“Great place to stay”
Review of The Cleveland

The Cleveland
Ranked #18 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice and comfortable hotel with great location!Very friendly and helpful staff!Very quiet place near Hyde Park!Large and very comfortable rooms!I definitely recommend it!This will be my hotel for my next visit in London!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gergana_11
There are newer reviews for The Cleveland

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went to Bayswater area hotel, Hotel Cleveland this april..it was totally amazing..surpricingly quiet, with cooking facilities..very clean...lots of space.. the bed was just right..slept around the clock..and loved their services...everything went smoothly..we did ot have to wait for the room or anything..exellent location...will come again for sure!

Room Tip: downstairs rooms 1,2,3 are very quiet!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked the hotel short term, because of some excellent ratings here on tripadvisor and due to its location close to Paddington Station. Location is very good, Cleveland Square is very quiet, nice and clean.

I was welcomed by the receptionist, who stood in front of the hotel (smoking) and greeted me with the words "welcome to home away from home". Well - it was rather the "cellar away from my cellar"

The Hotel is also very clean. You get free WiFi. I can't say too much about the service, because all I did was checking in and out. All in all they seemed very friendly. Dislike: I was charged on arrival, which is quite unusal. I got room #5 , which is located below street level (as well as rooms #4 and #6) and has a size of max. 10 m2. No space to leave your luggage or belongings. This left aside, the room vas very clean with modern interior.

I asked for a different room, but was told, that in my category there was only one other room above sea level available and I had reserved later, so it would be unfair to put me in the other room. This sounds fair, but did not really help me.

For 127 GBP/night (single room) I definitely expect a bigger room somewhere above street level. On my last trip to London (also April 2013) I stayed in The Mad Hatter in Southwark for 140 GBP in a much bigger double room.

Can't really recommend the Cleveland. Go somewhere else.

PS: I booked over a online booking platform (HRS), because on the Cleveland`s website it was sold out

Room Tip: ask for a room above street level. Don't accept rooms 4-6
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HajoSc
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is situated in Bayswater, a nice neighbourhood. It is near Hyde Park where it is nice to take a walk. They don't serve breakfast at the hotel, but it nice to start the day by having breakfast out and then take the Tube to explore the city! I can highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Booked The Cleveland for 3 adults in 1 room after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Needed somewhere near The Royal Albert Hall. Very happy with the choice, clean hotel, friendly helpful staff and great location. Lovely walk through the park to get to RAH but the park was closed when we came out so if you are using the hotel as somewhere to stay when seeing a show/concert a taxi or tube may be needed. We walked back around the outside of the park, quite a distance but gave us chance to talk about the concert. I would highly recommend the Cleveland.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hazel W
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our family of 3 adults. The rooms were very clean and we liked having the small kitchen area, which was perfect for grabbing a quick breakfast. The staff were very helpful. We e-mailed the hotel for additional information a couple of times before we left home and each time we received a prompt response. We were able to leave our luggage at the front desk when we arrived early in the morning. When we checked in later in the afternoon, they had already taken our luggage to our room. They showed us to our room and then promptly provided additional items we requested. Hotel is in a good location -- safe with good access to the tube. Paddington Station is about half a mile away and the Lancaster Gate stop is also nearby. A Boots drugstore and the Whiteley's shopping center are only about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Whiteley's has a Marks & Spencer where we shopped for food. We would definitely stay at The Cleveland again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TMM54
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I liked the layout of the boutique hotel, the room, reception, hallway, interior design were all very beautiful. The staff were very friendly. It was only a 5 minute walk to either Bayswater or Lancaster Gate tube and in a very safe area. We didn't have breakfast included in our package, but the kitchenette facilities in the room had a fridge, sink, kettle and little hob so we made our own which was perfect. I had also read that the breakfast wasn't worht the £10 so we didn't bother including it. I thought the price was reasonable for what we got. The weather was extremely cold for when we were there and there was an awful draft from the single glazed window so the staff had to put in an electric heater.

Prior to arriving, I had mentioned that this was a special occasion and the staff suggested we upgrade to the executive room (room 18) for an extra payment. I was disappointed with the room as it looked like the standard rooms.

Room Tip: 1st floor room was nice and bright - alot of stairs for other rooms so be aware
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple