It was quiet, and we got a great night's sleep. For a busy city like London we didn't hear a sound all night. Being in a renovated old building the walls are solid unlike new buildings were the walls are so thin. It was very clean, the kitchenette was great for making a cup of coffee after a lot of travelling. We only stayed the one night in London but would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to friends. The shower was great, with plenty of hot water and ample room. The bathroom is not very big but fine for one person at a time and it is very modern and clean. As the room was air conditioned, we were able to set the temperature we preferred and it worked! The bed was the most comfortable one we had slept on in our whole 5 weeks of travelling in Europe. It is a very safe upmarket area, so we walked around in the evening. Close to restaurants and supermarkets as well as the tube stations. We easily walked carrying our backpacks to Paddington station to catch the train to Heathrow for our flight. I was able to borrow an adaptor from reception for my electronic devices as I only had a European adaptor with me.
We had a room in the basement which faced the inside "light well". We had to keep the window and blind closed so other people couldn't see in. But this wasn't really an issue for us as we used the air conditioning and were only there the one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleveland Hotel is an independent hotel in Bayswater combining the services of a boutique hotel with all the comfort and amenities of serviced apartments. Ideally located on a tranquil and leafy garden square away from the hustle and bustle of London the hotel is just a short walk to London's famous Hyde Park on Bayswater Road and Paddington Station offering excellent transport links to Heathrow Airport and London's lively West End. The Cleveland Hotel has retained all of its beautiful Georgian period features, yet each one of our 30 contemporary studio rooms have been beautifully refurbished with the contemporary traveler in mind. Every room is fully equipped with modern kitchenettes, AC, LED TVs, free Wi-Fi and our friendly, multilingual staff, are on hand 24 hours per day offering you all the services of a boutique hotel. We offer our guests complete flexibility, comfort and security making us an ideal choice regardless of whether you are traveling for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your The Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleveland Hotel London
- Cleveland Square London
- Hotel Cleveland Square
- The Cleveland London, England