“Another positive experience!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #147 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Third stay in this wonderful hotel. Quiet location, beautiful clean rooms, excellent service, friendly staff, wonderful breakfast, restaurant with fantastic view of the O2 Arena...all make up for another positive experience. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift very quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve2904
rad_ed_npw, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your third stay as much as your first.

I look forward to greeting you personally at the hotel for your next potential stay and would be delighted to hear from you if there is anything further we can do to add to the experience.

Kind Regards,
Jane Tones
Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was the first time we had stayed at a Radisson but based on this experience we will definitely be back. We (my 16 year old and I) we in London to go to the O2 and so were only at the hotel for one night but the staff could not have been more lovely. They were helpful and friendly (special mention to Ana who checked us in, my daughter very much appreciated you inviting her to make use of the sweet cart in reception :-)
Our twin room was clean and stylish and while not huge it was perfectly fine for us to spend a night (and morning getting ready) without getting under each others feet.
Special mention also to the lovely breakfast staff who made sure we didn't want for anything. The breakfast buffet itself was varied and fresh, the cooked food was hot and seemed to be replenished regularly, including bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, fried potatoes, baked beans etc The continental food included some deliciously moist lemon and poppyseed muffins plus various other pastries, yoghurt, muesli, toast, seeds, smoothies and porridge.
If you are going to the O2 the tube is just round the corner or a taxi costs £16 each way which might sound steep but the tube while directly at the O2 is good for convenience does get incredibly busy at the end of concerts, and every time we have been we've seen just how overwhelmingly busy and difficult to navigate it can be (at night-not so bad if you go to a daytime show as you don't have the worry of missing the last tube as you do at night).
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kitty79

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I hope you enjoyed the show at the o2 and am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Ana is so pleased about her mention and this is a sure motivation for her to continue to provide such a fantastic service. I'm proud to have her as part of my team!

It's great to hear about your pleasure at our breakfast offering and the chefs and waiting staff are delighted they were able to look after.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon - I would welcome you to contact me directly for any enquiries you may have.

Kind Regards,
Jane Tones
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We went as a group of 9 for a birthday treat. We couldn't have felt more welcome (or spoiled!) during the entire stay.

The hotel itself was beautiful and the rooms were particularly luxurious, extremely spacious and comfortable. Everything we could possibly ask for was readily available - from coffee/tea to a sewing kit (used more than we imagined it would be!). The staff were attentive to our every need, particularly Riadh and Jan, who gave us advice regarding where best to go out and how to get there etc.

We then went for afternoon tea - which was situated on the terrace, facing the O2 arena. This was beyond all expectations. The "Alice in Wonderland" theme was evident, from the stopwatches to the teacups, it looked wonderful. There was a large selection of teas and the sandwiches/cakes (that had had to fit out various dietary requirements!) were absolutely divine. My favourite by far were the homemade-like scones, clotted cream and jam (various flavours). Washed down with prosecco, a smoothie and tea (or coffee, in my case), followed by chocolate covered strawberries. Analie was an absolutely amazing and attentive hostess, who was more than happy to go above and beyond her duties to ensure we had a good time.

As it was a birthday trip, the birthday girl also got a cake, which looked (and tasted!) amazing.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff were warm and welcoming and the service provided was exemplary.

I would happily stay here again and will do so the next time I travel to the city!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your lovely review.
It is wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your birthday afternoon tea party and we are delighted you chose our hotel for the occasion. It is great to read our staff assisted in making sure you were comfortable and welcomed during your visit. The team and I take great care in looking after our guests whilst in our hospitality, it is therefore lovely to receive such positive feedback. Riadh, Jan and Analie are particularly thrilled with your fantastic comments.
We are very proud to be able to offer a fantastic “Queen of Hearts” afternoon tea and I am so pleased that you enjoyed it. I have been sure to share your positive feedback with our head chef and his team and thank you for sharing these on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your future bookings.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

There were a lack of affordable, quality hotels that could home a family of four over the Easter weekend. Step forward Radisson Blu New Providence Wharf.

The check-in was friendly and efficient, with the nice touch of a sweet cart for the kids (Easter Weekend only). The room itself (a one bedroom suite) was a event size for London, with a huge bathroom.

The bed was a little small but comfortable. Sofa bed was fine for two small children, but may be a squeeze for two adults.

Breakfast was a little pricey at £20 per head, so we opted for pastries and coffee room the little coffee shop in the residential block adjacent to the hotel. The hustle of Canary Wharf offers many options within a brisk 10 minute walk as an alternative.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the New Providence Wharf hotel.
I am pleased to read such a lovely comments about our staff and family bedrooms. As shown on our website, we have a wide range of room types, from King Superior Bedrooms to One Bedroom Suite that can accommodate family. We love it when families stay with us. We understand that when the kids are happy, the grown-ups can relax and enjoy themselves too. I am very happy to hear your appreciation for our complimentary sweet cart. Just to let you know we have set up the treasure hunt for children to keep our little pirates busy while they stay with us.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu on Fairmont Avenue when we went to the O2 to see Elbow. On arrival we were welcomed and throughout our stay the reception staff were exceptional. They gave us advice, and their local knowledge was excellent. The room was a good size, well equipped and very comfortable. Anything we needed was just a call away but as it happened we had all we needed in the room, including a minibar, tea making, robes and a good size safe.

We were advised about transport with two DLR stations a short walk away, simple interchanges to the Underground, and (thanks for the idea and directions ladies) easy to get to the Emirates Air Line Cable Car to take us to the O2 with excellent views over the area, the Thames, the Thames Barrier and the O2.

A few things to note: The hotel is on the north side of the Thames. If the O2 is why you are staying in this hotel be aware that the O2 is on the South side. If the event is late or you choose to stay late, the Underground does not operate very late. However, staff at the hotel will help regarding how best to get to back. The main choices are to take the tube to Canning Town (Eastbound on the Jubilee which seems to run later for some reason) and then DLR to East India and a short (5 to 10 minutes) walk to the hotel. We did not investigate buses. A taxi HAS to go a rather circuitous route and through the Blackwall Tunnel so be prepared for £15-16. Rather pricey given that as the crow flies it is just across the river but that is not the cabbies fault!

If you don't know the area do contact the hotel for info on transport and if arriving by public transport either Blackwall or East India works well - even with cases!

Any downsides? Only the price of the cabs as we chose that rather than join the queue for the Underground coming back from the O2 (although one of the reception staff who uses the O2 regularly and lives near East India DLR says the crowds thin out very quickly and she always uses the Tube and DLR option to get home after an O2 event). Oh, and the price of whisky in the bar. Still not really too surprising. The snack in the bar was quite good and very reasonably priced.

The major upsides: Great staff, friendly, welcoming and informative, including the house keeping staff who went out of their way to make sure all was to our liking.

Thanks to all at the Radisson Blu for a great stay. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a river view it adds to the value. The area is pretty built up so the nei...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Loedun

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience at the New Providence Wharf hotel. Our customers are paramount to us and I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the staff and service you received at the hotel. I am also happy the hotel location was convenient for you and I would like to thank you for detailed directions to the hotel.

I am also delighted to hear that you will be staying with us again. If you have any special requests for this stay or need any help with any future reservations please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 5 days with my family. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The hotel is ideal for a city break. The staff were very helpful. We were made to feel welcome by everyone.Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian NPW Hotel and for taking the time to write about your visit.

I am delighted to hear that you found our bedrooms to be spacious and well equipped. I am also happy that the hotel location was convenient for you. Additionally thank you for your lovely comments with regards to our staff I will pass them on to our team.

I truly appreciate you nice feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed a couple of times at this hotel, Great front of house team, always very helpful.Good room service with friendly helpful staff. Great for DLR, Excel and Canary Wharfe etc. Well appointed rooms and good facilities for disabled travelers.

Room Tip: Stayed a few times and all the rooms have been great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. It is great to read how great our staff was and we thank you for sharing these kind comments with us. I am also extremely pleased to hear that you found our disable facilities to be good. Indeed, we have 8 Queen Bedrooms with disabled facilities ideal for wheelchair users, hearing impaired and visually impaired guests. The larger bathrooms have showers only, for improved mobility.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, and I very much hope to meet you in the future.