“Very clean hotel with reasonable prices”
Review of London City Hotel

London City Hotel
Ranked #235 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I sayed here on Monday 3rd September 2012 and found it to be very clean and almost right in centre of London. It was next door to the Borough tube station which is only one stop away from London Bridge on the northern line or a 15 minute walk. I would come here again. Staff were very friendly also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hughparker1

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after I had been lucky enough to get a ticket for the athletics at the Olympics at the last minute.
I booked it at very short notice the night before my stay & was only able to get a single room with shared bathroom facilities. I was intially very dubious about this, however I needn't have worried, the bathroom was only shared between 2 rooms & I had no problems with usage. Both the bedroom & bathroom were very clean with large thick white towels. On arrival I was asked if I needed hairdryer, iron or ironing board, which I felt was a nice touch.
The room had everything I needed as I just wanted somewhere clean & comfortable to sleep & the room & hotel fully fitted this brief. I really liked that it was right next door to the tube station.
The bed was next to the window & overlooked the front of the hotel, however I wasn't really disturbed by outside noise, althought this might have been because of exhaustion due to all the Olympic excitment!
Borough is a nice area with a good selection of cafes, bars, restaurants & convenience stores.
I'm often in London & wouldn't have any hesitation in using this hotel again when looking for good, clean, budget accommodation.
I had a fab weekend attending the athletics at the Olympic Park, seeing the triathlon in Hyde Park, watching the Olympic action on the BT Live big screens in Hyde Park and the marathon in Trafalgar Square on Sunday. Whilst staying at the comfortable London City hotel all added to a great experience!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicola R
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel, as many on this trip, was selected for us and we were suprised to find such a good hotel for that price in London. No luxury, but clean and with everything we needed. Modern bathroom, nice furnishing and comfortable bed. The only downsides were that we could hear people talking in the corridor (though not often) and that the view from the window was over a back yard. Fabulous with the tube station next door (northern line). A full english breakfast was included and served at the cafe on ground level. The breakfast was great and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maria G
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is great for people in London on business who want something inexpensive, clean and conveniently situated. It is not for people who want luxury and don't mind paying for it. You are getting good value for somewhere to sleep if that's all you want it for. I have stayed here 3 nights in the week for about 6 weeks. I have been in 4 different rooms. The staff are courteous and the rooms and bathrooms (shared bathrooms in my case) are all kept very clean and in reasonable state of decoration. There are en-suite rooms as well but I haven't tried these so I can't comment. The beds were all comfortable. Try the Indian Restaurant just off Tabard Street - amazing value for money and great food. The hotel itself is right next door to Borough Tube, but you don't hear the trains.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank simon d
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was my first London experience and I picked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was great! You are literally less than a minute from the Borough Underground Station and a short walk from London Bridge and Tower Bridge. The beds were very comfortable and clean and the bathroom was very clean. It was a very reasonable price and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a shared bathroom to save money and it was not a problem. The bathroom was...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Terri S
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stay in budget London hotels frequently. I rank this as one of the better ones
I stayed in single room with shared bathroom. Both were impressively clean, well maintained, and had all the facilities I expect in this price bracket. The room was of reasonable size.
Reception were very friendly and helpful.
Borough tube station is right next door; however I found it better to walk the short distance up the road to London Bridge Tube which has more connections across town.
I had the continental breakfast which at £7 seemed expensive until I tried to eat it. They have an arrangement with the restaurant downstairs and on both mornings I ended up carrying out some of the items included in the price.
There is a downside - hence 4 stars rather than 5. The hotel is next to a busy road and traffic lights. My room was at the front and despite double glazing the noise was quite intrusive. If you are a light sleeper you may wish to bring ear plugs.
I would stay there again and in terms of value for money and a convenient location it ranks well in an expensive city.

Room Tip: The front rooms are noisy
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank serendipityagain
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hotel entrance is right next to the Borough Northern line tube station so you can't get any better location. The lobby is up a flight of stairs, but this is about the only negative thing about the hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful (an iron & ironing board was delivered to my room within minutes). Room and bathroom are very clean, big fluffy towels, big fan in the room, and decent decoration for a 3 star hotel. WiFi is extra but I could get a great signal from the restaurant next door which meant free WiFi.

There's no gym (it's only a 3 star!), and I didn't try the restaurant.

There's a Starbucks over the road and lots of nearby convenience shops. In my opinion t's as good value as you'll likely find in central London.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business