“Dirty, small, loud, service minimally helpful, expensive”

Hyde Park Suites Serviced Apartments
Ranked #558 of 923 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I would not recommend this place at all, I wish I had of read the reviews prior to booking. The first room I had smelt like mould, and had mould in the shower, the bench top wasn't clean. They moved me to a new room slightly better... No elevators, after travelling for 4 months last thing I wanted to do was lug my bags up 4 flights of stairs.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 16, 2014

At over £200 per night this was a huge disappointment. The first room offered was unusable for 3 people and so we were moved to a different room that was marginally better. The main problem was that that room was far too small for us (2 adults and a teenager) despite being for 4 adults. The next problem was the bed - creaked every time you moved and totally disrupted sleep. The mattress was thin and no mattress protector plus the sheets did not fit the bed. The room was also VERY noisy being on Inverness terrace. Could not leave the window open at night due to al the screaming and cars hooning so had to keep it shut. This made the room very stuffy with no air con in London in summer. Shower was shocking. Unable to wash my hair due to poor pressure. Would not come back

Room Tip: Avoid this area altogether (Inverness terrace) It is noisy and over priced
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great location nice street very close to Hide Park
two underground station and all the bus lines
the next street has many restaurants shops and cervices like cellular phones

clean rooms
staff polite and helpful

i gave it 4 because there is no air conditioning

Room Tip: if u cant walk up the stairs ask for a building with elevator there are rooms below street level as...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Itai L
Reviewed June 4, 2014

London is expensive and you get what you pay for. Our room on the 4th floor (despite having asked for 1st floor because of climbing stairs with a bad knee) was clean, hot and dry. Hot because the sun was streaming through the window! A blind would have been handy, as it was hard to get the window to stay open. I could, however, have closed the curtains. The bed was adequate and had to be pulled away from the wall so that I could get in and out of it. Very handy to have cooking facilities for breakfast etc. There were some minor defects that we asked to be fixed, i.e. cracked mugs, hardly any lights in bathroom (guests had apparently stolen them!), and these defects were seen to promptly. The maintenance man was very quick and efficient, and appreciative that we'd let the front desk know about them. Mostly a quiet street with the exception of carousing youths at night, and this is hardly the fault of the apartments. A very handy location for Central London, and plenty of restaurants in the area. Close to the underground rail.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

You get what you pay for, so be prepared for a less than luxurious room. On the plus side they are cheap, in a great location, with cooking facilities, and the guy in the office upgraded us for free because the basement we were being put into was smelly, damp, and unsuitable for anyone with asthma. On the minus side, filling a sink with water was tricky (no plug), the shower head was only 5 foot 8 inches high, the TV reception is poor, everything is a bit old, there was an odd smell, the road is very noisy (single glazed windows) and hot water availability was a lottery. We won't be going back, but if it's all you can afford . . .

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Wish I'd checked on here before going! It was appalling, and a total rip off. We collected our key cards and were taken to craven hill in courtesy taxi (more of which later). When we walked in, we were shocked at the standard, and the room STANK of stale cigarettes - I'm a smoker, but found the smell revolting, God help you if you don't smoke! There was no visible sign of any ventilation in the room, the bathroom was very poorly fitted, and the grouting dirty ....I could go on more, but think you get the picture? I rang the office immediately, to be told there was a slightly larger room, but it was £50 more! I couldn't be bothered arguing. The workmanship was of an appallingly low standard, and was being carried out whilst we were there on the rooms above. They started at eight in the morning, throwing equipment around (sounded like they were coming through the ceiling), then started drilling, inside and just outside our window. We would have complained more, but had nowhere to store our luggage the next day, except at their office, and didn't want to incur their wrath! When we rang the office to be picked up, we were told it would cost £10 ...... Rip-off!
The best thing about this place was leaving it ..... Would sooner sleep on the tube! You've been warned.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I booked this apartment because of location and kitchen. I read many comments on website and i was not sure about this place but when i found the room, it made me delighted. The room even better than the picture and the location is perfect, i was happy and want to stay longer. Definately to stay this place again. Just one thing to complaint is a staff came to my room without notice and change the light bulb.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family