All reviewssouthside shopping centrencp car parkthyme restaurantmeal dealfamily roomgood nights sleephigh streettransport linksbus stopexcellent stayminute walkair conper daycomfortable stayfirst floorshort staybudget hotel
Reviewed May 24, 2015

Hotel and rooms are spotless and quiet with air conditioning. Beds really comfy, lots of hot water and good showers.
Staff on reception very helpful. In fact most staff were very welcoming and seem interested in you in general.
Breakfast was really good, you could choose what and how much you wanted, some dishes even being cooked to order. Staff very helpful in a morning.

I would have given 5 stars if the service in the restaurant in the evening had been better. Some basic items on the menu were not available on each visit, despite us going in very early evening. In fact , one night we only had a choice of steak, burger or chips and fish. No reason given at all as to why choice was limited.
Both meals had to be returned one evening as they were cold, but we received an apology and new meals were provided which were piping hot.
Tried to order two half pints on the same evening, but was told that I could only have 1 as they only had 1 half pint glass available !!!!! very strange...as we were the only people around. - no apology or explanation again.
One male member of the restaurant staff, although very polite and smart looking had a serious personal hygiene problem, which to be honest should have been picked up by the management, as it was rather unpleasant... glad he wasn't the chef to be honest!

The hotel is quite a way away from the tourist spots - it cost £40 from Euston by taxi. There is a local railway station which is about 15-20 minutes walk - but no tube - and prices are much cheaper , so do your research before you go. It would be a good idea for Premier inn to supply local maps with information on how to get to popular venues, as there was nothing available. The general tourist maps supplied at reception did not include the area so they were no use until you got further in to the Centre of London.

Premier inn seem to have neglected training the evening staff in customer service and neglected to ensure that the service in an evening matched that of the morning, which is a pity. Disappointing because the bits that let it down were basics..

Reviewed May 22, 2015

The hotel and staff are good and I would have given them 5 out of 5 but the name and reputation of Premier Inn is let down BIG time by the service in the restaurant in the evening.

First evening, arrived at the restaurant at 9pm after a long drive. Took about 10 minutes to get seated in an almost empty restaurant. Shown to seat, given menu and girl said she would be back in a few minutes. After about 15 minutes I went to look for girl to tell her we were ready to order. By now we were seeing people complaining that their food hadn't arrived and a young guy working there kept asking tham what they had ordered. We were told there was a 20 minute delay on food but some nearby customers said they had been waiting an hour for their food. After about 20 minutes the girl came back to us and said there was no more chicken as well as a list of other choices. A customer next to us got his starter after an hour and then told that he couldn't have his main meal because the kitchen had now closed!!

When our meals came, my wife couldn't eat hers because it wasn't cooked properly so she had to have half of mine.

Naturally we complained and didn't have to pay but when we asked what was going on we got excuses like there was a big order that was being filled causing the delay or the hotel is new and staff are new. It wasn't a one-off as one of the other diners told us it happened a few days ago.

On our second night we didn't eat in this restaurant but just had a drink but we heard two more customers complaining that they hadn't been served and stormed out without eating.

This restaurant for evening meals is by far the worst we have eaten in regarding poor service and is why the Premier Inn Wandsworth is only getting 2 stars fot this stay. Truly awful service and is dragging the company's name down at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Feedback at Premier Inn London Wandsworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2015

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2015

We stayed because we were taking part in a 26mile charity night time walk. This meant we had to sleep in during the day after the event. We were amazed how quiet the hotel was. Double glazing very affective. The whole place was clean and the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank jme1967e
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

This is a review that includes meals as well as room.

The room was clean and presentable. The bed was comfortable, practically sink in it without losing firmness, pretty good really. Under the reasonable sized TVs is a panel with HDMI and USB inputs. Brilliant if you bring your own entertainment, worked flawlessly and without much human interaction.

Bed and breakfast was on a Monday/Tuesday about £111. A tad high, but I suppose supply and demand kicks in, its here that I marked it a star down. Other hotels such as Jury's Inn are on a par and my judgement is on a similar comparison.

Breakfast was very good. My test is the taste of the sausage on a full English brekkie and this was good. In fact all of the breakfast items were nicely done. Coffee from a bean to cup machine was very good.

Evening meal. I had a Rump steak medium for my sins. It was good. Very little grissle and done the way I like it and not to how the Chef thought it should be. I had the basic thin fries which were also very good, hot and crunchie the way I like them. For £12 it was really good value for money, nicely presented and prepared.

Waiting staff. Actually pretty good too. Were never in your face asking after serving your meal 20seconds earlier is"everything OK, is your meal alright" I like my waiters to not be seen until I want them. Though not perfect the staff came very close to this. Always helpful, courteous and cheerful.

All in all a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank omargawd
Reviewed May 12, 2015

Myself and my husband stayed at the Hotel last week while we were attending a wedding in the local area. We found the Hotel to be clean, comfortable and good value for money. Premier Inn guarantees a great nights sleep and they certainly deliver. Jamie at Reception could not have been more helpful and was always pleasant & cheerful.

The only negative was the staff working on the evening shifts in the Restaurant. I'm not sure if there is a lot of new staff in training but they were quite slow and got our order wrong even though they repeated the correct order to us twice.

Breakfast was really good and the lady serving us (I didn't see her name) was very chatty & smiley while making sure everyone was taken care of.

All in all I would definitely return to this Hotel.

2  Thank hotelgst
Anna T, Manager at Premier Inn London Wandsworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2015

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.
The team and I are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us, and thank you for pointing out the issues you experienced during your visit, we will concentrate on resolving this hassle for our future guests.
We hope to see you again here on your next visit to London.
Kind Regards