“Great Hotel with average customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #95 of 1,087 Hotels in London
“Great Hotel with average customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have just returned from our weekend trip with my husband. We had a lovely river view room. The facilities were excellent, we loved the separate bath and shower in the bathroom. Room was clean and very well furnished.
Hotel located close to two tube stations which was very convenient.
The only minus we could notice compare to other Hotels was the staff...relatively helpful when asked, but not even once we received an answer for a "Good Morning" or "Helo". While checking out the only thing we were asked for while storing our luggage was : " That's it?", no inquiry whether our trip was good, thank you for your stay, looking forward to seeing you again...what you normally hear in those situations...
There was only one person we really appreciated talking with was front desk agent- Olivia who was checking us into the Hotel, extremely informative and helpful.
However, besides not the best staff experience, the Hotel itself deserves a 5*.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four star review. I am so pleased you were pleased with the facilities of the hotel and am so delighted you were able to enjoy the lovely views from one of our spacious river view deluxe bedrooms.

I believe it was Olimpia who checked you in and she is delighted you were pleased with the service she provided upon your arrival. I am only sorry to hear that you found no other friendly staff from then on. We pride ourselves on how friendly and helpful our staff are as shown in so many compliments from other reviewers, however I can understand the frustration. I have made your comments very clear to all staff for them to consider, as it is so important to us that every guest in our hotel is made to feel welcome whilst staying with us.

I do hope we have the pleasure of inviting you back to the hotel and hope you will contact me directly for any assistance with any future bookings you may wish to book.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a great hotel, just outside of Canary Wharf (10 minute walk). Staff are very friendly and the room was amazing. We booked a Deluxe Double with breakfast & received a complimentary drink. I was pleasantly surprised on arrival as the room was beautiful & there were rose petals scattered on the bed (nice touch!).
Good work - would highly recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

Breakfast was also lovely.

Room Tip: Go for a Deluxe room - its worth that little bit extra.
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us recently in one of our king deluxe rooms. As you say, we do offer fantastic rates for these very spacious rooms, some with a view over the river as well which really do add that wow factor.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you be returning to the area as we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Hi, I haven't yet had my stay at this hotel but booked thfough booking.com as its easy to do, this wS thd hktel thag first sprung being near to the 02 zs stated, undortunately for me the hotel had significantly dropped their prices, and on looking a couple of wedks ago and still to present day, I would save around £71 if I re booked, but me not realising k had booked a booking in whivh hou cannot alter so I contactef both booking .com and radisson blu who were both sticking go their guns and not budging, at onr point radsson blu wefe on the verge of being quite rude making me wait on phone passing me pillar to posg, not great customer service I say, by the way it did not make it clear on booking that this is how it is, k was none the wiser, it certainly has pug a doendr on kur xpdcial up and coming trip, we are off to see the eagles at 02, and foubling jp as a nice treat as I am terminally ill and it is our 30yr anniversary, was thinking about cancelling card but tnst sould have me over a barrel as need card! Thanks for being understanding. Rich hotel group, you shojld value your customers not disregard us,

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our customer service prior to your stay. I am so sorry to hear you have had such difficulties with the service teams over the phone and we apologise you were unaware of the terms & conditions of our booking. Our rates do change on a daily basis therefore all rates however I believe our General Manager has already contacted you directly to discuss the experience with you.

Hopefully you have enjoyed your stay whilst at the hotel - we would be delighted to hear how you felt of the experience when you arrived and I hope you enjoyed the concert at the o2 arena last week.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do feel free to contact me directly via the hotel as I would be delighted to help.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We are returning guests and this was a trip for my husbands birthday. We had a river view room which was lovely and we were treated to the penthouse suite for our meal with a personal butler! It was amazing and such a fantastic surprise! We were given a cake and when we returned to our room there were rose petals on the bed and floor leading to the bathroom. The staff couldn't have done anymore - we cannot wait to return! We both feel very spoilt - it was amazing!! A special thanks goes to Emma for arranging everything and Artemous for being our butler (apologies if I have spelt your name wrong)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your second stay with us and hopefully you will return once again for another special treat.

Emma and Auramis are so pleased you were happy with everything they arranged for your meal in the evening - maybe you could even think about booking the penthouse for your next stay. Emma or myself would be more than happy to hear from you so that we can ensure you enjoy your next stay as much as this one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Spent the day at this brilliant hotel/spa for my daughters hen day & I couldn't be more happy, The staff and to name but a few, Shirin, Susan, Hema, Joanna & Samantha couldn't have made us more relaxed, there were about 15 of us so no easy task but they were just so professional and made us feel so good, Stephen from the bar staff was brilliant and so friendly. After our spa treatments we went to have afternoon tea, it was just so lovely, the staff were so helpful and the tea was gorgeous. I will definitely go back and also recommend it to friends and family. Thank you to all the spa staff and the staff that served us our beautiful tea.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Our customers are paramount to us and I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the staff and service you received at the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed and appreciated the luxury of the East River Spa. Also, it is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your afternoon tea in our Scoff and Banter restaurant. It will give me a great pleasure to share your great feedback with our head chef and his team.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel for your hen do, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.

Best Wishes

Clitheroe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

After much searching this hotel was booked by my friend to celebrate her birthday. We wanted to stay in a 4 star hotel but did not want to pay central London prices. The hotel was about 5 mins from 2 tube stations and then approx 25 mins from Central London. The facilities were overall excellent, the rooms were clean and well furnished, not huge but large enough, I was happy to see a separate shower and bath which I didn't expect. Toiletries were high quality and robes and slippers provided. We used the attached spa and the heated beds were heavenly and if you could. Keep yours eyes open the view of the O2 was fab. There were some lovely extras such as chilled water and fruit at reception.

The staff were very helpful and attentive and customer service excellent. We were asked if it was a special occasion and on our return to our room later in the day was a cake and card provided by the reception staff, very much appreciated.

We had 2 niggles, 1 was the lack of a nespresso machine in the room, there are photos online showing them in the rooms. We did not realise that these were only in the executive rooms, we did not check until after we checked in, we assumed they were standard. The other was one of the spa staff was talking to a gentleman for approx 20 mins in the relaxation room. She was talking in a loud whisper so my thoughts are that she knew she should not have been talking in there. I am sure that as she was talking to a guest it would have been difficult for her to not converse but it did spoil the relaxing atmosphere. These 2 points stopped me from giving 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review you have left for us for others to see. Thank you so much.
It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your Birthday party and we are delighted you chose our hotel for the occasion. I am very happy you enjoyed your experience. Our sincere thanks to you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the service received by the team and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your comments to my colleagues.
With regards to the nesspresso machine they are located in our one bedroom suits however we are happy to provide them to our guest on request if needed. I am sorry and disappointed that you relaxing atmosphere has been spoiled by our staff talking in the quiet area of the spa. Please be aware I shall be following up all of your issue raised with member of staff involved and shall certainly be rectifying these concerns accordingly.

I do hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards
King's Lynn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Booked this hotel as I read that it was the nearest hotel to the O2 London. Unfortunately it is only near if you could swim across the Thames, other than that it is a mile walk from the hotel to the tube station (was sunny so no problem but wouldn't want to do it in the rain) and then jump the tube one stop to the O2. This was fine but didn't fancy taking a tube and then walking after the event had finished so took a black cab. There are hotels that are further away but are closer to a tube station. Having said all that, the hotel was lovely, the room (King Delux) was spotless and beautiful and the bathroom luxurious. Before visiting this hotel I had also booked for a date in July again to visit the O2. If it wasn't for the fact that my room is non refundable, I would probably have looked for another hotel that isn't such a long walk from a tube station.

1 Thank Fran R
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Hotel and for taking the time to write about your visit. Thank you also for your lovely comments about the hotel’s facilities. I am disappointed to hear that our hotel location was not very convenient for you. Just for future reference the closest station to the hotel is East India Station on Docklands Light Railway (which is connected to the underground). That station is within approximately 5-7min walking distance from the hotel. Once you back to stay with us please speak to our friendly concierge team and they will be more then happy to help with maps and directions.

It’s wonderful that you will be returning to stay with us, and I very much hope to meet you then. Do let me know if there are any arrangements I can help you with.

Kind Regards