“Best pizza in Clapton . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Yard Sale Pizza

Yard Sale Pizza
Ranked #2,586 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Description: Yard Sale Pizza was born out of three friends’ shared passion for simple, good pizza. It all began with this little oven in Johnnie’s very own back yard in Homerton. This is where we honed our craft on all our friends and family with our weekly supper clubs. As word spread and more and more people got to try out unique stone baked pizza, we knew we were onto something a bit special. Feeling that there was a lack of good quality takeaway pizza in town we decided to set up shop in Clapton in May 2014. Fortunately for us, it proved a hit with locals and pizza aficionados alike. Our launch party saw The Pizza Underground band, featuring Macaulay Culkin, playing an unannounced UK debut in our kitchen to an intimate audience of 25. Quite a surreal experience with everyone singing along to the likes of ‘Take a Bite of the Wild Slice’! Since then, we’ve come on leaps and bounds. We’ve been featured with kind reviews in the likes of Time Out, The Telegraph, Clash, Buzzfeed, Shortlist, Evening Standard and The Hackney Gazette and in 2015 we were nominated and voted for by the public as Hackney’s best restaurant in the Time Out Love London Awards. In June 2016 we opened the doors to our second home on Blackstock Road, in Finsbury Park. Now all those North Londoners are lucky enough to get the taste of Yard Sale pizza.
“Best pizza in Clapton . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

By far! Unique pizza toppings and great sauces. Fantastic addition to the area and will be visiting plenty more times.

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super tasty gluten free pizza in Clapton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Yard Sale Pizza is a dream. They have gluten free pizza and they deliver. TOTAL DREAM. I was so surprised that they offered gluten free bases so soon after opening their doors. I hope the rest of the London pizza places take note! The staff are really friendly and super attentive. They gave us olives while we waited because it was busy. Really sweet. I ordered the "TSB" on gluten free base and my boyfriend had the classic 18" mozzarella, tomato and basil on the regular base. Both amazing, my pizza was so light and crispy, its top of my list for gluten free pizza in London. GO TRY IT!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Laura M
“Great pizza place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great, unpretentious food! Have tried most of the menu since they opened, all great although pepperoni just sneaking into first place for me. Can't recommend enough!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Pizza. Amazing Staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

A really charming and well designed interior with very friendly, welcoming staff. I ordered the pulled pork pizza as well as trying the veggie broccoli option. BOTH AMAZING.

Good choice of drinks which compliment the whole menu... AND THE BEST FOCACCIA I HAVE EVER TASTED.

I will definitely be back again very soon.

Don't miss out!

• Visited June 2014
“Proper proper Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Eaten Yard Sale Pizza three times since it opened. What a treat! Freshly made dough proved for at least 24 hours, a large super hot clay oven and tip top toppings make for possibly the best Pizzas I have ever eaten. The finished Pizza gets just the right balance of crispiness/doughiness. Difficult to choose my favourite but am surprised in myself that the tender stem broccoli, Manchego, pine nuts, garlic & olive oil make it to the short list. Probable favourite is the Holy Pepperoni but only by a crust. One of the three sausages in particular packs a happy chilli punch!
If you like Olives check out their Gordals. Massive green delights. If you don't like Olives try their Gordals and you may be converted
Will be returning regularly. Keep up the good work YSP.

• Visited June 2014