Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #96 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Coldstream, United Kingdom
“VERY GOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Lovely hotel and location - staff very helpful and hotel immaculate. lovely views to 02. Only critique would be we stayed for the Who concert and was not well located for the 02....is however well located for city airport - £10 in a cab.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kel77
EmmaJayneAdams, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your four star review. I am sorry you felt we were not well located for the 02 arena as we are only two stops on the tube or £16 in a taxi. This journey usually takes approximately twenty minutes.

We are also now offering a special river cruise package on our website which includes your journey to the 02 arena as well as deluxe accommodation and breakfast. If you would like any further information about this, I would be more than happy to hear from you directly. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights for a birthday treat, and I can honestly say that it is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The hotel itself is clean and beautiful. Staff go out of their way to ensure you are comfortable and have everything you need. Rooms are lovely, and it is in the very nice area of Canary Wharf. I visited the spa for a massage and it was very professional and relaxing. Everyone makes you feel at ease. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a luxury break.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
EmmaJayneAdams, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for five star review regarding your recent stay at the New Providence Wharf hotel.

Thank you very much for your kind feedback I am so glad you had such a great stay with us and I am so pleased to hear that our hotel is one of the best hotels you have stayed in!

I am so pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and beautiful and that our staff welcomed you so well. I am glad you took the opportunity to use the spa and found it proffessional and relaxing and I hope overall you had a brilliant birthday!

If you are planning any trips to the area in the future and you need any help with reservations or any special requests please contact me via the hotel and I will be more than happy to help you.

Many thanks again,

Emma Adams
hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel as it was our son's 4th birthday and he wanted to go to the moon (as you do!) and we thought the Planetarium would be the next best thing.
We pulled up in our little Citroen, coverered in sea gull poo and the inside sticky from food and chocolaty wet wipes. The 13 plate mercs and range rovers put us in our place and our son lept out in his Captain America costume, followed by our daughter pulling along her Percy Pig case and her blanket... maybe this wouldn't be an ideal place for us. But oh no, Richard the concierge was wonderful - chatting to our son and he took the car away without questioning his Tetanus booster and the reception staff were very welcoming and friendly.
Our room was wonderful and as you'd expect from a family room. We had a lovely comfortable night and were not disappointed at all. Watching tele in the bath was pretty awesome!
The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were very friendly. There was a huge choice and it was all tasty.
What we wil remember most from this trip is Richard, Emma and Heathers warmth and kindness. Our son still talks about Richard now!

Room Tip: Blackwall DLR is closest! we did not know this!!!! Room 425 is awesome
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

This review speaks for itself. I am absolutely delighted to read the compliments you give us from your five star review. I am so pleased you all enjoyed your stay and would therefore be delighted to hear when you are coming back to us in the future. If I can be of any assistance with a future reservation, please ensure to get in touch with me via the hotel and I will be happy to help.

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked this hotel as many others because we were going to a concert at the O2 and its close proximity to the venue (if you don't mind walking through a very lonely subway (not recommended at night for females!!) to the DLR station 2 stops and then catching the tube 1 stop! I knew this though so it wasn't a problem. Check in at the Hotel was perfunctory and not very wecoming. We took the lift (very similar to the lift at the hospital that I work at-basic!) to our 'deluxe' room which had a deluxe bathroom very nice except that you have to hang your clothes in there!? So apart from the clothes getting steamed up I had to wait to get my clothes whilst he was using the loo! Room again perfunctory but not deluxe and our view into the apartments opposite was very entertaining! I feel that weve made friends for life with the people who live there! (It was quite close) 2 bottles of complimentary water is not exactly my idea of luxury especially as 1 of them had the seal broken on it!
I had booked treatments for my husband in the Spa for his birthday and I have to say that the staff there were lovely and I even got a tour myself even though I didn't have any treatments booked. So full marks to them EXCEPT the night before we arrived I got a phonecall saying that they couldn't do the 2hour treatments that I had booked as they were too busy so we he had to cut it down to 1 1/2 hour treatments instead. So not ideal.
To sum up - Perfunctory hotel staff polite but not particularly welcoming. More happy smiley faces would make such a difference and for what you get for the cost of the Deluxe room with no view at this hotel I would probably stay at the Travelodge in East India Docks as you get much the same treatment for £79.00. Ask for a River view room when you book (not sure if its more expensive but it would make a big difference I'm sure). ..

Room Tip: Definately ask for a Riverview room. I didn't and it would have made a big difference I'm su...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry you did not feel the staff or facilities were what you expected.

We do indeed have rooms overlooking the river - these are the river view deluxe bedrooms and the penthouse suite. To get an idea of what these look like, I would recommend a browse of the photos taken by other guests from their reviews but there is also more information on our website.

I would like the opportunity to make up for the shortfalls that have occurred on your first visit as we would never want anybody to feel disappointed when leaving the hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel so that I can ensure your next stay goes 100% to plan. I can promise you we really are here to help!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a suite for 3 nights. Great size room.

In particular the bathroom was amazing - beautiful, huge and looked brand new.

The lounge was very stylish and modern.

TVs didn't have a good picture unfortunately. The hairdrier was wired into the wardrobe which was awkward as far from a mirror.

Restaurant was adequate - more style than substance though.

Had the impression the hotel suffers from dishonest guests as the Bosse sound system was glued down and there was a price list that included everything in the room which I expect was a big "don't steal it" warning. Rather tacky I thought.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As you say, the one bedroom suites offer a great space to relax in with the living/dining room connected to the bedroom and huge bathroom.

I apologise for the televisions in the room - I do hope you had a chance to mention this to one of the staff so our maintenance team could check for any issues. With regards to the restaurant, if you would like to discuss this further, please do feel free to contact me however I will pass your comments to the restaurant manager.

Summit, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent 5 nights here for a business trip. The hotel is within a number of residential apartments, with little else, so not a great location if you like to get out and have things available outside the hotel. Other then the location the hotel is nice, service is what it needs to be, having nothing over the top, but there when needed. Rooms were clean and maintained. The breakfast buffet was good and had a good selection. I did not like the beds, as it was a foam topper. I actually sleep on one at home, but the problem was that the one in my room was too soft as it was the open foam, not memory foam type. This led to a bit of a stiff back in the mornings. On my next visit, I'll have to ask if rooms w/o this are available. Pillows were also pretty average, as another reviewer has written about, but wasn't enough for me to ask for different ones.

All in for business in Canary Wharf it is a good choice, I would not recommend it for a stay to see London as it's too far away from every thing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your review of the New Providence Wharf Hotel. Next time you are here, please do ensure to let us know your preferences for pillows and mattress as we do have others available so can easily have this problem remedied for you.

With regards to the location, I am disappointed to see you felt there is little to do in the area. Next time you are with us, please feel free to speak to a member of the concierge team (available 24 hours a day) to get some advice on things to do as there is a lot going on in East London these days.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and once again, thank you for your comments.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a great hotel if you are going to the O2 - an easy trip on the tube and a short walk back to comfort. We had a very friendly welcome from Heather who then phoned us to check the room was ok, and the concierge who prompted us to take brollies to avoid a soaking on our way home was charming! The bar was a bit packed on Friday night and unfortunately the manners of some of the other guests were not as good as the service from the waitress!
Quick tip - dont bother paying the £4.50 fare to get to Canary Wharf as it's only a few minutes walk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your five star review of the hotel and I know Heather will really appreciate you mentioning her.

I would like to apologise for any problems another customer caused in the restaurant however am glad this did not affect your view of the facilities or service from our staff.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you be visiting the area again as I would be delighted to ensure you are once again well looked after.