“Our place in London”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hyde Park Rooms Hotel
Ranked #248 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel every time we have been in London. It is very centralt situated, it is reasonable in price to be in London, it is clean and tidy, a good beakfast in a charmant dining room and a hotel with personal atmosphere. We'll come back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Inger-Torill

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Carole was the innkeeper I had most to do with, and there were two other staff I had regular interactions with that cleaned our room and made us breakfast each morning. 1 or 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, and lots of cereal and toast between 8-930am - a bit late for some early morning meetings, but normally convenient. Carole was prepared to help us with directions, a place for our car, my bicycle, my bags after I'd checked-out, finding another guest to accompany us to events when we had a spare ticket. It all helped to make the experience a memorable one.

Room Tip: 75 stairs from the basement where breakfast is the the second-most top-floor is a bit much for some...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lucas R
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Staff are amazing, especially Carol - Always able to help above and beyond the call in any manor I required and I had more than one unusual request.

The rooms were excellent: clean, comfortable, and very affordable for central London.

The location is literally down the street from Paddington Station and you can get to the Circle, District and Hammersmith lines in 5 mins from the door to the room.

Bathrooms are available ensuite if you pay a little extra.

Breakfast is £5 /day and consists of eggs, bacon, toast, etc.

No Curfew, key access to front door.

Cannot recommend this Hotel or commend it's staff enough, will definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms that do not have an ensuite bathroom require you to share one down the hall, but there's 1...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My 14 year old son and I stayed in a twin room for 6 days. We love this place! Carol is delightful, the breakfast is tasty and the location could not be better. For a budget hotel, it does not get any better than this in London. I wore earplugs to block out street noise but it was definitely bearable.

Room Tip: If you don't want street noise, try and get a room in the back
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank NorthernLights60826
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in August 2011. We loved how close the B&B was to the tube station and Hyde Park. Lovely streets and sooooo many restuarants etc near by. (Try and find the Pride of Paddington Pub if you stay here... up towards the tube station. BEST BBQ ribs ever! And awesome pub atmosphere!)
However, the hotel was more of a hostel and we arrived when the owner was out and was greeted by someone who barely spoke english. We had to speak to the owner over the phone to confirm our booking and it was like she wasn't expecting us at all. Luckily we paid extra and got a room with an ensuite however it was downstairs and felt like we were so far away from everything - even the wifi didn't work in our room, we had to go outside toward the breakfast kitchen just to get reception for it.
Breakfast however was great! cooked well and always offered more to eat (we never went hungry).

Room Tip: Definately pay extra to have room with ensuit bathroom!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ney088
Reviewed April 29, 2012

When I arrived I was excited to be so close to Paddington Station and Hyde Park and the other houses / hotels on the street are just lovely. The welcome was quite warm but the owner did make me feel guilty that my company had requested a double bed for me...don't adults usually sleep in double beds? I'm quite fit I suppose so walking up the 6 flights of stairs to my room was fine. I was still smiling!
However, you dont expect a 'hotel' in 2012 to not have an ensuite. Not only that but the shared bathroom didn't have a shower! Or even a shower head attached to the bath. Or any soap at the sink. I did find a shower two flights down and a very embarrassed young chap trying to cover himself up as he trekked back to his room. The word 'hostel' springs to mind. The carpets were grimy, the decor was revolting and I think I'm so annoyed because they could really really do something nice with such a gorgeous property. Luckily I have a few friends in London so I could leave.

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Peta P
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Good location and warm service. The only drawback is that the hotel does not have any lift and in my case I had to go up six floors with my luggage. In addition, I was in the last floor and the bathroom of that floor did not have shower, so I had to go down two floors in order to take a shower.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends