“Weekend break/02 visit”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #147 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 24, 2014

What a lovely hotel. Great staff who greeted us with a smile and remained friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Thanks to all the staff at the reception and bar/restaurant for the best attitude we have ever experienced from hotel staff. Thanks to Emma on reception for the complimentary upgrade to the river view room which was absolutely amazing and much appreciated for our belated wedding anniversary. The bathroom was lush, the bed really comfy and the views stunning. Breakfast was also excellent and enjoyed with views out over the thames and 02. The 02 arena is fairly close, we walked to Canary Whaft (10 mins) and took the jubilee line to the 02, nice and easy. Mojito and other drinks in the bar were excellent, bar is very comfortable and chilled out. Onsite parking nice and easy @ £12.5 per day. We ate at Zizzi a the 02 which was really excellent and we stopped at no.1 Cabbot square (Canary Wharf) for cocktails on the way back which had a relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff and the cocktails were only £6.00 each. Would 100% recommend this hotel and will definitely book again. Thanks Emma, Olga and all the staff for making our trip so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in river view room 629 - fantastic and great views.
2  Thank JanineDD
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. Our whole team prides themselves in ensuring that all of our guests are looked after and cared for from the minute that they enter the hotel. It is always a lovely to see that this has been recognised by our guests and the team are thrilled by your comments regarding their service. I am extremely pleased to hear that you found our breakfast excellent, and that you have enjoyed the views over the Thames.

It was our pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as it's so close to the O2 just 1 stop on the tube or a short taxi ride. The room was great very modern and really stylish the view was also lovely looking partially out over the water you wouldn't even know you were in such a busy city. It was my birthday while I was there and the staff left me a cake in my room such a lovely little touch but it's the little things that make the difference! The bathroom was great with a big power shower and the soaps smelt beautiful! We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I can't comment on that but there are loads of restaurants just a short walk away. We plan to book here again next year we can't wait!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a lovely feedback. I am very happy you enjoyed your experience. Our sincere thanks to you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the service received by the team and it will give me great pleasure to pass on your comments to my colleagues. I am also delighted that the little touches we provide were a success.

I do hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the second time I stay at this hotel and my experience keeps getting better. A very clean hotel with staff who are friendly, knowledgeable and will go out of their way to make you comfortable. Dinner at the restaurant, overlooking the water, was simply fantastic. The short walk from the station makes it very convenient to go anywhere without any hassle.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read such a lovely comments about our hotel. Thank you also for your kind words regarding the service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. I am also happy that hotel location was convenient for you.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a cycling event at the Olympic Park. The hotel staff were excellent in terms of accommodating our bikes - the concierge Jan was polite, efficient and very welcoming. His attitude was excellent, and we have already booked up to stay there again for our next cycle event.
We are in the restaurant overlooking the Thames and the O2. The food was good, although portions were small. Again service was good and the staff pleasant. There is a small bar which was comfortable and had a nice atmosphere.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Canary Wharf, and although it is a little isolated, transport links to the rest of Central London are nearby.
The rooms are good, equipped with everything that you would expect, but it is the customer service that sets this hotel apart.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us. I am extremely pleased to hear that you liked our hotel facilities. I am also heartened by your kind comments regarding great service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. Jan is particularly happy with your kind comments.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Wonderful stay on a business trip last October. From the room, service, concierge, food...everything was very very nice.

If I had one complaint it was when the concierge provided advice on how to spend the one free day I had to visit the sights, he added a boat ride which he should have known we would have had no time to include. We had a total of 5 hours to take the Big Bus Tour and the Boat...enough said.

Room Tip: Get your free shoe shine and take advantage of the Dry Cleaning services. The spa looked wonderful...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to read you found our bedrooms, service, food and concierge to be very nice and we thank you for sharing these lovely comments with us.
I do apologise if you have been given wrong information. I can just assure you that all our staff have the best intention to provide correct information to our guest. I hope you enjoyed your Big Bus Tour.
It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again soon. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We recently stayed in a One Bedroom Suite with our friends who also had a suite. When we arrived only one room was ready so we had to wait for the other to be cleaned. Eventually we could wait no longer so our friends came and got ready in our room.
Emily from reception came to our suite with our friends key, upon inspection of the room it was less than satisfying so Emily did her upmost and moved them unfortunately to another floor.
Emily more than made up for this by giving us all breakfast(2mornings) and a Bottle of Wine and a cab ride to the O2. She really was so kind so Thank you Emily, a credit to the Hotel.
As a result we have booked again for next year.
Brilliant hotel, nice surroundings, great view over the Thames.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a lovely feedback. I am so pleased you found our hotel to be brilliant with great view over the Thames.
However I was disappointed to hear that your friend’s bedroom was less then satisfying. Please accept my sincerely apologise for that, I am pleased that Emily has sorted the matter for you.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We chose this hotel as it was near Canary Wharf and good location for the O2.

We took a train to East India on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR). Exiting the train it took us about 5 mins walk to the hotel. On arrival we were met with cheery smiles and a kind greeting from a concierge and the same again at reception. We had requested an early check in as we were going to be out all day and evening. Our room was ready for us on arrival (10am). We checked into our room (432) which had a view of offices but you could see the O2 and boats going passed on the river. Our room had a superking bed, with lovely furnishings. The bed was so comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. There were extra pillows too if you wanted them. The room has blackout curtains so when morning came you didn't even realise it was daylight. There was a shallow cupboard which looked like a closet, containing an iron and ironing board, hairdryer & bag of cables for computers. There was a tv (which we never really watch when we're away); clock radio and ample lighting.
The bathroom/wet room was lovely with a hanging area for clothes; 2 shaver sockets; handwash, body lotion, shampoo and shower gel in both the bath and the shower, along with conditioner in the shower. There were also plenty of towels and plenty of hangers in the hanging area/closet.

You could have room service or eat in the restaurant. We never ate in the restaurant at all but did drink in the bar. Drinks prices were reasonable, but beware they do add on a service charge without warning you.

There is a spa in the hotel which is free to use but we never used it.

There was building work going on near the hotel, but we never heard a thing. The rooms are well soundproofed and you didn't even hear people in adjoining rooms.

Outside the hotel, to the left there is a boardwalk which overlooks the River Thames and the O2 building. You can sit and watch the boats go passed.

TO GET TO THE O2. Despite what some people say it is EASY to get to the O2. Walk out of the hotel to the right, and walk passed security and turn right in front of the Ibis hotel and follow the path round. The path leads to the East India station. Go up the far set of steps to get on the right platform, and take one stop to Canning Town. Go down the steps/escalator at Canning Town and take the right hand platform and go one stop to North Greenwich (Jubilee Line) for the O2. At North Greenwich go up the escalator/stairs and walk to the exit. The O2 is literally behind you. We timed it and from walking from the hotel, to get to the perimeter of the O2 it took us 15 mins. (Don't get off the train at Blackwall as although it looks closer on the map, its awkward to negotiate the roads).

If you want to walk to Canary Wharf and sample some of the restaurants, its about 20 mins walk from the hotel. If you then want to go to the O2 its one stop from Canary Wharf station to North Greenwich on the Jubilee Line.

Breakfast at the hotel was about £19 at the time of writing so we used to go to the 02 where there are lots of restaurants and have breakfast at Garfunkels for about £5 plus free coffee refills. Lots of choice of restaurants there and you don't have to be going to a concert there to enjoy them. There is a coffee shop almost opposite the hotel which is tiny but does pastries, and also sells essentials like milk etc.

From the O2 you can get a river cruise which takes you up the Thames stopping at places like The Tower of London, The Cutty Sark, London Bridge and more. You can buy single tickets or an all day ticket.

With all of this on the hotel doorstep it makes the hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: You can ask for a River View, but we had room 423 which we were happy with. Although it looked over...

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Hotel and for taking the time to write about your visit. The pictures that you included in your review are lovely, thank you for that.
It is great to read you found our staff very pleasant and we thank you for sharing these very kind comments with us. I am also delighted that you found our bathrooms to be lovely and bed to be comfortable. Additionally I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel facilities and the local area.

Best Wishes