“One night in hell”
Review of Haven Hotel

Haven Hotel
Ranked #868 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 23, 2012

this is the worst hotel that i have ever stayed in. Firstly upon entering into my room (number 25) i found a repulsive smell greeting me as i opened a shed like door. After walking into the room I found all of the windows being open, after closing them and returning to the room after a couple of hours i found that they were opened to discise a sewer like smell coming from a leaking sink in the toilet. The room was overall replusive all of the walls are dirty. The beds had the remains of human hair from a previous person who had stayed in the bed. The covers for the bed were covered with stains and were that bad that we had to sleep with just sheets. We tried to get a refund after 3 minutes of being in the room this was refused. The bathroom was underscribeable and replusive to the point were you are required to wear flip flops just to take a shower. We didnt even atempt to eat breakfast after what we had seen in the room. I MUST STRESS TO YOU NEVER TO STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 2, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2012

This hotel was a big disappointment for me and my family. It partially ruined our 3 day stay in London which were the final days of our 5 week vacation that we had spent in other countries. One would think that for paying 330 GBP one would at least get a decent experience even though the room was small which I knew beforehand. I do expect that for that kind of money I should at least get a normal bed that is reasonable clean and without bed mites everywhere. But no, I did not expect to get a worse than 3.rd. world experience in a 1.st world country. If our room is the only room with bed mites, then stay away from room number 21. The toilet seat was partially torn with wood (!) splinters coming out and the shower looked very bad. The 15 sqm. room (one single bed and one double bed) was also not clean at all and in overall very bad shape. I don’t mind that the room was small but I do mind that it was dirty and infested with mites. I will soon post some pictures, if it’s allowed in this review, of the broken toilet. The pictures will soon be placed here: http://www.photoshow.org/havenhotel
I never did complain to the staff at the hotel about the room. I did not want to spend precious time in London on complaints and looking for a new Hotel. I believe since I never did confront the staff about the condition of the room I always got very friendly service at the hotel. The breakfast was quite good and staff was friendly. They should however find a way to serve the milk chilled, it was undrinkable for me. The juice was served chilled.
I think this Hotel could have great potential if they would actually clean the rooms, replace the beds for beds where the you don’t feel the springs rubbing your back and where there are no bed mites residing in them, fix the toilet, no major renovation needed really, then this Hotel might actually become reasonable presentable. I recommend that people absolutely stay away from this hotel; there are many more hotels available at this price that must be better, at least cleaner and without bed mites and torn toilet seats. I am actually thinking of reporting this hotel to the proper health authorities in U.K since it is so below standard that I doubt it is legal. I am maybe having to high expectations of the standard in U.K., maybe this is the standard to expect at this price level, I really don’t know anymore.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Finnur T
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have been there for 3 nights in Nov 2010. It was 70 pounds per night.
Good things:
- Price (70 pounds per night)
- Clean room, bath.
Bad things:
- Noise
- Lobby is good
- breakfast area is underground and very small space.

They showed me 2 rooms. one has no good ventilation. and the other which I pick is noisy.

In general, It's Okay and fare considering the price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank khaledalshehri
Reviewed July 7, 2011

The rooms are dirty, with some kind of liquid stain dripping down the walls, threadbare/grubby coverlets, and curtains hanging off the rod. One curtain appeared to be ripped off 1 inch shorter than the other Lots of noise There are better hotels for less money in the same area...don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Fairly friendly staff. Reception looks OK, free coffee available. Lift small but works. Room was not bad size, bathroom small but hygienic. One tiny towel each. Sheets were perfectly clean but bedspread rather grubby. Shower cubicle & curtain need replacing but plenty of hot water. Overall VERY shabby & in need of TLC.

Room Tip: Front rooms VERY noisy,