“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
East Lansing, MI
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel has nice rooms and a great location. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was friendly.

Whenever my wife and I go on trips like our last, I really look for hotels that I can use again so that I don't have to put a ton of time into searching and comparing reviews. I have had some hits and misses in my day, but I will definitely save the time next time and just stay here. It's not the Ritz, but it's an overall great value.

Room Tip: I had heard to ask for a "room with a view." The person at the front desk obliged, but co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Matt J,

Tank you for you review. I am glad that you enjoyed the stay at our hotel and that we are now your new favorite London hotel.

We are looking forward to seeing you next.

Kindest regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,067)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon, and we couldn't have been happier. It is a 5 star quality facility, great rooms, amazing service. Location is good, near transport, near the Parliament building. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, gave us a free honeymoon room upgrade. I recommend to all, especially the value for the money, as it is not a 5 star price compared to a lot of places, but I would doubt you could find better service. Very please with this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Justin S,

What a wonderful review! We are very proud of our team that works very hard to always deliver a high level of service, or as you said a “5 star” quality service. Thank you for motivating our staff with such great comments!

We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst visiting the O2 to see Michael McIntyre. Had a lovely stay, rooms nice and well equipped. I requested a room with a view and wasn't disappointed, was able to see the London Eye, Big Ben and Waterloo. Very clean. Every member of staff we came across were very friendly. Received a bottle of wine in our room and even got a free breakfast. Breakfast was nice with a good choice, kept you going all day. Wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
NH2012,

I hope that you enjoyed seeing Michael McIntyre!

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the bottle of wine and breakfast. We hope to welcome you back again for a great stay!

Kind regards,

Emily Abbam

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

i stayed with my 11 year old daughter on the 8th sept 2012 as a treat as we went to see lady gaga at twickenham- the location was perfect! My daughter didn't want to leave infact!
the staff were excellent too, so welcoming, nothing was too much bother for them

we personally loved the breakfast as i noticed a negative comment but i can honestly say it was delicious
i am looking to book again in february as we loved it there so much that we want to back for a couple of nights
my daughter especially liked the lights in the pavement outside the hotel- very pretty

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear coleneh_12,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you and your daughter had such a great time at our hotel. Your positive comments motivate our team to continue with the hard job so as to make all our guests’ experiences memorable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on February.

JELLYCATSNUGGLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I ened up Being booked into the hotel for business and traveling with me was a friend and my 5 month old baby.

The location is superb right next to london waterloo and a stone throw from the London eye / south bank

Whilst at this hotel the staff fell over themselves to help me. They were very attentive . The whole hotel was spotless the room was amazing - the vie at night was breathtaking

I've worked as a receptionist for a chain of hotels and been the first point of call for customer complaints and compliments : so I know this is a hotel that thinks about the small touches. And I'm sorry I even got on a chair to find dust ( room inspection habit from work) and even high up was perfect - I asked for a baby cot - they got me one straight away , I asked when making room service if they had my fav blueberry muffins and they found me some!!

In my line of work I always found the thing I'd like to have improved was the check out process and people waiting - often they just wanted to ask a question but had to wait along time for my time. This hotel had a manager in reception chatting to guests answering questions and generally making you feel welcome

I couldn't afford to go back to this hotel myself having a young family but if I was to afford it - this hotel would be my first choice either with children or for a romantic break and one day I will be back with my man for a romantic break

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Jellycatsnuggle,

Waoooo what a wonderful review! Comments like yours remind me why I love so much working in the hotel industry. I have shared your review with all our departments in the morning meeting to ensure all teams are praised for their continuous hard work. At Park Plaza County Hall, you – our guest- are the top priority for us; therefore your recognition is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your recommendations!

We hope you will be back for that romantic break soon.!

melbourne australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel for 3 nights with my daughter and had a studio room August 2012. Location was brilliant and our room couldn't have been more comfortable. I have just returned home after a 6 week holiday through Europe and have stayed in a number of hotels and can say without a doubt that I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. It is also very easy to grab a cab from outside the front door with the assistance of the door man. Our room had the best little kitchenette area which made it extremely convenient for a light/quick meal instead of always eating out. Toiletries are lovely however the bathrobes had seen better days. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Although the room overlooked a train station it was very quiet and the view beyond the train lines w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jacqui R,

Thank you for your review - I am pleased you had such a positive stay with us! I am also pleased that the team were able to assist you and ensure you were able to enjoy London.

We very much hope to welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Emily Abbam

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I stay here for work as very close to our London office. I enjoy staying here in the studio rooms as this provides me more space and the ability to purchase food and eat on my room (due to microwave and fridge) - I find this a bonus when traveling as eating out gets old (and unhealthy!) quick. Pleased to see on this visit that the lifts/ elevators are bein fixed - this has been a negative for the hotel since it opened....

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Ejbsix,

Thank you for your review and for always choosing our hotel whilst away from home. I am glad to know our studio rooms are ideal for you! As you noticed we are upgrading our lifts, so as to better them and make them faster. I hope that on your next visit all works will be over and you will notice a great improvement.

See you soon!