“Bath, Lacock, and Stonehenge”
Review of Golden Tours

Golden Tours
Book In Advance
$92.90*
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
$123.86*
and up
Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral, Dover and Greenwich with Thames River...
$140.02*
Windsor Castle, Bath, and Stonehenge Tour from London
Ranked #120 of 723 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Things to see and do in and around London. Sightseeing Tours, Attractions, Theatre, Events and lots more. “Tourism is the only business that actively brings cultures together. It is through experiencing other cultures that we come to understand one another.” With this at the forefront of our minds since 1984, we have continuously maintained our reputation as your local sightseeing experts. We offer a wide range of sightseeing tours designed to bring you the finest tour experiences possible. Additionally, we also include a range of activities that have been brought to us from other providers.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We took a daylong trip to Bath, Lacock, and Stonehenge (private evening viewing) while in London recently. It was a great itinerary, we loved all 3 sites, and the price was reasonable. My husband and I were both disappointed in the tour guide however. Omar seemed less than thrilled to be on the tour and didn't seem incredibly knowledgeable about the destinations. At one point in Lacock he was guesstimating the date on the village school, 17th or 18th century...the date was actually inscribed right on the front where we were standing (1842) and was pointed out to him by another tourist walking by. I learned more about Stonehenge reading Wikipedia on my phone than from his account on the way there. It's a shame really because these tours can be a really great experience if you have a tour guide who cares enough to know the history of the places he is taking you.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I booked with Golden Tours to take myself and my two teenage children to see the Harry Potter studio in London. I would definitely not recommend this company, they are extremely disorganised and certainly do not take customer satisfaction seriously. We arrived at the given time to start our tour. When we eventually got to the front of the queue to get on the Harry Potter bus it was full apart from two seats and the lady who was in charge of getting people on the bus shouted to the remaining people and asked if there was two people travelling together. There was a surge of people from behind us who came forward with such force that they pushed myself, my children and other people in the queue to such an extent that we were nearly pushed over !! This caused upset for my family and others and the situation was completely disregarded. We were then told that another Harry Potter bus would be coming to take us shortly. The Harry Potter bus did not arrive but a plain white coach did and again we were informed that we could get on this or wait for a Harry Potter bus which was going to take another 45 minutes. With time being the essence I decided that we would get on this coach much to the disappointment of my children. Needless to say the Harry Potter studio tour was fabulous but Golden tours had nothing to do with that !! On the return journey the driver held no respect for the people who had been queueing in an orderly fashion but was insisting on letting the people on who had pushed in front. There seemed to be a lot of disgruntled passengers because of this but again this was not addressed. Do not use this company they are extremely disorganised and certainly do not have the capability to create an orderly fashion when boarding their customers onto their coaches.

1  Thank tilly345
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The tour was not as good as I'd hoped it would be. We did see a lot, but I'd expected a little more for the price. The tour elements were as follows with my opinion on each:
Complimentary hotel pick up from over 80 central London hotels: Picked up around 7:30 AM, shuttled to their location, and the tour didn't actually start until after 9:00. Lots of standing around and waiting
Panoramic tour of London: we rode the bus across London past many landmarks. Look fast.
Entry to St. Paul’s Cathedral with special access to the Quire: this was very good. Our guide was knowledgeable
See the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace: we were well back from the streets and fence, views we could have gotten without the tour. And from where we all were, we had to fight (nearly literally) a crowd on the sidewalk to get back to our bus. We were told it usually wasn't that bad, but it sounded like "not that bad" would still have been pretty bad. Terrible situation for little kids or older persons.
Optional Lunch: we really didn't enjoy this. It was in a basement of a medieval-themed restaurant. The food was ok, but the seating was cramped. I think going on your own would be a better choice.
Entry to Tower of London: We got to hear from a Beefeater for about 15 minutes and take photos with him, which was a nice aspect. Beyond that, we were on our own.
Thames River boat ride: got to bypass a long line to board, which as nice. However the ride wasn't that interesting
Spectacular experience on the London Eye: the tour was supposed to end by about 6:30 PM but by the time we got to the London Eye at 5:30, the next available rides were at 8:30 PM. We didn't have time to wait so we had to come back the next morning.

1  Thank TXVenture
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I'm only giving one star because the driver was pleasant and did his job well. Otherwise this trip was a waste of a day. We were picked up on time at 8:00 am from the hotel and taken to Victoria station where we waited in line and finally left the station at 9:15. From then on, all we heard about from the tour guide was how late we were and how we'd have to hurry everywhere we went. We arrived in Bibury, a picturesque little village in the Cotswolds and had a five minute walk past the cottages then drama about construction and turning around of the bus. Next we went to Burford where we spent 15 of our 60 minutes for lunch sitting on the bus while they tried to park it. We barely had time to walk in, use the restroom and eat lunch before rushing back to the bus only to watch passengers be scolded for being a few minutes late. Next we went to Boureton on the Water where we had only 30 minutes to walk to the scenic area. By the time we walked down there it was basically time to walk back. No time to look around in the shops. A long drive later we arrived at Blenheim Palace, the featured destination of the tour. We had just over an hour to tour the palace and get back to the bus. Barely enough time to see the downstairs only. We were specifically told," don't go upstairs, there's no time for it". Again, rushing though the exhibit, restroom and back to the bus. The guide was rude to passengers, opinionated and represented the English poorly. When he gave us our tickets for the palace, the guide said to my husband, " you werent on my coach today, were you?" Really? He would say he was just doing his job with the given time constraints. He was obviously very stressed about the time schedule. If that's the case , the tour should be split up into separate Cotswold tour and Blenheim palace tours.
We won't be doing any of these organized tours again. Disappointing to say the least.

2  Thank emtoothfxr
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Do not buy your view from the Shard tickets from these people. Once I had paid I received an email telling me the tickets, or voucher as they called it, would follow in a second email. It never arrived, they never answered my emails and were difficult to get hold of.
When i finally spoke to someone they assured me taking along the confirmation email was enough to gain entry.
On arrival at the Shard they of course asked for the voucher that I never had.
They told me this happens all the time and are not happy about it. The staff at the Shard were very friendly and helpful and made sure we were allowed in.
Buy your tickets direct with the Shard and enjoy the stunning views.

Been to Golden Tours? Share your experiences!