“Great b&b to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hyde Park Rooms Hotel
Ranked #248 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place was perfect for us.
The underground is nearby, the rooms are very very clean and the owner Carole is great!
Our room was big (it was for three but she gave us for two), with a little bathroom.
The english breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kore82
There are newer reviews for Hyde Park Rooms Hotel

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Very affordable price for London and such a great location but somehow just seemed a little dodgy.
Not thrilled about being asked to pay in cash when I'd have preferred to pay with a credit card for the second night, like we did for the first when we reserved. Not a big deal though.
(Later, we wondered if this was intentional to keep dissatisfied guests from stopping payment on charges for the room.)
My husband and I like to imagine that we are super - flexible, not really demanding about stuff so we really didn't care that the room wasn't spotless, didn't care at all about the stairs that others seemed miffed by, weren't worried about the fact that the internet connection didn't work, didn't eat breakfast so no feedback there.
What got under our skins a bit was coming home early from a night out so that we could pack and plan for an early out the next morning to catch an international flight and the TV had been removed from our room. But even that wasn't the part that sticks with me. It was going downstairs to ask Carol about it and being told that she had taken the TV out of our room to put in another guest's room because she figured we'd be out enjoying London. Seem like there was some judgement in the comment as if we're a couple of losers who come to London to watch TV in our room. She offered no solution. We were annoyed to be put in a position to feel like we were being obnoxious because we thought it was crap to have amenities removed from the room we'd payed for and then feel like we had to explain ourselves as to why it might be nice to have had the TV. We were coming back through London for some days before we would return back to the States and would have sought to reserve here again but decided to pick another spot. It's too bad that we were kinda soured by the experience or we'd be repeat visitors for sure.
I will say that we asked for 10 pounds back as compensation for the second night with no TV and Carol agreed to refund that amount to our credit card. I doubted that she would follow through on this but she did.

Room Tip: We're going to try the Oxford Hotel in Earls Court on our way back through.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed a few days in November 2012. Hotel was very clean, comfortable, nice size room with en-suite. Amazing breakfast; eggs, bacon, cereal, plenty of toast and a good pot of English tea. Inn keeper was very helpful when I asked for tourist information or directions. I liked being close to Hyde Park, easy access to public transportation and only minutes away from Paddington station, restaurants and pubs. I would definitely stay at this hotel when I visit London next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank James B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights and was it very pleasurable. We had arrived very early at 8am and was expecting to only leave our bags as not sure if we could get our rooms (as check in is actually at 1pm). However, they were very accommodating and by before 10am, we were already settled in.

All the people there are very helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was lovely. Location was very good with a 5 minute walk to the tube station and stores very close by. I was travelling with small children and they also found the place to be quite cozy and had never complained about the rooms or the walk to the tube station.

Only negative thing is the stairs but if you are staying in these sorts of hotels in central London, then be prepared for that. Overall, a very good stay and would not mind staying again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank s_idid
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This little gem of a B&B is in a great location minutes from Paddington Station (perfect for if you are transferring to/from Heathrow or Victoria Station) and walking distance to Kensington and Hyde Parks. I got the last room available at the hotel - which was quite small, but perfect for just me and my luggage as I was out and about in the city most of the time. I shared a bathroom and shower - but these were all kept tidy and clean. The innkeeper, Carole, was most accomodating and friendly. Breakfast was filling and delicious. Price is great, too.

Room Tip: I was in a very small room on the bottom floor - I had to climb 3 flights of stairs to get to the sh...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank hnmrocks
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed here and loved it. It's in a great location near Paddington station. Despite other reviews, I found the walk short, less than 5 minutes, and in a lovely location.Pubs and restaurants near by. Yes there are stairs to get up, but knowing that beforehand made I was ready and had no problem hiking my stuff up the stairs. Carole was wonderful. Super helpful and breakfast was lovely. I feel as though I've found my new go to spot in London for a great price. I would 100% stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors, you wont hear people coming up the stairs. (Not that I did very...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The B&B is in the centre of London, near Paddington Station, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.
I stayed here while I was moving here in London and I must say that I was taken with the place.
Carole, the innkeeper was very nice and very helpful.
Each morning I would have for breakfast a cup of coffee, bacon and eggs and orange in a charming and cozy dining room. And the hotel personal staff was very friendly.
This is a place I would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family