“Pay more and stay in one of the neighbouring hotels.”

easyHotel London Victoria
Ranked #745 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I know this hotel is EasyHotel and everything, but they seriously made it look a lot better on the website. Apart from the fact the rooms are simply claustrophobic, when we stayed there it was literally 30ºC in our rooms. We knew we were paying for somewhere pretty basic to sleep as we were out all day, but coming to a 30ºC hotel from the 5ºC it was outside was not only bad for our health, but for our general stay. Since the rooms had no windows we couldn't get any air inside, and the door didn't fully open because the little space there was on the floor was taken up by suitcases. So we had to sleep for 3 nights, waking up sweaty in a room with barely any air to breathe.

We asked the management around 3 times a day to turn it down, and received the same replies. "we are working on it." Only after 3 nights was the temperature in the rooms normal again.

The only good thing was the location (2 minute walk from the Victoria station, and 10 minute walk from Buckingham Palace) and the cleanliness of the rooms. But then again, it doesn't really take much effort to clean up a 5 square metre room.

I would never stay here again - there is a street full of hotels and I would rather pay €20 more and stay somewhere with windows and air in the rooms.

I understand that you pay 30 euros and this is what you get, but I don't know why would anyone want to voluntarily stay here.

Room Tip: If you do chose to stay here, invest in a room with a window. The rooms without one are claustrophob...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Victoria B
SohailKhaliq, Social Media Representative at easyHotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
It really wasn’t very pleasant to know you did not enjoy your stay. We apologise for the circumstances you faced. Hotel does have centralized ac/heating system which we control by floor. which we can operate from the front desk. We understand that individual needs are different thats why we always giver alternatives i.e offer room transfer.
Easyhotel is no frill budget hotel which offers basic accommodation on very reasonable prices. On average we charge £45 while hotels on the same road charge £150+ per night and their standard is no-where near easyhotel's.
We appreciate your feedback as we take all the guest comments very seriously because at the end of the day it’s all about you and good customer service.
We are sorry once again for the inconvenience caused and hope you will give us another chance to change your view about easyhotel.

Social Media Representative

Write a ReviewReviews (2,121)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great Value, rooms not too big but ok for us, as we were out all day. The location is great for travelling aroung London. Staff are very friendly and helpfull. Would come back if in the area and recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maxls

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with easyhotel victoria. Guest satisfaction is our ultimate priority and your review is a proof that we have been successful in it. Did you know that you can go for a bigger room by paying little bit extra. But booking it in advance can get you the same room in small rooms's price.

We hope you will pay us another visit soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend chose this hotel as it was great value and centrally located for our 4 day trip to London. We booked a standard room without a window and were very happy.. Yes the rooms aren't huge but it was a perfect size for us as at the end of the day we used it for sleeping being out all day - however the bed was sooo comfy and the room was always warm. Bathroom is small but again it had a large mirror and a shower which is all you need.

The staff were lovely and very helpful and go out their way to look after you. There are extras you can pay for on arrival, we paid £5 to have our luggage kept in a safe room for our last day and decided to pay for the TV remote which cost £15 for 4 days, to us it was worth it as we like TV in the morning and evening. Vending machines and coffee machine also available in reception.

Location is fab, only a short walk from Victoria station and the area itself is quite quiet and safe.

We would use easyhotel Victoria again next time we visit london and would recommend to anyone wanting a good price hotel in a central location

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Becky J

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at easyhotel victoria. Our team is absolutely delighted to know that your stay with us was more than satisfactory.
Looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I' stayed at both South Kensington and Victoria hotels. Both of then are in good location, 5 mins walk from metro stops. Also bus stops near. I suppose Easyhotels are the cheapest hotels close to London downtown. Neighbourhood near Victoria station is ok and rather safe at nights. The good thing, unlike other hotels, is that you know in advace what you get, because Easyhotel website informs and shows exactly the type of room you'll book (how many sqm is, if there is window or not, payed amenities and extras etc.) So, I don't understand bad reviews from travellers judging the sizes of the rooms. They knew from the beginning exactly the type of the room they booked. If someome is in tight budget he pays accordingly. Also a very positive thing is the cleanness of the rooms. Big advantage of course in the proximity to Victoria train station (5 mins walk).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vayio

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing review about easyhotel victoria. Your comments are much appreciated.
Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel 3 times now. The first time being in 2009 & then twice again last year. It is the cheapest hotel you will find in London & Victoria is a great location. Don't bother paying extra for a window because they don't open & you will hear the road noise. A room without a window will do you fine as long as you aren't claustrophobic. These hotels are the most basic you can get. You have your double bed & then the smallest space between your bathroom door. The bathroom is the smallest known to man & whilst you sit on the toilet your feet are in the shower & elbows against the sink. I can't stress how small these rooms are & they do need to be seen to be believed. They are perfect though if you just need somewhere to sleep & in London I doubt anyone will spend any other time in their hotel room.

I definitely recommend EasyHotel. The price alone should tempt you. They are always clean & comfortable enough. You have to pay for extras- even the tv which is a bit of a cheek. The air con seems a bit hit & miss. In August it was lovely & cool but in October it got a bit stuffy & those rooms do warm up quick. They could really do with controls in the room.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for a window as they don't open.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sailor-x-Way
SohailKhaliq, Social Media Representative at easyHotel London Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a loyal guest. There is nothing much to say, you've explained it all. Unfortunately you can not open windows more than couple of inches because of health and safety.
It was lovely to read your review.
Please send us an email before booking next time and lets see if we can something special for you :)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I came from this hotel 4 days ago, and due to different reviews I was very skeptical how it would look like. I was a single traveler, and as prices for single rooms are very high in London, and as I booked only 3 days in advance, this was the only reasonable option for my stay in London. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on accommodation, but now I am sorry I didn't!
I booked the room with a window, and it is small, but I was traveling alone so it was not a big problem. The bathroom was DISGUSTING. It looks like a public toilet, and it had black hairs everywhere ( I am blond, so they were definitely not mine). I hated every time I had to go inside.
The bed was ok, but the sheets were dirty when I arrived, and I asked on the reception to set new ones. The staff was friendly and the really changed them as soon as possible.
I didn't spend a lot of time in the room, I was there for 3 nights. But I will NEVER go to this hotel again, especially if two persons are staying in the room, there is NO space. Taking a shower was a challenge, I'm only glad I brought my own towels, since there were small black hairs on the as well.
My advice, give a little bit more money on accomodation, so you don't ruin yourself your holiday in those disgusting rooms.
And I usually don't write this reviews, but in case of this hotel I really had to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ciko123

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing review about easyhotel. First of all please accept our sincere apology that your recent stay at easyhotel was not satisfactory. There is a system in place, upon cleaning the room housekeeper goes and checks the rooms standards if it is suitable enough to give it to guest or not. However if you find problem in washroom or towels you can always notify our reception who will be more than happy to change your room or look at other available options.
We are sorry for the frustration it caused.
Hopefully you will give us another chance to change your view about easyhotel.
Please send us email at inquiries@victoria.easyhotel.com before booking the room.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Easy specialises in budget products and therefore the room should be taken in the spirit of easy products. For a room in London, there is no doubt that easy rooms are a bargain...you will not find better that £35 per room per night! We stayed in a budget hotel in Victoria a year ago and it was £65 per night and was dirty, small and a fire hazard. Easy Victoria is non of these ...it is clean, compact and reassuringly safe. The staff are pleasant and bed sheets fresh. It is a box with a bathroom and double bed, but perfect for London on a budget for the busy traveller or ideal for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Razzaline

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing review about easyhotel. You are absolutely spot on, We do not charge more than £35 if booked in advance while hotels in the same area charge £100+ per night.
Any plans of visiting london soon please do visit us.