“Great breakfast spread”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #146 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great location - next to the river overlooking Canary Wharf off the A13. I am a frequent guest at this hotel. My last venture was just to have breakfast with my family. At approx £10 per person, it was a great deal and a great spread. I wish I have too tummies. To top it off, service was great and the atmosphere was fantastic

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest.
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased to read such a lovely comments about our hotel.
We’re delighted you and your family have enjoyed their time with us, especially a lovely breakfast at the start of the day.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.
Best Wishes

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I got a decent rate at the hotel as I work in Business Travel so that was a huge plus. I stayed at Hilton Canary Wharf on Christmas Eve and Christmas day and couldn't fault it. I emailed Raidsson before arrival to ask for a river view room but this wasn't acknowledged or allocated.
I also asked if my rate included breakfast and it didn't, I paid £4 more at Hilton per night and it included breakfast and they gave me an upgrade to an Executive Room but they where full on boxing night so this resulted in me moving, Radisson when I arrived seemed empty. Not a lot going on!
The room itself was nice from first glance, but I found it had seen better days as the high gloss surfaces where scratched and marked and the bedside tables had cup rings and scratches as well. The bathroom however, was lovely and did impress!
The public areas are very well maintained and the hotel is just covered in artwork and sculptures. The bar and restaurant area was nice but not that many people around. I also looked at the room service menu and it seemed quite reasonable but if I ordered from it I would not be paying the 12.5% service charge. I find this hugely off putting and the business traveler probably wouldn't pay it either nor would most travel companies permit it being charged to a travelers account.
I'm sure this hotel serves its purpose well and has regular clients who like it but it just didn't have anything that made me go wow, the Hilton did the room was very modern, clean tidy and they also acknowledged all my requests before arrival (room location, pillows etc) staff where excellent and Hilton's rate seemed to offer more value as it included breakfast.
I would consider using this hotel again if I was at a concert at the O2 but Hilton Canary Wharf is actually located at Canary Wharf and there is a bit more happening in that area.

Room Tip: When you check in ask for a river view room otherwise you're looking into someones apartment!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.
I am happy to read that you found the main areas of the hotel well maintained and our restaurant and bar to be nice. However I am disappointed to hear that your request for river room was not acknowledge. Please accept my sincerely apology for that. I am also pleased to read you liked our bathrooms but I apologise for the state of the desk and bedside table in your room. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I have personally spoken to our Maintenance Manager who has is currently looking into this issue. Additionally, I am sorry that you feel that your special traveller rate was not good value for money. I appreciate all your feedback, which we will certainly take into consideration.
If you would like to come back and give our hotel another try please contact me via the hotel and I will personally make sure you are well looked after and that you have the extra special experience.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed here with teenage daughter and her friend as attended concerts at O2 and we were very impressed with the hotel. The staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble, the room lovely and clean and very spacious, the bathroom was stunning and the breakfast was excellent. The bed although comfortable the pillows weren't and the view into offices across the way from our room wasn't ideal but we weren't there to sit in our room and the views when having breakfast made up for this. There was a Christmas party going on but we were told this would finish by 12 midnight and it did and there wasn't any noise afterwards. Wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again, worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view make sure you ask.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at The Radisson Blu Edwardian NPW hotel. Thank you also for your kind words regarding the impressive service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. I am sorry to hear you found our pillows not comfortable. Of course we would have been happy to provide feather pillows had you let us know during your stay. Also, I do apologise for the noise from the Christmas party. We try to keep the noise to minimum during the festive period.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Although I will admit to making a mistake by choosing this hotel instead of other (mostly booked) choices in Canary Wharf, I was nonetheless disappointed by how far this hotel was from my office in Canary Wharf. I am not kidding when I say that a fox ran across the driveway of the hotel one evening when I returned from dinner - it is not in the center of the city. The rooms were modern and clean, albeit a bit spartan and trying a bit hard to be modern, in my view.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian NPW Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you found the location of the hotel to be inconvenient for your business trip. I am also disappointed to hear that the décor of the hotel was not to your liking.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Very clean and wonderful décor. Breakfast was very good and service was excellent. Not much for amenities or things to do close by, but great hotel for a good night sleep and relaxing atmosphere. Would definitely go back on business, but would not bring family.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you also for your lovely comments about our décor and breakfast.
I am disappointed that you feel there is not much things to do or see in the area. The local area has lots to offer - for example there is vibrant Canary Wharf side that is short walking distance from the hotel; the O2 Arena that provides lots of entertainment and the Greenwich that is a world heritage site.
We have lots of families staying with us and there are extremely happy with service and the facilities at the hotel. Therefore I believe you will give us a chance and bring your family to stay with us.
I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some time in the future
Best Regards

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here whilst attending a gig at the O2. Everything about the experience was fantastic. The room was spacious with an excellent en-suite complete with dressing area.The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in in a London hotel. And the food was fabulous.Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your kind review of the Radisson BLu Edwardian NPW Hotel. I am extremely pleased to hear that you found our beds comfortable. I am also happy to read such a lovely comments about our food. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.
Best Wishes

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The SPA in this hotel is heavenly. Had booked a massage with my friends and experienced Bliss. The relaxation area was the highlight. It was my birthday and the staff wowed me with brownies,The staff here make you feel in a different world all together. Polite, friendly, warm and caring. Rare to find such staff in London.

Joanna & Agnes in the SPA were brilliant, wonder what the GM does to keep them motivated. Lovely treatment's, great customer service, brilliance all over.

Must visit place if you around the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your lovely review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel and the East River Spa.
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience including the complimentary treat in the Spa. I was also pleased that you appreciated the level of service delivered by our team. Joanna and Agnes are particularly thrilled with your very kind comments
It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in the future, and I hope you will visit us again soon. In this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly to make the arrangements for you or if there is anything else I can do for you.