“High quality hotel, excellent staff, perfect location”
Review of Haymarket Hotel

Haymarket Hotel
Ranked #9 of 1,071 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you are a hotel connoisseur this is the place for you in London. Rooms are well appointed, large and luxurious. Ours was a corner room on the 2nd floor with great 'London' views and people spotting opportunities.

The bar is also very pleasant with great table service, especially if they know you're staying there. I would say it is well worth the money, especially compared to some of the better known hotels.

Would stay here any time and keen to stay at other properties in the same chain

Room Tip: Possibly avoid the 3rd (I think its the third, you can see frm outside...) floor becasue the windows...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Haymarket Hotel

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is spectacular! The staff are so helpful, and the man who showed me to my room in the Townhouse was so friendly and made great jokey conversation.
When I got to my room, it was gorgeous. If I could dream up any bedroom to have in the whole world, it would probably be this one. You just sink into the beds, the showers are so relaxing, and the iPod docking system is a nice touch so you can put your own music on. The layout was really well thought out - a girl getting ready for a smart evening out, you can imagine what getting ready can be like!
I stayed at the hotel on business. On the day of arrival, we had a staff meeting in the conservatory area with tea. It was christmas time and the staff kindly offered us mince pies every so often, which was a lovely touch - and went down a treat!
Upon return from my evening event, my colleagues and I, along with our own guests, stayed in the Honesty Bar for drinks and ordered snacks. The atmosphere was perfect, so relaxed. I felt like we were hosting in our own homes, rather than at a hotel, if that makes sense?! No body bothered us and any other hotel guests that joined us were lovely.
I love getting little gifts from the Firmdale hotel after the room is turned down - this time I got a cute little box of chocolates (which lasted all of about 30 seconds). The lavender pillow spray is thoughtful too.
The next day I left my bags there as I was going into town for the day - which becuase of the hotels excellent location, was literally a 2 minute walk away from meeting my friends. When I came back later that day to collect them I just wished I could have just stayed overnight again! I loved everything about my stay and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Not really sure what is was about this place. But for a London city hotel this is a gem: colourful, large superbly furnished and decorated rooms, the odd tv set in the bath tub that kids love, great service, good food, a pool for the kids with a bar alongside it ! I stayed the weekend with my daughter and my girlfriend and we thouroughly enjoyed. Except if we try one of the other hotels in the group, we will come back to the haymarket

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just back form a girlie night out at The Bodyguard staying at the Haymarket Hotel. We had two Junior Suites and the best time ever. Wow - what a fabulous hotel, it is beautifully decorated, the beds are enormous and sooo comfortable, the bathrooms are magnificicent and loads of lovely smelling toileteries, snuggly robes and big soft towels. Took breakfast in the Shooting Gallery as the restruant is being refurbed - and it was delicious. Staff could not be more helpful and are alway smiling! Have stayed here before and will definately be back, love it, love it, love it.

Room Tip: Every room is fabulous - but Junior Suites are definately worth the little extra :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Haymarket has a great location and signature Firmdale rooms which are comfortable and roomy. The staff in the hotel restaurant (Brumus) is excellent. There was a slight problem with the soup I ordered during dinner and they handled the issue very well.

The location is idea and many sites are within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are a regular customer for Firmdale Hotels. Haymarket Hotel is a delightful member of the chain with its nice location near Piccadily and Haymarket. The hotel has a lovely conservatory, a library room and a nice restaurant. We got a Luxury Junior Suite which is spacious, warm and comfortable. The only glitch has been to find out that the hotel pool was closed for a private function -which was one of our reasons to choose it against other hotels. That's a disappointment to find out after we arrive!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FiddlingTravelNotes
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Wow is all I can say to describe the perfect venue, impeccable staff, efficiency, cleanliness, food etc! Attended the most glamorous wedding ever here in December & nothing could be faulted whatsoever! Thank you to all of your staff. I didn't stay but can only imagine further delights!

• Stayed: December 2012