I booked the hotel short term, because of some excellent ratings here on tripadvisor and due to its location close to Paddington Station. Location is very good, Cleveland Square is very quiet, nice and clean.
I was welcomed by the receptionist, who stood in front of the hotel (smoking) and greeted me with the words "welcome to home away from home". Well - it was rather the "cellar away from my cellar"
The Hotel is also very clean. You get free WiFi. I can't say too much about the service, because all I did was checking in and out. All in all they seemed very friendly. Dislike: I was charged on arrival, which is quite unusal. I got room #5 , which is located below street level (as well as rooms #4 and #6) and has a size of max. 10 m2. No space to leave your luggage or belongings. This left aside, the room vas very clean with modern interior.
I asked for a different room, but was told, that in my category there was only one other room above sea level available and I had reserved later, so it would be unfair to put me in the other room. This sounds fair, but did not really help me.
For 127 GBP/night (single room) I definitely expect a bigger room somewhere above street level. On my last trip to London (also April 2013) I stayed in The Mad Hatter in Southwark for 140 GBP in a much bigger double room.
Can't really recommend the Cleveland. Go somewhere else.
PS: I booked over a online booking platform (HRS), because on the Cleveland`s website it was sold out
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cleveland Hotel is an independent hotel in Bayswater combining the services of a boutique hotel with all the comfort and amenities of serviced apartments. Ideally located on a tranquil and leafy garden square away from the hustle and bustle of London the hotel is just a short walk to London's famous Hyde Park on Bayswater Road and Paddington Station offering excellent transport links to Heathrow Airport and London's lively West End. The Cleveland Hotel has retained all of its beautiful Georgian period features, yet each one of our 30 contemporary studio rooms have been beautifully refurbished with the contemporary traveler in mind. Every room is fully equipped with modern kitchenettes, AC, LED TVs, free Wi-Fi and our friendly, multilingual staff, are on hand 24 hours per day offering you all the services of a boutique hotel. We offer our guests complete flexibility, comfort and security making us an ideal choice regardless of whether you are traveling for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cleveland Hotel London
- Cleveland Square London
- Hotel Cleveland Square
- The Cleveland London, England