“Great Location and very clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of London City Hotel

London City Hotel
Ranked #209 of 1,087 Hotels in London
“Great Location and very clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel is in a great location. It is literally right next to the Borough Tube. We took the Tube everywhere in London. We arrived very early and the staff held our bags and suggested we walk through the Borough Market. So happy we did, we ate some good food and saw some neat things. The room was very clean and well kept. The bed was pretty comfortable. Our only negative comment is the room size. It was rather small but if you are just looking for a clean, safe place to sleep then this won't be a worry for you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kerri F
1948john, Guest Relations Manager at London City Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Kerri,

Thank you for taking he time to leave a comment after your stay.

Good to hear that the left luggage facility helped you out. We really want our guests to be able to make the most of their stay in London and with so many sights in walking distance and the tube station next door it is the least we can do to keep hold of your bags for a few hours until rooms are ready.

Claudia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I chose this hotel as I was in town doing some ancestry research in the area and this hotel was basically across the street from the archives. From the moment I arrived, the staff ensured that I had nothing to worry about during my stay. The room and the location are excellent and the ability to access key sites in the area and be in walking distance to great areas of London was a great bonus. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to coming back on my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Really pleased to hear that the location of our hotel worked for the purpose of your visit.

We hope to see you again and would be happy to offer any local knowledge possible to add to your experience of the local area.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

2nd time we have stayed here this year. Both times we stayed in the new block (through the cafe). Spotlessly clean throughout. Comfy bed and quiet. Staff extremely polite. Rooms could do with a full length mirror as i guess like us, most people are getting dolled up for a night out, but that is only a light quibble. Recommend.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1948john, Guest Relations Manager at London City Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Gary,

Thanks very much for leaving a review and really pleased that you have stayed with us on more than one occasion.

Great to know about the need of a full length mirror. I'm working my way through the hotel to see what improvements are needed in each room, so I'll add that to the list and see if it is possible for the room you stayed in.

Diss, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

As a female travelling alone, this hotel was perfect. The room was clean and very comfortable, i think its one of the best sleeps ive had in a hotel. In the evening I walked down to borough market and the Thames(Tate gallery ect), which was only a 5 min walk away. During my stay I felt I was staying in a safe area and the staff where very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Next time I come to London I will defiantly stay here.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 10 which was a single and shared shower (with one other room) both good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sally,

Thanks very much for leaving the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback and sharing London City Hotel with other travellers.

Great to know that you made the most of the local sights on our doorstep.

Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming family and friends you send our way.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

This weekend a friend and I were hitting London town for the first time so we thought why not make a 'thing of it' and book a hotel.

When looking for a hotel we wanted one close enough to were we was going that night, comfortable, standard price, safe and clean. We got all 5 of these and on top of that the staff are very friendly and the pillows were feather (what a bonus)!!

Unfortunately when booking the room I didn't realise that I had picked the room with a shared bathroom, I was very apprehensive as I was expecting to book a room with a shared bathroom...BUT we had no problems with the shared bathroom, this was also very clean and was was very close to our room!

A big thank you to the staff at London City Hotel!!

Room Tip: If there are no en-suit rooms left don't be shy to get a shared bathroom!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

So pleased that you chose to stay at London City Hotel.

Really pleased to know that the shared bathroom was OK for you both and that it did not negatively impact on your stay with us.

Next time you are making a night of it in London then we hope you chose to come and stay with us.
We can make sure you stay in another room, so you get to try out all the combinations we have here.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

My colleague and I stayed here on Wednesday 13th November 2013 and we were amazed at how good it was for the price. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful (always goes a long way), my room (room 15 as it happened) was clean and perfectly comfortable and parking was just £15 a day which was another bonus given that it is literally a stone's throw from The Shard.

It's not trying to be anything fancy, but what is does do is provide exceptional value for money and really has the nicest and most helpful staff I think I've ever seen at a hotel!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants nice, clean, simple and reasonably priced accommodation. If you're on a business trip and want to keep the price down but have a nice room, this is definitely one for you.

Room Tip: Even rooms on the front of the hotel (adjacent to the road) aren't particularly noisy given that...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review. So pleased to hear that you felt very welcome by the staff and that the hotel met your needs.

We very much appreciate the honest feedback.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had a very good experience here. The hotel location is fantastic being right next door to the Underground. Parking is chargeable, secure and is just a short walk away. I want to say thanks to Anna. She is very good at her job, attentive and offers help if needed.
Its a single door at the front with stairs to reception. Once booked in I was guided by Anna to my room. Out of the hotel into Cafe Riva and through to a new area with 4 new rooms. Mine was D. Anna opened the door and wow what a nice surprise. Brand new, lovely bathroom with massive shower trendy basin etc. The bed was so comfy my 3 night stay was made easier by having excellent sleeps. Breakfast is in Cafe Riva which is very clean and the food was great.

All in all I will be going back on my next trip to London.

Room Tip: Ask for room A B C or D. They are new very clean and the cafe is through one door.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1948john, Guest Relations Manager at London City Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear James,

Thank you very much for your excellent review and for taking the time to mention staff by name. All the staff want to make sure our guests feel welcome and it is great to have that recognised.

Room D and all the ground floor rooms are recently built, maintaining our existing standards and are part of the refurbishment plan for the hotel.

We hope that you chose to stay with us again.