“cheap accomodation with problems”

and 1 more site!
Chiswick Court Hotel
Ranked #908 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Warsaw
“cheap accomodation with problems”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We spent 6 nights at this hotel. The adventages of staying there are: low price, close to the tube, bus stop near hotel, towels changed every day The disadventages are: very small rooms, tiny bathroom very dirty, cleaning service practically nonexisting, very poor breakfast, only toast and jam, tea or coffee or an orange drink, why not add some cereals??TV not working at all, noise from the street, could't open the bathroom door properly to enter because it is blocked by the wardrobe door, bathroom very old and never cleaned, bed sheets never changed during a 6 day stay while towels changed every day,strange?? very old beds with springs sticking out!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dachowiec

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Not clean, staff not friendly, very small room. Noisy all night. Did not sleep at all.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jelly12345

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Cheshire
Reviewed May 17, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my husband, my sister and brother-in-law. We wanted somewhere convenient to stay for Twickenham and just needed somewhere to put our 'head down for the night'. The fact that we were all relieved to have brought hooded tops with us so we could protect our said heads when we put them down for the night should tell you how bad this hotel was. Our expectations weren't that high - it's cheap, it's in London but we expected somewhere clean and reasonably maintained - this hotel didn't tick either of those boxes. Simply put this hotel is disgusting - funky smell, funky stains everywhere, beds that must be over 20 years old and look dirty. The 'ensuite' is tiny - in mine and my husbands room if you ran the tap in the sink 'water' would come bubbling up from the shower and fill the room with the most rancid smell. In my sister's room the hot water tap had come off and the shower dripped all night. Needless to say we stayed out as long as we could and left at the earliest opportunity in the morning without sampling the breakfast (if the rooms were that disgusting we couldn't bring ourselves to eat anything that had come out of the kitchen). I wouldn't stay at this hotel at any cost - even if the rooms were free.

Lesson learnt - always check reviews of a hotel before booking....I really wish we had.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheAllStarFive
Ireland
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Where to start on this "Hotel".
First impressions were not great as my En-suite room turned out to be about 4ft X 12ft with a 2'6" bed.

The room was filthy to say the least, with an accumulation of dust and dirt in the corners and a worn out and stained carpet. The window sill was black with dirt and water marks and the only working light in the room was a bare bulb (the bedside wall light didn't work)

The shower room was so small that one could sit on the toilet, wash your hair in the sink and wash your feet in the shower all at the same time! You would need to be a contortionest to use it and god help anyone who has impaired movement.

The shower was either a freezing drizzle or a boiling torrent, the fixed head only showered the oposite wall and the mixer came out of two large, ungrouted, holes in the tiles. The water in the wash basin was a mere drizzle and never got hotter than about 20 degrees C. The bathroom extractor fan barely worked from being clogged by filth.

The sheets, at first sight, appeared to be clean, if not the rest of the linen. However, looks can be deceptive and I left with several septic bites on my person and developed a rather nasty rash on my face. Wheather this is from the obvious infestation or from their detergent I don't know. I suspect the former!

The only way to sleep was with the aid of ear plugs due to the snoring from the room next door.

I cannot comment on the "continental" breakfast, which, as far as I can gather, consists of toast and orange juice.
I concluded that, given the standard of cleaning in the public areas, the same care and attention to cleaning was not likely to be lavished on the private kitchen.

Yes, this is budget accomodation. BUT there is budget and budget! The room I was in was £35 per night. Not a great deal of money, but considering I could have had a large, clean and comfortable en-suite room at somewhere like travel lodge or premier inn for about £56, it's put in persective. Which is why I suspect that they insist on full payment for the duration of your stay BEFORE they show you your "room".

This self-styled hotel is at best a rip off and at worst a public health hazard and could not, in any way, shape or form be recomended to anyone.
Not even your worst enemy!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank cj0001
UK
Reviewed March 20, 2009

If you don't want to spend much money and want an ensuite room in a nice location, and aren't going to spend much time in your room, then I would recommend this. If you want something better and can afford to spend more, then I would recommend that you look into other options.

Single room: extremely small,but adequate. Bed was clean and no evidence of any bed bugs. Ensuite - clean and the shower was good.
Breakfast: Basic, but ok.
Location: Good - close to restaurants etc. Short walk from Turnham Green tube station; it felt safe walking back along from there even later at night. It took about 25 mins by tube from the centre of London.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blt100
North-Holland
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I came with 2 other family members and checked in at this hotel. We got a small and old room. It obviously needs repair. The walls are cracked and the bathroom tiles also. The window sill is filthy, The refrigerator is rusty and should be thrown away. But we got lucky and had clean sheets and bathroom and haven`t seen the famous bugs.Continental breakfast is okay but some of the chairs are dilapidated but still being used. We are on a tight budget so I just closed my eyes to what I`m seeing but I did not expect that noises are included in the price. The sound of passing cars, peals of laughters from some guests on the next floor, and not to mention that somebody wanted to save money and decided to do the laundry, spinning on the wahing machine. These is happening at past 12 midnight. The antidote is the friendliness of the staff but that alone can`t keep the guest on coming back , not unless the hotel owner is aiming for one time clients only.You just got what you paid for. I would not recommend it though.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ritzNorth_Holland
hampshire
Reviewed February 19, 2009

stayed there with my teenage son and found the hotel was nothing but a doss house could not use the shower either boiling or freezing water nothing in between, shower &toilet made for very small persons, room not very clean and best of all continental breakfast consisted of dry toast. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family