“Totally amazing!!!”

Ranked #95 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Totally amazing!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My partner and me came here for my birthday in May! And well what can I say it was in an amazing location beside the Thames! On arrival the staff were so friendly and helpful then once checked into our room that really was amazing the facilities in which this hotel provide is above any other I have seen within the price range! Room service then came up to my room with a card and birthday cake for me totally complimentary! Now if that isn't a hotel going beyond service for its customers I don't know what is :) amazing hotel and we have just booked to return back in November. Cannot wait :D

• Stayed May 2013
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm feedback!

The whole team at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf is proud and happy to read your fantastic words in recognition of our friendly and helpful service.

I was delighted to read all the little touches we provided were a success and that the service you received from my team was so well received.

It’s wonderful that you will be returning in November, and I very much hope to meet you then. Do let me know if there are any arrangements I can help you with.

Olimpia Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful time, my girlfriend and me stayed here in May for the Channel 4 Comedy gala. The location was great and transport in the area was great! We got the cable car down to the o2, which was an experience!

The hotel was clean and the room was fantastic! Everything I have come to expect from Radisson Blu. We took advantage of using the SPA facilities (Steam Room, Sauna, etc.) Which was a nice addition to our little getaway!

Only downside was that I ordered some chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to my room that never happened unfortunately. However no payment was taken for these I don't think so it is not a problem at all.

So overall, great nights stay, in a really nice hotel and would recommend and will be visiting again in the not so distant future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you great review.

You are very kind to have taken the time to write about your stay.
Also, I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel’s location to be so convenient for you.
And indeed it is fantastic experience to use the cable car down to O2.
It is very kind of you to recommend the hotel to other people travelling to London – thank you!

I was, however, very sorry to learn that you have not received ordered strawberries. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused.

Please contact me directly if you are visiting the area again as I would be delighted to ensure you are well looked after on your return trip. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stay in hotels for 150+ nights a year and over the last few years, my favorite business hotel to use regularly is Radisson New Providence Wharf. Conceige, Front Desk and Servicing of your room are exemplory, free couresy shuttle to Canary Wharf (or walk - it's only 10 mins), various standards of eating near by, plus a gym/spa facilities to relax in. The staff are who make the big difference, a fantastic hotel!

Room Tip: River view - makes you feel like a millionaire
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The family room is very spacious and has a massive bathroom. Staff are extremely friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was superb and staff were very attentive particularly towards children.

The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Blackwall DLR and before you know it you are in the City. Thoroughly recommended, we will be returning.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you were in London and thank you for your review.
I’m pleased to read such a lovely comments about our staff and location. As shown on our website, we have a wide range of room types, from King Superior Bedrooms to One Bedroom Suites that can accommodate family. We love it when families stay with us.
We understand that when the kids are happy, the grown-ups can relax and enjoy themselves too.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back on future occasions and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

UK
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant room (suite) ... Excellent service.... Superb breakfast. Blackwall DLR is a ten minute walk away... Couple of restaraunts in the area and a McDonald's. Don't go hear for the local nightlife.... But... If you're staying local or using a cab then no problem. We'll be back...

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
rad_ed_npw, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to read such a lovely comments about our bedrooms. Thank you also for your kind words regarding the excellent service that you experienced throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I knew we'd have a lovely stay here as the views looked spectacular and I wasn't disappointed. Pictures on website don't really do it justice. We had a fabulous room and a bath overlooking the Thames and O2 Arena. Bed was supremely comfortable and lots of nice touches in the room and well stocked mini-bar. Staff were very friendly but they should give more information about getting to and from the hotel. Their directions to the DLR weren't very good and didn't mention the Thames Clipper which we found to be really speedy although we had to get it from Canary Wharf it was worth it. Shops in Canary Wharf all really just opening up from early next year, at the moment just really catering for business people. We also used the spa whilst in the hotel and the staff were really friendly and welcoming. We were visiting the 02 and the only thing slightly wrong was the building work going on nearby with hoardings up, some of which excluded views of the DLR and made it confusing but it's really only a niggle and should be finished very quickly. It's not cheap at the Radisson but you won't be disappointed and great value for money. Special mention to hotel affiliated taxi driver who went out of his way to see that we got to the right place.

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read your compliments about so many aspects of our hotel. The team always work exceptionally hard to ensure every guest has a wonderful stay and I'm pleased that you were happy with our service.
Also, thank you for your feedback regarding the directions to the O2. I have personally spoken to our team to make sure that correct directions are given to our guest and that the Thames Clipper is recommended more in the future. With regards to the location, whilst there is work going on next to us, this has not so far affected our guests as there are strict guidelines on their working hours. I do apologise if that affected your stay in anyways.

My sincere thanks for taking the time to write this review, we look forward to welcoming you back on your return to London.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked a room at the Radisson as a surprise for my partner who needed a pick me up. We were traveling by public transport and was wrongly advised by a station attendant to go to Canary Wharf as oppose to Blackwall DLR. We ended up walking over 2 miles before we got to the hotel.

When we arrived I was confused and anxious as I saw blocks of apartment buildings and construction work taking place. However when we finally made our way into the hotel I was blown away. It is very modern and slickly decorated. It had an apartment complex feel as oppose to a hotel.

We were checked in by an amazing member of staff called Mounir. He was pleasant, warm and very knowledgeable. I asked for an upgrade for the room to a junior suite, which he did at a very reasonable rate. I asked about getting to the O2 and the Emirates cable car experience. Not only did Mounir provide me with a lot of information, he also gave me some literature as well. He apologised for not having any rooms with a view of the river, which was understandable due to the late booking.

Our room was gorgeous. Absolutely stunning! It did have a business feel in that there was a desk in the living area , however I can imagine there are a lot of business guests that stay in the area due to its proximity to Canary Wharf (*when you get the DLR and not walk around aimlessly :) The bed and the decor was fabulous. The bathroom was simply gorgeous ( You can tell I was impressed right). The view however was terrible..lol.. it was of offices...but hey ho, you cant have it all.

We decided to use the spa before going to the O2. Sadly it did not maintain the standards set by the hotel. It was very small which is fine. But the smell of pee, rotten apple core and empty plastic cups in the spa area was actually disgusting. There were three showers providing different types of experiences, but they didn't all work. It was so bad we stayed in the spa for less than 20 minutes. The relaxation room was nice, with a gorgeous view but we didnt stay there long. On our way out we told the person in charge of the spa about the smell and rotting food and she was very apologetic. She said she has put something in there to combat the smell. But by then we were too disgusted to go back.

Breakfast was lovely. My boyfriend went down to get something for us to eat in the room. He came back and was told that somebody would be bringing it up instead of him having to lug it up himself.

We were having such a good time we asked to have our check out time extended. Calling reception to request this took an unusually long time. I was on hold for more than 6 or so minutes. I tried calling reception again as I had another question and was left waiting even longer.

On checking out I was actually sad to go! Mounir again checked us out and was very helpful. I would definitely stay here again, hopefully Ill be quick enough to get a view of the river.

I was wondering whether to mark the hotel down due to the terrible experience with the spa,but decided against it. The excellent customer service of Mounir and the amazing room negated the awful spa experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
EmmaJayneAdams, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your five star review. Mounir is overwhelmed by the complimentary feedback.

I am sorry to see you found it difficult to find the hotel - we are currently looking at options to make the signage to the hotel a little better however this is a work in progress.

I would also like to further extend my apologies regarding the spa - the spa manager is aware and we are currently in the process taking steps to prevent this from ever happening so hopefully if you do come back, we will be able to 'wow' you with the improvements.

Kind Regards,