“Wow best room have ever stayed in!”

Park Plaza County Hall London
Ranked #233 of 1,068 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Wow best room have ever stayed in!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We have just had weekend in London turned up at hotel around midnight after booking a discount superior room. The reception chap mark was very amusing and we were well greeted. We were upgraded to a penthouse room on 14th floor. It was an amazing room with balcony looking over westminster abbey and bigben. The room comprised of Bedroom with an awesome massive shower a living room area with selection of up todate magasines a kitchen area with espresso maker and microwave. The bed was huge and there were two tvs. I don't know how much this room was usually but next time if we can afford it we will try and get a room there. Just wanted to thank the hotel for making our weeked and mark for sorting us out will be recommending to everyone as really was perfect

• Stayed January 2012
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Brosnanviews,

Thank you for your amazing review about your recent weekend staying with us - I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the view and the extra amenities our Penthouses have to offer!

I have let Mark know of your comments, and he was very pleased that he was able to amuse you, even though it was so late in the evening!

We often have amazing accommodation deals on our website, or through our Reservations Department, so please do keep this in mind for when you next visit London. We would love to welcome you back then!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,095)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Executive room booked with London eye view very small room with bathroom in centre of room with glass doors no privacy.paid 200 pounds per night no breakfast ncluded.staff ok .not worth the money

• Stayed January 2012
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear Ridgewood33,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

The rates do vary each day depending on availability and demand, and we offer several different packages to suit our guests needs, some of which do include breakfast.

Many of our guests have commented on how spacious and comfortable our Executive Studio rooms are, however we do also offer upgraded rooms which may be better suited to your needs on your next visit.

I hope that we are able to exceed your expectations during any future visits.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2012

As usual my stay was arranged through work, so I don't know how much my room cost but it was brilliant. I arrived at 11.30pm after a 3.5hr drive and was greeted so warmly I could hardly believe I was in London! The receptionist was very helpful and the concierge came with me to the car park (100 yards away, very handy and very well lit, £20 for 24hr) to help me unload 3 large hard cases of work equipment which they kindly stored for me. My room was so large, more like a mini suite, with 2 tvs! Free wifi, absolutely spotless. I'd love to stay again!

Lanarkshire
Reviewed January 13, 2012

newish hotel in great location next to Couty Hall and London Eye. Very helpful staff, - though desks can be busy in the morning, and excellent room - very well equipped, and some with small kitchen area. Very central, so next to Waterloo, and a brisk walk to the City along the South Bank ( thus avoiding the Waterloo - Bank Tube link, which is very overcrowded )
all in all a good find
Miles better than the Premier Inn opposite

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LanarkshireKillieboy
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear LanarkshireKillieboy,

Thank you for highlighting our excellent location in your review. I am glad that you, like many of our other reviewers, have experienced how central and easily accessible our location is.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in London.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I really really really loved this hotel .. I arrived on 24th December, 11 and just left on 01st January 2012 ... I had 9 wonderful and perfect days in this hotel.
Everything about this hotel was excellent .... the room is very comfortable, spacious and beautiful and Thanks Park Plaza County Hall for offer me a amazing view to London Eye .... I could enjoy unforgetables moments there seeing the London Eye and Big Ben .... All staffs of this hotel are very kind .... The breakfast had a lot of options of food and drinks .... everything delicious ...

So, my note ??!! 1000000000000000.00000000000 The best of London !!!

I really recommend ....

Regards,

Erika from São Paulo / Brazil

Room Tip: Ask the hotel in advance a room with view to London Eye ... The view is amazing ....
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erika A
Dear Erika,

I am so glad that we were able to make your Christmas and New Year such a delightful experience, especially since you travelled so far!

At that special time of year we feel it is important to create the perfect Christmas away from home, so it is great to hear that we succeeded across all levels.

Hopefully we will see you again next time you decide to visit London!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Everything about this hotel was excellent - location, staff, room size, and hotel condition. The buffet breakfast has a lot of choices and the food quality was very good. We asked for a room with a view of the London Eye and were upgraded to a larger corner suite on the 12th floor with a view of both the London Eye and Big Ben from our bedroom window. What a great view to fall asleep and wake up to! Any request we made of the hotel staff was attended to promptly. The hotel even has free laundry machines in the basement for guest use - what a great idea for travelers who have been on the road for weeks. If you are a family looking for a London hotel, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the London Eye.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nobarbe
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear Norbarbe

With such a great reveiw at the start of the new year this shows that we really can WOW our guests. The team get such a buzz when they receive reveiws like yours.

I am glad that you managed to take advantage of our free guest laundry and was able to sample some of our stunning veiws.

Our hotel is perfectly located for anyone wishing to sample London's top attractions as well as having easy access to public transport makes us a great base.

Thank you for your reveiw and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
Karen Lorimer
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The great service started with emails to a member of staff before I booked for two nights, they were more than happy to answer any questions I had, even if I was being a little repetitive! When we came to a deal they booked everything for me, all I had to do was give them my card details!

Special efforts were made for us to get a room with a view, which we had of the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament which was amazing at night. The staff were very attentive upon arrival, there was always a concierge at hand if you needed them.

The room was very clean and finished to a fairly high standard, using high quality materials. The room was equipped well also, microwave, mugs, plates, bowls, glasses, iron and board, hair dryer etc etc.

I can't think of one thing that would have made our stay at this hotel better! I would recommend it to anyone and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the river and was very quiet, i'm unsure how many people were in rooms near...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James K
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear James K

Thank you very much for your kind and generous comments. I am glad to hear that you found both the team and the hotel to such a high standard.

I am pleased that you feel that you could recommend us to your friends as these sorts of recommends are always the best.

I look forward to meeting you on your return to us later this year.

Yours