“Pre-Christmas break”

GreenLeadersGold level
Solihull
“Pre-Christmas break”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed at Park Plaza County Hall due to it's location, the reviews on Trip Advisor and our enjoyable stay in their Cardiff hotel last year.

An upgrade to a junior suite (which was ready at 11am too), excellent value room service (the weather was, erm, a bit damp) and a massive breakfast made it all we expected and more.

To be honest I wouldn't stay anywhere else... (though the lifts were a bit slow on Sunday morning)

1 Thank Louise365
PPCHLondon, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, December 24, 2011
Dear Louise365

Its is great to hear that enjoyed our hotel and that you have used our sister hotel in Cardiff as well.
I shall pass your comments on the team regarding their service and the quality of the Breakfast Buffet as we believe that any feedback should be shared as this improves the standards and their passion.

Merry Christmas
Karen Lorimer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,083)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Northern Ireland
Reviewed December 23, 2011

friendly and helpful reception staff. Warm and welcoming rooms, (so quiet for central London). Spotless clean. Every available item, eg hairdryer, wifi, etc available in the room. Excellent breakfast and again helpful and friendly staff. Well done to you all.

Brilliant location, close to Somerset house, the London eye and so handy for Waterloo station and Tower Bridge station. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Lady Marmalade40,
I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and our staff. Its is great to hear that our staff match our location.
I would like to welcome you back in the future.

Merry Christmas
Karen Lorimer
Belfast
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and had our best stay in London yet as far as hotels go. We brought our grand daughter as a treat and my sister joined us from Birmingham. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff were amazin the goody bag for our grandaughter was a lovely touch. The room which overlooked the Eye and houses of parliament was fab extremely clean and big enough for four of us to stay in. Loved the george clooney nespresso coffee machine in the room, the hot choc was delicious.
the Hotel is so handy to tube local attractions and restaurants. Cant praise the staff enough. Thank you Park Plazafor a lovely stay looking forward to returning in May as my sister is doing a 26 mile charity walk then.

Room Tip: room with a view is a must and worth the money
1 Thank BridBelfast
PPCHLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza County Hall London, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear BridBelfast,

I was very delighted with your feedback and I thank you for that. I have shared your kind words with the hotel’s team and I felt proud that you had such a great stay. Here at Park Plaza County Hall we have a passion for all of our guests, including the children, hence we interact with everybody in most genuine way.

I am looking forward to offer the same level of service when your sister will stay with us in May. Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the Tripadvisor’s members.

Kind regards,

UK
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I booked the hotel stay for a Christmas present for my son and his girlfriend. I stayed at the hotel in October on business and was very impressed so thought I would play safe for my son. I wrote to customer relations a few weeks before to explain the situation and asked if they could be given a room with a view of the eye. Shelley Martin wrote back to me and was very accommodating. Of course she couldn't guarantee that they would get a room with a view, but she said she would do her best.

When my son arrived, he and his girlfriend were delighted with the room ( which was more of a suite) and they had a fabulous view which just made the whole trip very special. They were very impressed with the hotel/room service and general attitude of the staff.

Thank you from me to the Park Plaza for making their stay a wonderful experience! We will certainly rebook when visiting London!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scubababe
Dear Scubabe,

I am happy that we made such a good impression to you that you decided to book a stay here as a Christmas present for your son and his girlfriend. It is also great that this present was so enjoyed and your family had a good time. We always try to do our best for every guest and I am happy that on this occasion Shelly (again) succeed in doing so. Thank you for the other comments highlighting the service you received from the team.

I am looking forward to see you again at Park Plaza County Hall and thank you again for your review.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2011

A very pleasant experience, located close to the London Eye. Very friendly staff who were very accomodating for our oung children. They really helped to make it a wonderful weekend to remember.

+ve- friendly professional staff, contempary room design, ideally situated for tourist stuff
-ve- fridge didn't work properly, perhaps a little cramped for four of us

Room Tip: Aim to get on a higher floor, as the view is restricted by old run down buildings on the lower floor...
Dear JamesACouto,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you and your family had a great week-end here with us celebrating your birthday. It is always good to receive such positive and fair feedback from our guests and I have already passed your lovely comments to all our team members.

I trust you will recommend us to your friends and family, and I hope will see you again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed for one night on the 17th of December. This is the second time I have stayed and once again I can not fault the quality of service from this hotel. From before I arrived Claudia from the reservations desk helped me choose the perfect room to spend my anniversary combined with a shopping trip to London. Upon arrival I was upgraded from a junior suite to a stunning penthouse with great views across London.

The views are one thing but this hotel has a fantastic team from the porters who brave the weather flagging down the cabs to the duty manager they all done a great job to make my stay perfect.

I will be visiting this hotel on a regular basis and will always be requesting a penthouse for those special little touches like the quality bath products, Bose iPod dock, coffee machine and mini bar which is most welcome after a hard days shopping. I did feel a little sorry for the porter who had to bring my breakfast up 14 levels but he did it with style.

Can't wait to return to 1406

Room Tip: If you can go for a penthouse for that special occasion
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelly L,

It was a real pleasure to read the headline of your review and the review itself and sharing with all Park Plaza team! “One of the best hotels in London a real gem”; this is exactly what we are aiming for. I am glad that you choose to stay again with us for your anniversary and that we were able to offer you a Penthouse with a London Eye view for such occasion.

Thank you also for your kind comments for our team, especially for Claudia which I know will appreciate knowing her efforts did not go unnoticed. As you know, it is the little things that mean so much and when our team acknowledges an anniversary one knows that these details will be long appreciated.

Once again thank you for such wonderful review and I am looking forward to welcoming you again, hoping that will be able to offer you the same Penthouse.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2011

stayed here about a year ago now but it was a birthday present for myself from my partner. when we arrived the hotel knew it was my birthday and had upgraded our room (had an amazing view!!) and had left a bottle of wine in the room for me. every member of staff was very welcoming and helpful and the room was exceptionally clean!
we also had our beakfast here every morning, it is a buffet syle breakfast and caters to everyone, never felt unsatisfied when we left. it is also in an amazing location, just a few minutes from the london eye and the tube. Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple