cold! We decided then that we didn't want to stay another night so left! The suites themselves were amazing as were the views from the 12th floor (from the second suite we were moved into) Staff were very helpful and polite! For a 4 star hotel, we were very disappointed because of all the trouble we faced from the word go! Not the weekend we were hoping for.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear misha72,

I am very disappointed to learn of the negative elements that impacted your stay here.
I do appreciate your comments regarding your room allocation and I am sorry that the first accommodation offered to you on the day of your arrival was not to your satisfaction. However, I am glad that my colleagues at the Front Desk were able to find an appropriate resolution in arranging for a room move and the charges that you paid for the London Eye view to be taken off.

I would like to apologise for the maintenance issues that were present in your bathroom. Please rest assured that all issues have been passed to the relevant departments to ensure they do not recur.

Thank you for bring these issues to our attention, it is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Brandy Dragan
Senior Guest Relations Manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for two nights to celebrate my wife's birthday and could not have had a nice experience. Friendly staff on check in, welcoming lobby and a fantastic junior suite which had a wonderful view over St Paul's and The Shard. Room service was excellent, full service 24 hours and none of those annoying "only in the restaurant/bar" restrictions that you get in other hotels. The location is excellent, a few minutes walk from The Eye, Parliament, Embankment; you really are right in the centre of it all. We stayed as a couple but had such a great time we cannot wait to return with our children.

Room Tip: It is worth paying the extra for a suite or room with a view on the 10th floor or above to get a fan...
Dr_Marc_B,

Fantastic to read that you could not have had a nicer experience!!! I do hope your wife had a birthday to remember and enjoyed the upgrade to one of our luxurious Junior Suites! We cannot wait to welcome you and your children soon - maybe you can stay at the weekend so that they can come to our Pizza Class and make a pizza with one of our Chefs!

See you again!

Kind regards,

Emily Abbam

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The location of this hotel is great for exploring London - within a 5 minute walk you are right in the thick of it. We were upgraded to a room with a stunning view of St Pauls, the Shard and Canary Wharf in the distance. It was beautiful in the day and lit up in the night.

Our studio was spacious and immaculately clean and even had a kitchen area which would be perfect if you were travelling with little ones. The staff were polite and helpful and although the lifts were slow we were told about this and it did not really effect our stay. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 12th floor and the view was excellent. Many rooms have windows facing into the h...
1 Thank DrLouB
Dear DrLouB,

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a good time at our hotel and that you loved the city view. This is one of my favourites as well!

We hope to see you again soon!

East Lansing, MI
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel has nice rooms and a great location. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was friendly.

Whenever my wife and I go on trips like our last, I really look for hotels that I can use again so that I don't have to put a ton of time into searching and comparing reviews. I have had some hits and misses in my day, but I will definitely save the time next time and just stay here. It's not the Ritz, but it's an overall great value.

Room Tip: I had heard to ask for a "room with a view." The person at the front desk obliged, but co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Matt J,

Tank you for you review. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay at our hotel and that we are now your new favorite London hotel.

We are looking forward to seeing you next.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon, and we couldn't have been happier. It is a 5 star quality facility, great rooms, amazing service. Location is good, near transport, near the Parliament building. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, gave us a free honeymoon room upgrade. I recommend to all, especially the value for the money, as it is not a 5 star price compared to a lot of places, but I would doubt you could find better service. Very please with this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Justin S,

What a wonderful review! We are very proud of our team that works very hard to always deliver a high level of service, or as you said a “5 star” quality service. Thank you for motivating our staff with such great comments!

We hope to see you again soon!

Kindest Regards,