“Hop on but maybe not back on with golden tours”
Review of Golden Tours

Golden Tours
Book In Advance
$92.81*
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
$123.75*
and up
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral, Dover and Greenwich with Thames River...
$139.89*
Windsor Castle, Bath, and Stonehenge Tour from London
Ranked #121 of 723 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Things to see and do in and around London. Sightseeing Tours, Attractions, Theatre, Events and lots more. “Tourism is the only business that actively brings cultures together. It is through experiencing other cultures that we come to understand one another.” With this at the forefront of our minds since 1984, we have continuously maintained our reputation as your local sightseeing experts. We offer a wide range of sightseeing tours designed to bring you the finest tour experiences possible. Additionally, we also include a range of activities that have been brought to us from other providers.
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This is the email I sent this company along with receipt details and they have not even replied .
I am writing to you after having a very bad experience with this tour company. I am from london but had guests for the weekend and this whole experience with goldentours spoilt there trip and upset and embarrassed me greatly !
I booked on the 21.0614 for 4 adults and I want a refund ! I have spoken to guiseppa (supervisor) over the phone twice the first time was the evening of 21.06.14 after buying our tickets first thing that morning and the agent not mentioning any diversions or protests that day and after being specifically asked how regular the buses were telling us there between every 10 to 15 minutes we picked up our first bus and was told we had to leave the bus as there had been an incident and they needed the bus elsewhere this ws just before the Houses of Parliament we decided to have a look around before getting back on it seemed at least on this day it wasn't so easy to hop on as off . we could not board a golden tours bus as there weren't any we couldn't find any reps for this company although we see lots of big bus tour buses and reps we ended up walking to Victoria this is not what we paid over £100 pounds for and I'm extremely disappointed and feel I wouldn't advise anyone to go with goldentours in the future when we boarded at Victoria after five minutes we sat in traffic again and decided to get back off and try again after lunch we never got back on a goldentours bus ! We tried a few times once we were told bus was at Baker Street we were at Trafalgar Square so decided to try again after dinner and enjoy a proper tour to finish our day to which point we called guiseppa as still no buses to be seen to which we were told the buses end at 19.00 it was not much later than this and at no point had anyone told us this . Guissepa told us they were not aware how big the protest that day was going to be and that if we go to one of the offices tomorrow they would re issue tickets the next day we went back to tower were we purchased tickets to explain that we want a refund as guests are leaving today so no point in re issuing tickets for today . We were told we would have to go to Victoria for ticket re issue by massimo another supervisor so we again spoke to Guissepa who explained that for refund we would need to email customer service . This is stressful as it was a lot of money and has spoilt what should have a wonderful weekend and i have had to find time to write this email that has made it even more stressful rather than just being refunded .

Now I will be sure to wright as many reviews as I can and spread the word about this company and it's lack of service .Goldentours just take responsibilty and just stop with the same response to every complaint regarding hop on hop off ( that you will investigate ) do something about it everyone isn't lying the service is terrible do something about it !

4  Thank cherie v
goldentoursUK, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment and bringing this to our attention.

Naturally, as a responsible company, we take all negative feedback very seriously and although you say you are still waiting for an answer we still need to be sure that your case has been received and is being looked.

Therefore may I request you to please send us as much information as you can, together with the details of your reservation/tickets to customerservices@hoponhopoffplus.com placing the word Trip Advisor into the subject header to be able to look into all the points you mention.

Thank you and looking forward to receiving details

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I purchased advanced tickets for the Total London Experience, which was supposed to be a 10-hour day tour of London, to include touring by bus, a catamaran down the Thames, and the London Eye.

The problems started before we even begin this tour, because our tour bus was nearly 45 minutes late departing Victoria Station. No explanation or apology was given for the delay.

Our tour guide did not provide an overview of the day’s activities, so no one knew exactly what to expect. Plus, he was very rude to a number of guests who asked questions and actually shouted at people on several occasions.

Our tour was supposed to be specific to English-speaking persons, so when one of Golden Tour’s Spanish-speaking tour buses broke down, these folks were told to get on our English-only speaking tour bus. Trying to share a bus with folks using a language other than English proved awful, because the Spanish explanation of the attractions was announced first, so by the time the English version was announced, the tour bus was long past the attractions they were talking about.

The tour bus was parked a number of times along the way for no apparent reason and without explanation, and the tour guides – both English and Spanish – left the bus for several minutes each time, while we waited for them to return. Again, there was no explanation and no apology for these delays.

Several people left the tour, mid-way, due to its poor quality; and at one point, our tour guide had us wait more than 30 minutes for them to return, which they never did. The tour guide should have said at the beginning of the tour that if you plan to leave the tour at any point to let him know so that folks wouldn’t have to waste their time and money waiting for their return.

The ride down the Thames was a joke. It was a very fast shuttle service to the London Eye. No narrative was provided about the sights along the way. I’m assuming the rush to the London Eye was due to all the time wasted that day and for getting a late start in the first place.

The London Eye was our final stop. Many folks thought there would be transportation back to Victoria Station, which was the original starting point of our tour. Unfortunately, no transportation was provided to Victoria Station, although a number of folks were waiting for transportation or at least some instruction from our tour guide on what to do next. However, he simply left the group without so much as a goodbye.

Some Suggestions for Golden Tours:

1) Please spend five minutes, up front before departure, discussing the day’s agenda and what folks should expect from Golden Tours and what’s expected of them.

2) Don’t put English-speaking and Spanish-speaking folks on a bus that’s intended for English-speaking persons only. It diminishes the experience for both groups.

3) Employ guides who are friendly, patient, and polite.

4) When problems arise, but do your patrons a favor and explain what's going on. Don't leave people sitting around waiting and wondering.

5) Finally, please be on time.

3  Thank Debbie_L_11
goldentoursUK, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment and bringing this to our attention.

Naturally, as a responsible company, we take all negative feedback very seriously and appreciate your recommendations and suggestions.

Our aim is always to improve our customer experiences

May I request that you please send us your review , together with the details of your reservation/tickets to customerservices@goldentours.com placing the word Trip Advisor into the subject header so we will be able to look into all the points you mentioned.

Thank you for booking with Golden Tours.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked the Windsor, Bath and Stonehenge tour and I knew it would be a long day, what I didn't expect was that out of 12 hours, I would only have 1 - 1 1/2 at each stop. Not enough time to spend doing anything!

We began our day with being the first people picked up at our hotel at 7am and travelled throughout London picking up others throughout the morning. We didn't leave for our tour until 9am! Had I known this was the case, I would have forgone the hotel pickup and just met them at the station!

We had an hour in Windsor, an hour in Bath and an hour and a half in Stonehenge. Really, an extra 1/2 hour to stare at a rock formation. I could have totally spent a half hour there and felt totally satisfied. In Bath we were given just enough time to see the baths and thats it.

Our tour guide was knowledgeable, but didn't give us much info. I was hoping for guided tours though the baths, but was given an audio guide instead. Blah!

So if you just want a quick glance at these places and don't mind spending 8 of the 11hours on the bus, this tour is for you.

1  Thank Daisychain247

Thank you for sharing your Golden Tours’ “Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and City of Bath” tour
Despite not being a fan of Stonehenge, we are delighted to learn you still had a nice time at the other two locations.

When covering three great locations from London in a single day we always aim to make the trip as enjoyable as we can but it can be a challenge due to the distances involved. In fact some people (and we recommend) take this day-trip to enjoy it as an overview, only to plan which of these attractions, are worth revisiting with more time on their hands.

The complimentary hotel pick up is a service that is optional and a lot of our customers find it a stress free way of making sure you get to the station on time in an unfamiliar city.

Thank you for choosing Golden.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I'm a Londoner who had friends visiting from the US. I booked the half day, 3 hour morning tour of London to give them a snapshot of the main attractions. Our tour guide was Antonio.
It started pretty well but we were then dropped off at St. Paul's Cathedral for 45 minutes & as it was Sunday we were unable to look around so we went to Starbucks for coffee instead.
We were scheduled to see the Changing of the Guard but what that actually meant was we saw them march down the Mall before being whisked off again. We did NOT see the changing of the Guard so that was mis selling & inaccurate.
We were then whisked off again & dropped at The London Eye where Antonio requested tips for himself & the driver. Did I leave one? No, I did not. I figured I had paid £211 for 5 people & had not received what was advertised. Would I use Golden Tours again: No, I would not.

3  Thank Katiebrit

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your view of your London Tour.

May I request that you please send us as much information as you can together with all the facts, specifically, how much time you spent at the procession of the changing of the guard and how in your opinion we can further maximize your time better to customerservices@goldentours.com placing the word Trip Advisor into the subject header to be able to look into all the points you mention.

Naturally, as a responsible company, we take all negative feedback, very seriously and would like to investigate these in order to keep on improving our customer experiences.

Thank you and we’ll be looking forward to receiving your e-mail.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Initially had a problem finding address for meeting tour because there was no signage at street level to indicate it was way in the back. Luckily once address was located, took stairs to top and found tour company way in the back.

Bus was painted in Harry Potter scenes which made for a great photo moment. Left punctually and arrived at studio before the first tour of the day at 9 a.m., so got a chance to wander through gift store first to see what was for sale.

Qued up for entry and they opened doors for a set number of people at a time so that one wasn't overtaken by crowds. You enter into the Great Hall where you are visited by a tour guide who explained what to see and expect and then you are on your own to explore before next group ushered in.

We were given several hours to tour facility, which is filled with lots and lots of Harry Potter sets and props. Be sure you don't use flash when taking photos. With flash you get just what you are looking at, but without flash you get the movie version of the same scene, which is the best. They have lighted the studio so you get the movie effect.

They have butterbeer for sale, the most expensive version is 6.95 pounds - quite expensive if you use the 2:1 conversion to US currency, but it really does taste great and you get to keep the glass to take home as a souvenir.

In the gift shop, they have items for sale by the different houses, so pick your favorite house and shop away.

Bus brought us back to starting point in London early afternoon. There are two departure times for this tour company. We picked the early morning one, but there is also an afternoon tour as well.

goldentoursUK, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for sharing your ‘Harry Potter’ experience on a Warner Bros. Studio Tour London including return transfers from two locations in central London with Golden Tours.

We are happy hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your “The Making of Harry Potter” tour. We appreciate you describing your experience in detail which I am sure people who are planning to take this tour will find it very useful.

Thank you for choosing Golden Tours and we certainly appreciate you rating us 5 stars.

Been to Golden Tours? Share your experiences!