“Clerkenwell Delight”
Review of Granger & Co

Granger & Co
Ranked #1,785 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
London, United Kingdom
“Clerkenwell Delight”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

What a great location, spacious with lots of light and a great atmosphere. Dinner was very good, only gripe...a little too much salt. The burger was messy, the fish curry excellent, the tempura was delightful. My first time at the restaurant and I wasn't' disappointed. The staff were very attentive and the overall experience was first class.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
cambridge
“good but not great”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

maybe I need to buy some big glasses and a man bag , but certainly I felt a little unfashionable in hip clerkenwell, especially in this uber trendy cafe.We had brunch here yesterday, and whilst there some high points ( corn fritters and scrambled egg), I actually thought the menu was a little limited.
Service was patchy and it was pricey for what it is.
Will try dinner , but won't return for brunch ( its sunday , a bit of live jazz and the newspapers would be an idea), and at around £30 per head its not great value

1 Thank Newtontj
London, United Kingdom
“A must!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Interesting to read the mixed reviews. I live around the corner from the restaurant and have been for dinner and lunch probably half dozen times now. Must admit that I have a great experience each time.
I particularly enjoy the fact that the menu is mixed. You can go from a pizza to a thai-esque fish curry! Something for every taste bud! On that topic, some musts:
Fish curry
Finnochiona pizza (Salami & fennel)
Pappardelle (veal & pork)
Wish I could offer a money back guarantee because they're simply to die for.

I'm a big fan of the decor, the clean lines are a refreshing change from the over done "rustic look".

Somerset, UK
“still my favorite”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Bill Granger is my favorite celebrity chef so it was a no brainer that i would book his new place for my birthday dinner.
I wasnt disappointed.
Four of us went for dinner on a Thursday evening and had no problems booking a table - which is one of the things i dislike about his Notting HIll place.
I ordered ceviche to strat and fish curry for main. Both dishes sum up exactly why i love Bills food so much. Both were fresh, light and tasty. The fish curry was absolutely to die for.
My cheesecake dessert was a slight let down but they made up for it with a birthday candle! My husbands chocloate mousse however was amazing. The boys had pork ribs which they seemed to enjoy and my friend had the crab risotto which was also lovely, fresh and tasty.
The waiting staff were very polite and attentive and were very obliging when looking into my friends dietry requirements.
I would say that the Clerkenwell restaurant doesnt have the same atmosphere as Bills Notting Hill version BUT this is outweighed by the ability to book!! Its light airy and spacious and has lovely views out of the picture windows.
Hes still my fav.

• Visited May 2014
“A dining delight”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Just had a delightful dinner - everything that we ordered was superb from the starters of asparagus, artichoke and burrata and the Korean spiced chicken to the main courses of spaghetti and chicken schnitzel. The cheesecake was the desert highlight. The staff were also really helpful and welcoming. Definitely try it before it becomes too popular.

Visited May 2014