“Excellent place to celebrate my 40th birthday”

Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #87 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Portreath, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to celebrate my 40th birthday”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I booked the hotel via hotels.com and got a fantastic deal on a King Suite. The deal was room only, so I cant comment on breakfast. What I will say from the moment we checked in, the service was superb, fast & very efficient.
I was celebrating my 40th birthday, and must have mentioned this when I contacted the hotel about our reservation. To our complete surprise Emma the customer relations manager had a arranged a birthday cake.
The suite was excellent, spacious and had every we needed for our stay.
We had an amazing time - so thank you to everyone !! I shall return again in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the O2. Great view of the thames.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
EmmaJayneAdams, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review regarding your recent stay at the New Providence wharf hotel. Im so happy you had such a great stay and I hope you had a fanatastic 40th birthday!!

I am so pleased to hear that from the moment you checked in you found our service to be superb, fast and very effcient. It was my pleasure to organise your birthday cake and I hope you enjoyed had a great time in London. I am so glad that you were happy with your room and I am delighted that you would like to return to us.

If you do need any help with future reservations or any special requests please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help you.

Mant thanks again,

Emma Adams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've stayed here twice in August, both for two nights.

I would say the few things this hotel has going for it is the rate, it's good value for a high class Radisson. The rooms on both occasions were clean with good amenities, included free wifi*, and breakfast.

*The wifi may be free but the speed is horrid, you are routed via proxy in Los Angles which may explain why accessing any UK based site is poor as it's traversing the atlantic four times.

It's a shame that the terrace is being renovated as it has amazing view of the Thames.

My beef with this place is that it is soulless, and believe me I've stayed in some bland hotels around the globe. it's in a bizarre location, not quite near anything useful. It's walkable to Cannery Wharf if you know the way. (on a different note whoever laid our the roads around East India / Blackwall was clearly having a laugh) Views from the rooms are odd, unless you are really lucky to get a river view, you either have a view of an Office, a big glass fish bowl of an apartment block, or the extractor stack for the Blackwall tunnel.

So in summery it's a good hotel, lacking something, in a slightly odd location.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are good, if you're facing the river.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny S
EmmaJayneAdams, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stays with us at the New Providence Wharf hotel. Thank you very much for staying with us for a second time and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

I am so pleased that you were happy with your rate and that you found your room on both occasions to be clean with good amenities.

I was very dissapointed to read that you had problems with our wifi as we get very little complaints about the speed. If you are having any problems with the wifi please contact reception as there may be a problem with our connection and we can give you the code to our High Speed internet.

Our Restaurant terrace is being extended and renovated at the moment and is due to be finished by the end of this month and you will again be able to take in the amazing views of the river. My apologies that it was not available to you on your recent stay.

My Apologies that you did not find the location of our hotel to your liking. Many people find it a great location for visiting the O2 arena. Canary Wharf and its shops and restaurants being only a 10 minute walk away or we provide a complimentary shuttle service on week days to Canary Wharf. Central london is 20-25 minutes away via public transport and Westfield shopping centre in stratford only 3 stops away on the DLR. There are Boat trips and bus tours that our concierge and reception team can help you organise if you were to stay with us again, please ask and we will be more than happy to help you.

With regards to our hotel being souless I am very sorry to hear that you feel that way and I would be very grateful if you had any suggestions as to how we could improve this as we always would like to improve and go the extra mile for our guests.

Please could you contact me via the hotel so we can discuss these issues further and I can make sure that your next stay with us is a very enjoyable one.

Portsmouth
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I booked this hotel as I was on business in London for a couple of days and wanted to be close to the city.

I must admit it surpassed my expectations of a London hotel as the staff at reception were friendly and helpful,the food and service in the hotel restaurant were faultless and the room was spotless,modern and offered all the facilities you need on a business trip.

Next time I have to stay up in the city I will definitely be booking this first class hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dean S
EmmaJayneAdams, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review regarding your recent stay with us here at the New Providence Wharf hotel. I am so pleased you had such a great stay with us and that we surpassed your expectations for a London hotel.

I am delighted to hear that our reception staff were so friendly and helpful to you and that you found the food and service in our restaurant to be faultless. I am so pleased that you were happy with your room and that you described it as modern and spotless with everything you need on a business trip, I am pleased we accomodated all your needs.

I am so happy that you would like to stay with us again and if you need any help with reservations for this visit or any special requests please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Booked in advance and secured an excellent rate.

Everything you would expect from a good hotel. Staff were all nice and helpful, the bar had a great selection of food and drinks and the room was air conditioned and I had a fantastic nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review regarding your recent stay with us here at the New Providence Wharf hotel.

I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and that you felt you got an excellent rate. I am so pleased that you found all our staff to be nice and helpful and that our bar had a great selection of food and drinks. I am so glad that you appreciated the conditioning in your room and that you had a great nights sleep.

If you are planning to stay with us again in the future and need any help with reservations please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights to visit Ravensbourne University which is near the O2. We liked the lobby lights and decor and the cocktail bar. Rooms nice, clean and modern. The appartment complex next door is so close with no curtains. So we could observe the resident living there like a fish bowl not that we wanted to. Quite far from central London and we miss timed our return by tube and missed our flight. Make sure to leave early if you take tube to heathrow.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Malar M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four star review regarding your recent stay with us here at the New Providence Wharf hotel.

I am pleased that you liked the decor of the hotel and that you found your room to be clean and modern. My apologies that the location of your room was disatisfactory and If you could please contact me via the hotel and I will put a note on your profile so you will be allocated a room on the opposite side of the hotel on your next visit.

Im so sorry that you missed your flight and our reception and concierge team are available 24/7 so for the future if you need any help with travel arrangements wether it be around the local area or to the airport we will be more than happy to help you arrange this.

If you are planning any trips to the area in the future and need any help with reservations or any special requests please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help.

Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Arrived at the hotel with my daughter and the two check in staff where busy dealing with customers. We waited for several minutes and where joined in the queue by a couple. The male of the couple went and sat down and left his partner to wait. After several more minutes one of the desks came free. As I was first in the queue I began to approach the desk and the male behind the desk totally ignored me and indicated to the young lady to approach. Out of sheer embarrassment I withdrew and allowed the female to continue. By now I was angry and a lady came out who was the guest relations manager. She took us to a room and I told her what had gone on. I was assured that she would address this with the male, however i received no feed back.
The rooms here a decent and clean however the episode at check in left a bad taste. If it had been the other way around and a female was ignored and embarrassed the way I was then in this PC world we live in all hell would have broke loose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at the New Providence Wharf hotel. It was lovely to meet both you and your daughter and I hope you had a great night at the O2 on the last date of the tour.

My sincere apologies for the experience you had whilst checking in. I can assure you this is not how we would like any of our guests to be made to feel. I did chase the matter up with my colleague my apologies if you felt that my follow up was disatisfactory.

I would really like for you to contact me directly via the hotel so we can discuss the matter further. I am pleased that you liked your room I am just sorry that your experience at check in effected your overall experience with us.

If you would like to give the hotel another try please contact me and I will make sure you are very well looked after on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had such a lovely time. The view from the room was fabulous - looking out over the O2, a 'wow' moment.

Excellent organisation by the staff beforehand, and those serving us on the day were very welcoming an attentive. The scones were lovely, too, and plenty to drink.

I'd definitely recommend this to others as a special treat. For us, it was perfect for a pre-wedding celebration.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CharlotteBir
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your five star review regarding your recent visit to the New Providence Wharf hotel. I am delighted you had such a great Afternoon Tea experience with us.

I am so pleased that you were 'wowed' by the views from the River Room. I am so pleased that you felt the organisation from the staff was great even before arrival and that the staff who served you were very welcoming and attentive to your needs. I will pass your kind comments on to our operations team. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the scones and that there was plenty of drinks being served.

I hope you enjoyed your special pre wedding treat and I wish you the best of luck with your wedding and a lifetime of happiness for you and your partner.

We hope you will come back to visit us soon. If you would like help with reservations or any special requests please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help you.