First looks are deceiving. I do not know how the Lord Milner is a 5 star property, it is a tired 4 star at its best.
Location, location, location- it is located on a beautiful street-lined street in Belgravia, a very short walk from the Victoria Rail Station, Victoria Coach Station and the Tube. It was a pleasure to be so close to everything! In addition, these stations had shops and eateries that were convenient and inexpensive.
We were lucky to get the Graden Suite. As we opened the door, we were impressed! A large four poster bed, a sitting area with a settee, a TV and a large wardrobe with a safe. The bathroom was located in a small hallway, next to the bedroom. It was finished with granite and although it was small, it was beautiful. Next to the bedroom was a large conservatory with a mini kitchen, dining area, wicker sitting area and a second TV. Through the conservatiry doors, there was a enclosed yard with a small table and two chairs. The room is perfect for a longer stay because you feel as if you are living in London, not staying in a hotel. Which brings us to...
The Lord Milner is not a hotel, so no bar, no lounge area, no meeting space. Not sure if it is actually a B & B. It is a townhouse converted to sleeping areas. So if you are looking for a hotel-this is not the place.
1) Waited outside the entrance for five minutes because the intercom/doorbell was not working and there were no other instructions. A person residing in The Lord Milner came by with their key to let us in.
2) The reception area has a representative on staff during stated hours. If you needed assistance they were readily available by phone. However, there were times that we went to the front desk, during hours, and no one was there. We had to call from our room.
3) After being so impressed with our room, on closer inspection, all was not up to par. The water pressure, on our first two days, was low in the shower. By the third day we did not have any hot water. I called the first desk and they said that everything was fine.
4) It rained during our first night, so the conservatory kitchen ceiling was leaking. There were towels placed over the stove and in the area to capture the drips.
5) The bedroom window was ajar, and we could hear voices from the upper levels and a cooking smell. We has to close the window.
6) The wicker furniture had sagged cushions and the dining table had scratches.
7) The most annoying was the weak Internet signal in our room. Although we were able to get online, we had to sit on the floor, in the hallway, close to the entrance to get reception.
Finally, we did not have breakfast because there were less expensive places to eat on our way to the tube. Again, not a hotel, maybe a B & B, a good place to stay due to its convenient location.
Upon checking out they did discount our room due to the lack of hot water and Internet issues. Frankly, we would have rather had the hot water/Internet. We would consider staying there again because of the location, but now I would be aware of the issues and expect to pay less for the room. Think 3-4 stars not 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new boutique bed and breakfast offers discreet elegance and sophistication, situated in the heart of London's central and fashionable Belgravia area. Relax amid rich, individually styled furnishings; stylish marble en suite bathrooms a variety of amenities designed to enhance the convenience and comfort of your stay. Free broadband internet access in every room. The Lord Milner is an ideal base for both business and leisure guests, while many of London's most popular destinations are within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Agoda, HRS and LateRooms so you can book your The Lord Milner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lord Milner Hotel London
- Lord Milner London
- The Lord Milner London, England