I led a group of 50 schoolkids & parents to London for five days in May. We were looking for clean, safe accommodation in a convenient location. The Meininger fit our bill perfectly. We had several 12-bed rooms, which vary in size, so need to be looked at before assigning room. (The girls on our trip got the smaller room, and weren't happy).
The Meininger is only a 5-minute walk from the Gloucester Road tube stop, and can be reached directly from Heathrow Airport. The Natural History Museum is right next door, and Kensington Palace and Gardens are only about 10 minutes walk. The Princess Diana playground is a fantastic place for kids to let off some energy.
Everything was basic, but for our group was fine, since the kids couldn't really ruin anything. Breakfast was OK, the kids ate well everyday. Dinner was a disappointment, and should be avoided if at all possible.
Any teacher looking for group accommodation can't do better than the Meininger. University students wanting a place to party should look elsewhere, since alcohol is not allowed here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MEININGER Hotel is located centrally and even the Queen has visited it. Starting in South Kensington near Hyde Park it's easy to explore this European metropolis. And if you're staying in: there is a large terrace on the first floor for table tennis tournaments. Gorgeous! Lobby, hotel bar and bistro, a gaming area and seminar rooms - MEININGER offers more than just low-cost accommodation. Welcome to London! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meininger City Hotel London
- MEININGER Hotel London Hyde Park England