“Don't bother with Windsor tour!”
Review of Golden Tours

Golden Tours
Book In Advance
$94.81*
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
$126.41*
and up
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral, Dover and Greenwich with Thames River...
$142.90*
Windsor Castle, Bath, and Stonehenge Tour from London
Ranked #124 of 710 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Things to see and do in and around London. Sightseeing Tours, Attractions, Theatre, Events and lots more.“Tourism is the only business that actively brings cultures together. It is through experiencing other cultures that we come to understand one another.” With this foremost in our minds since 1984, we have continually maintained our reputation as your local sightseeing experts. We offer a wide range of sightseeing tours designed to bring you the finest tour experience possible. Additionally, we also include a range of activities that have been brought to us from other providers.
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I chose the tour as I was travelling with my daugther and I was told we would be taken to the gate, aware no guide but happy with that. We were collected at second stop and and only 2 seperate seats. I asked to sit with my daugther and they would not arrannge it...words first on. We were then dropped at the coach site on the others side of town and only when asked were we told to walk over the bridge and"we would find it". In fact, over the bridge was the station...would have been cheaper and easier to get the train. Recommend you do!

1  Thank MelindaJean66
goldentoursUK, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment and bringing this to our attention.

I am sorry that you may not have been able to sit together during a trip to Windsor as we are unable to reserve seats or issue seat numbers yet however your comments regarding being dropped off on the other side of the town do need further investigation.

Naturally, as a responsible company, we take all negative feedback very seriously and investigate these in order to keep on improving our customer experiences but only if it proves to be authentic.
Unverified Comments and reviews (positive and negative) sometimes can be untrue.

Therefore may I request you to please send us as much information as you can, together with the details of your reservation/tickets to customerservices@goldentours.com placing the word Trip Advisor into the subject header to be able to look into all the points you mention.

Thank you and looking forward to receiving details to initiate a full investigation.

There are newer reviews for Golden Tours

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Although rating this tour as average, I want to be clear that my rating more reflects the nature of the tour than the information or tour guide herself. This was a bus tour (with a few photo op stops and an included fairly in depth tour of St. Paul's Cathedral). Our tour guide was lovely, funny, knowledgeable, and quite entertaining and while she provided a lot of information on the various attractions we passed (most of which were closed as it was Boxing Day), I found that this type of tour was not really for me or my young adult kids who would have preferred a more active tour with more opportunity to explore on our own. That said, it was great for my mom who is older and has limited ability to do a lot of walking. The tour did get us oriented to the city and that was helpful. I would recommend this tour for less active or elderly individuals or, as was our situation, for a holiday when most attractions are closed. Otherwise, I would probably forgo this and do each sight more actively.

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience on a Golden Tours' Boxing Day Sights and Sounds Tour.

We agree, London being so dynamic, that some people may prefer a more active tour with more opportunity to explore on their own however when covering as big as a metropolis like London in a single day it is quite a challenge. We always aim to make this tour as enjoyable as we can and maximize time.

Thank you for mentioning that this particular tour helped you get oriented to the city of London. In fact some people (and we recommend) do take this day-trip to enjoy it as an overview, only to plan places worth revisiting with more time on their hands.

We are pleased your found your guide, funny, knowledgeable, and quite entertaining as it is so meaningful when accompanied by someone who knows and understands when to share just the right bite-sized but relevant information at the right time. Most people who explore on their own sometimes miss this.

Thank you for choosing Golden Tours.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

graham our tour guide was great! We did 2x major tours with Golden tours. My favourite was Warwick castle, Oxford and Cotswold. I love the concept of if u were not back on time you will be left behind. People who make you wait are just plain selfish. It is a tight schedule if ur want in an overview of English history ... If not do the tours on your own if you do not want to be rushed. I will use Golden tours again as the staff are very friendly and for an extra $10 pounds it's worth buying lunch through them as this gives you more time to site see! P.s if you don't understand English best to check before booking, as we had few Italians whinging on why the tours was not in Italian we are in England!

Thank you for sharing your ‘great’ experience on both the tours with Golden Tours

Very pleased to learn you found your guide, Graham, great as it’s always much more meaningful and enjoyable when accompanied by someone who is informative and enthusiastic.

When covering three great locations with the distances involved from London in a single day we always aim to make sure we maximize as much time as possible at each location but only with a little cooperation from everyone on the tour.

Thank you for choosing Golden Tours.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went on the Windsor Castle, Stonehendge and City of Bath Tour with some friends. I've never been to any of these locations and was excited.

Our tour guide Margot was very informative and quite funny when telling the stories and history of certain places and people. I actually learned a lot at the end of the tour. There was just enough time to see all the sights and get back to London in time for dinner around 7:30pm. The driver Adam was great getting us to our destinations quickly but safely. Just remember to buckle up your seat belt as the roads can be bumpy and it's also the law. Also, don't bring hot beverages or hot food onto the bus - they are not allowed.

Thank you for sharing your ‘exciting’ experience on Golden Tours’ day-tour of Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and the City of Bath.

Margot your guide, whom you found funny, is one of our most valued team member
When you are visiting great historic attractions such as these, it is always more meaningful and enjoyable when accompanied by someone who is well versed in history.

We are glad you felt safe with Adam, your driver for the day. It is much appreciated that you mentioned that this tour gave you just enough time to experience all the three major attractions only to return in time for dinner.

Thank you for highly recommending us and choosing Golden Tours.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I understand there are issues with the schedule but they need to clarify in BIG FAT RED WORDS that public tours means that you are simply being taken from place to place, with someone that may or may not know what they are talking about and that YOU MAY BE LEFT BEHIND if you don't come back on time.

Also, the company needs to make it clear for customers that given the fact that they will be given a lot of options to see during one single tour, that more likely they WILL NOT be able to stay a long time and will most definitely NOT be able to have time to buy souvenirs.

Lastly, next to "experienced tour guides", it needs to be clarified that tour guides, most of the time—if not always, CANNOT go with customers into the places they visit. This is the main reason WHY people are left behind. You can hardly enjoy any activity because you are constantly worried that you have to get back to the bus.

P.S. In a tour to the Warner Bros. Studios, ticket said the time we needed to come back was 2:15pm, but the guy that step into our bus kept saying 3:15pm—even though people pointed out he was wrong, he stuck to his time.

I decided to come back at 2:15pm and the guy was like "uh.. sorry".. yeah, whatever. You lost your bus, sorry about THAT.

By the way, yes, I was left behind in STONEHENGE even though I was told I could leave my bag in the bus. They took off WITH IT. Someone from PREMIUM TOURS offered to take me to Bath and London (if needed). Also, the tour guide that took us to Stonehenge only had an interesting fact about singer Jay Z making a song titled Magna Carta.

2  Thank Ed M

Thank you for taking the time to comment and bringing this to our attention.

All your comments certainly need to be thoroughly investigated further.

It is no secret that in the interest of fairness and giving everyone the maximum time at each location we need to adhere to the stated scheduled times. However we do allow reasonable extra time.

Therefore may I request you to please send us as much information as you can, together with the details of your reservation/tickets to customerservices@goldentours.com placing the word Trip Advisor into the subject header to be able to look into all the point you mention.