3,564 results
All reviews river view the emirates cable car excel centre floating hotel molton brown toiletries royal victoria dock emirates airline custom house canary wharf unique hotel city airport afternoon tea coffee machine birthday treat executive room fantastic stay one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Extremly dissapointed this was a wedding gift to me and my new wife from my mother in law on arrival we were greated by the most miserable bunch of staff i have ever witnessed we where then asked to pay a £40 charge of a card justvas a deposit incase of any damages etc this was fine but will return to this later , after getting our key we walked down the worn out hall into our room which looked nice ,my mother in law had asked the staff before we had arruved for an upgrade as it was a special wedding gift there was no sign of this apart from 4 small chocolates on table with a letter of what time breakfast was etc, even just a simple cingratualtions from your missrable staff would of been nice , any off to the bar we went just to be ripped of since when does it cost £9 for a draft beer , after this we decided to go out as would be cheaper seeing as this was supposeed to be a nice relaxing night on tge yaught we are now at the o2 arena having a few drinks . So in the morning i have a bit of a stomach cramp which had day before so didbt go for breakfast and my wife had a slice of toast which we were informed was included in the price , turns out that this is what the £40 deposit was for at checking in , after much discussion at reception explaining i didnt go for breakfast and my wife had a slice of toast are you reallt charging £39 for there reply was well yer , the resturant is open till 11 if you want more what a absolute joke this place is i will be posting this message on as many sites as i possible can.

4  Thank marklO1725SP
SunbornLondon, Front Office Assistant Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear marklO1725SP,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at Sunborn London Yacht hotel.

We were of course concerned and disappointed to read that you felt your special day was ruined and would like to apologise if we did not fully live up to your expectations.

I have personally checked your reservation and can confirm that your booking did include the breakfast and there were no additional charges to your account.

Here at Sunborn London we try to acknowledge all special occasions and offer a symbolic room amenity on arrival. Room upgrades are always subject to availability and your stay has been upgraded from the Classic Dock view to Executive River view room.

Our prices reflects the novelty of the yacht and are in line with all other four-star properties in London.

While we understand your frustration on such an important day, and can certainly empathise with your feelings and experience, we hope that our explanations have clarified the points mentioned in your review.

Once again, I would like to apologise for the situation and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back, at which time we will spare no effort in providing you with the seamless experience you deserve.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

From the moment of booking I had a terrible experience! The 25 minutes to wait for my calls to be answered. This happened 3 times so it’s standard. The extremely rude staff. One person could t find my booking so would t deal with me! The fact I booked via my company and then had to show company card details and ID or I couldn’t stay. Ridiculous policy. I’ve stayed in hundreds of places via work and have never had this treatment. I’ll never stay again ever. I had a £400 room booked. The executive suite. Absolutely terrible waste of money. Avoid avoid avoid! Stay in a travel lodge or the pavement! It would be a better experience!!!

4  Thank jonmL516WX

Dear jonmL516WX,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I do apologies for the inconvenience you faced during booking with us.
As I am aware the booking was made on a different name, that caused the difficulties to find your reservation on our system.
We are following strict policies and procedures regarding the identification of the guest staying at the hotel, which are outlined in our term and conditions.

Thank you again and we do hope to be able to welcome you back at The Sunborn London Yacht Hotel.

Robert.Szabo@sunbonlondon.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I didn't quite know what to expect as I had never heard of a "Yacht Hotel" before, but I was very pleasantly surprised.
The size of our classic room was unexpectedly generous. The queen sized bed was very comfortable and the nautically themed decor was aesthetically tasteful. As our room was below deck, the only reminder of being on water once actually on board was looking at the river view from the restaurant. The staff were helpful to the nth degree and nothing was too much trouble.
The breakfast was absolutely delicious and you could eat your fill.
My only bugging issue was the key card that is also supposed to operate the lift. It was very temperamental; in the 2/3 days we were there we had to get it re-programmed 3 times this was somewhat inconvenient. Other than that we enjoyed our stay very much. We'd like to try Sunborn, Gibraltar next!

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank June C
SunbornLondon, Front Office Assistant Manager at Sunborn London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear June C,

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Sunborn London Yacht Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to read of what an enjoyable and memorable time you had. I look forward to sharing your generous compliments with my team and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
It was an enormous pleasure to have you staying here.

Thank you for choosing Sunborn London Yacht Hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was really looking forward to staying here as we normally stay at the Novatel opposite, staff were very unfriendly, one if the rooms had been cancelled as they had tried to take the money for the room the day before even though we had chosen the ‘pay at property ‘ option, the lady seemed to have great delight in telling our friends there cars had declined in full earshot of other guests making them feel awkward.
The rest of the stay did not get much better, the rooms were clean but the double bed had two single mattresses on it so there was a line/hole down the middle of the bed, bar staff looked like they had lost a £10 and found a pound, over all a very disappointing experience, will not return and continue to stay at the novatel from now on.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank richardbP9741PV

Dear RichardbP9741PV,

Thank you for taking your time to review your experience at Sunborn London.

I'm most concerned and sorry to read that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we strive to provide to our guest.
Your feedback will be shared with the management team to ensure this will be avoided in the future.
I would also like to inform that we are following t Hotel’s policies and procedures regarding the room reservations and notifying every guest of any changes prior arrival.

We are committed to delivering the highest level of service and I am sincerely apologetic that you felt that this was not reflected on this occasion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here with my son after a day at Comic Con and was not disappointed, Rooms big, clean and comfy. would recommend this as something different to your usual hotel stay. Staff very friendly and courteous.

Room tip: great views of the Thames
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kirstie E

Dear Kirstie E,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review The Sunborn London Yacht Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and I am thrilled to read of what an enjoyable time you had. Thank you for your compliments towards the team and the facilities of the hotel. I look forward to sharing your review with my team an hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.