“A good stay indeed.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hyde Park Rooms Hotel
Ranked #246 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A good stay indeed.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights and was it very pleasurable. We had arrived very early at 8am and was expecting to only leave our bags as not sure if we could get our rooms (as check in is actually at 1pm). However, they were very accommodating and by before 10am, we were already settled in.

All the people there are very helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was lovely. Location was very good with a 5 minute walk to the tube station and stores very close by. I was travelling with small children and they also found the place to be quite cozy and had never complained about the rooms or the walk to the tube station.

Only negative thing is the stairs but if you are staying in these sorts of hotels in central London, then be prepared for that. Overall, a very good stay and would not mind staying again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank s_idid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This little gem of a B&B is in a great location minutes from Paddington Station (perfect for if you are transferring to/from Heathrow or Victoria Station) and walking distance to Kensington and Hyde Parks. I got the last room available at the hotel - which was quite small, but perfect for just me and my luggage as I was out and about in the city most of the time. I shared a bathroom and shower - but these were all kept tidy and clean. The innkeeper, Carole, was most accomodating and friendly. Breakfast was filling and delicious. Price is great, too.

Room Tip: I was in a very small room on the bottom floor - I had to climb 3 flights of stairs to get to the sh...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank hnmrocks
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed here and loved it. It's in a great location near Paddington station. Despite other reviews, I found the walk short, less than 5 minutes, and in a lovely location.Pubs and restaurants near by. Yes there are stairs to get up, but knowing that beforehand made I was ready and had no problem hiking my stuff up the stairs. Carole was wonderful. Super helpful and breakfast was lovely. I feel as though I've found my new go to spot in London for a great price. I would 100% stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors, you wont hear people coming up the stairs. (Not that I did very...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The B&B is in the centre of London, near Paddington Station, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.
I stayed here while I was moving here in London and I must say that I was taken with the place.
Carole, the innkeeper was very nice and very helpful.
Each morning I would have for breakfast a cup of coffee, bacon and eggs and orange in a charming and cozy dining room. And the hotel personal staff was very friendly.
This is a place I would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a great B&B, very good located, good value with wonderful staff. Carole, who is the owner, is a wonderful lady, very helpful. I always come here when I am in London and will hopefully come many times again. I love the place which is like a home for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hbberlin
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel every time we have been in London. It is very centralt situated, it is reasonable in price to be in London, it is clean and tidy, a good beakfast in a charmant dining room and a hotel with personal atmosphere. We'll come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Inger-Torill
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Carole was the innkeeper I had most to do with, and there were two other staff I had regular interactions with that cleaned our room and made us breakfast each morning. 1 or 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, and lots of cereal and toast between 8-930am - a bit late for some early morning meetings, but normally convenient. Carole was prepared to help us with directions, a place for our car, my bicycle, my bags after I'd checked-out, finding another guest to accompany us to events when we had a spare ticket. It all helped to make the experience a memorable one.

Room Tip: 75 stairs from the basement where breakfast is the the second-most top-floor is a bit much for some...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends