“Take the lift ... or your mountaineering kit”
Review of The Lord Milner

The Lord Milner
Ranked #17 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Tries hard to fit into a small space - the stairs are sooooooo steep and the rooms / bathrooms relatively small but fine / clean. Free wifi was useful and worked. Didnt have breakfast so cant comment. Saving grace is location - super for Belgravia / Victoria area and very convenient for bus / train connections.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JMHGlobetrotter

Reviewed January 31, 2013

You don't get much at the Lord Milner besides your room. It looks very unobtrusive from the outside, and it has no amenities to speak of, although you can order breakfast in your room.

But the rooms themselves are splendid. Bigger than you would expect in most London hotels, nicely and comfortably furnished, and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was pretty small but very modern and again very clean indeed. The location is very convenient with Victoria station nearby and plenty of good bars and restaurants in easy reach.

I booked on laterooms and paid 260 pounds for 2 nights. I can safely say it's the best value accommodation I have ever found in London.

Room Tip: Be aware the lift only goes to the third floor. If you are on the 4th you may have to carry your bag...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank John H
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok so it's about a year since my last review of this hotel. During 2012 I say about 4 times. I did look for the deluxe room each time and was impressed with the space, comfort. As stated previously it's a very small hotel but its very homely. The temperature in the room has improved greatly. could have been better.

My last stay was in the garden suite, not by choice but more by availability. It was very spacious, the bedroom and bathroom was extremely warm, the kitchen and sitting area are within a conservatory so unless you leave the heating running all the time they are quite cold, but the daylight and space and openness is worth it.

All in all I remain impressed with this hotel, great for location, comfort and cleanliness. If you are staying for location then I would not hesitate to recommend but get a deluxe room, worth the extra space.

Room Tip: Get a Deluxe Room, worth the money for the space.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CasaMurguia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This only gets one star because no stars was not an option. Firstly it claims it is a hotel when it is a guest house. why it is rated 5 stars I dont know because everything was substandard.

if you want luxury, this isnt it. bedroom - Gold room was tiny, stains on the carpet and missing door knobs. Not the sort of thing you expect from somewhere that claims to be 5 star.

we were staying for our first anniversary, my husband had planned a surprise which not only had they not done in advance (as requested and agreed) but ruined it by telling him they hadnt organised it in front of me thereby preventing any chance of sorting it later.

they didnt apologise, nor try to do anything to solve any of the issues. The fact that other people view this place highly honestly baffles me but if i were you i wouldnt bother trying to see for yourself.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EKBenjamin
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I found this hotel by looking for the best deal at the time of year NYE. It took me a while to find the hotel as it was not what I expected from the outside, it appeared as a London town house. I got to reception and was greeted by a member of staff who showed me my room and gave me a key card, the room was room 3 'The Emperor' room. I was pleasantly surprised to see a 4 poster bed as the website stated not all rooms have one. The rooms decor was great with varying antique items of furniture, at the end of the bed was an old antique trunk and there were original oil paintings on the walls, one of which being Van Dyke from 1700's! There were the usual amenities however a little tight on the tea and coffee as there were only two individual cartons of milk for one and about four sachets of sugar. I could have asked reception for more however I just wanted to relax after a long day at work. I used the shower facilities and again there was just the one shower gel and hair wash considering it was booked for two people at £185 a night. The bathroom was a little small but functional however I was disappointed with the shower as it was like I had a watering can being poured over my head, not enough pressure. The furniture is very tasteful at this hotel and one piece which I specifically liked we're the wooden globe drinks cabinets, I didn't have breakfast as the room was pricey on its own. The location is ideal and only a few minutes walk from Victoria station

Room Tip: The Emperor room, 4 poster bed, tea / coffee making facilities
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScubyG
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Pulling up in my taxi it wasn't necessarily what I had thought I had booked from first glance, this is not the hotels fault but maybe my naivety that bigger hotels were better.. When first looking at this hotel it looks quite small and has a (belgravia) b&b feel to the outside, you definitely wont expect what you get to when you get through the reception area.
The lady on reception was very nice and helpful and showed me to my room - 2nd floor, Lord Milner Room. I wasnt expecting too much, a bed, bathroom the usual. So imagine my delight when I walked into a room with a Four Poster Bed, marble bathroom, flat screen television, Lord Milner portrait (I assume) How cute is this room!!!
We loved it.. when we go back we will always request that room!!

Room Tip: Lord Milner Room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AliJ0nes
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed at the Lord Milner before and found it just as comfortable the second time around. Very easy to walk to from Victoria station which is very convenient. The bathroom is beautiful albeit a little cramped for space, but for the one evenings stay it suited us just fine. One feels at home at the Lord Milner which is very satisfying. When we come back again, we will discuss the different rooms with the receptionist and I am sure we would be able to find another room that is larger without too much extra expense. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends