Very impressive hotel with friendly staff. We arrived an hour before the advertised check in time (3 pm) hoping that our suite would be ready but were told that it would be at least another 2 hours before we could check in. However we could leave our luggage at reception, and the valet parking sorted out our car. When we returned at 4pm they initally couldn't find a suite for us and asked if we would mind having a different type of room, but as we had booked a suite for my husband and I and our 2 children I said that wasn't acceptable. After a while they found us a suite. We were impressed with the suite ( a bedroom, lounge with sofa bed and bathroom), however the sofa bed hadn't been made up and there were only sufficient towels, mugs and glasses for 2 persons. I rang reception and they said that everything would be sorted in the next hour. An hour and a half later it still hadn't been done so had to speak to reception again - it was eventually done. We had also discovered that the movie package which was part of the deal was not working - again spoke to reception, but it still didn't work.
On our second day I asked again about the movie package and was told that it needed to be activated which they then did.
The beds were really comfortable, especially the sofa bed. The bathroom was the best we have seen, really big with a bath, separate rain shower and TV. The toiletries were in pump containers next to the shower, bath and basin which were really convenient. The only comment I would make about the suite was that there was only 2 electric sockets which was difficult when charging phones, cameras, ipods etc after a day out and also when using the kettle and coffee maker. The other sockets which were used for the table lamps all had round pins (which I had not seen before in british hotels)
The breakfast was superb, good selection and good quality. It was disappointing that after the room had been cleaned on our second day that we only had 2 mugs and glasses left for us, so had to ring and ask for extras again!
At check out I menitoned that we only had one day's use of the movie package instead of 2 days so they refunded one night's car parking for us, which I was happy with. The car parking charge (£12.50 per night) is very reasonable when compared to other London hotels.
The immediate area around the hotel is lovely but the location of the hotel is not really convenient for tourists as we found it a bit of a trek to the DLR station in order to get anywhere, and as mentioned in other reviews it is more suited for business travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel with a relaxed, boutique atmosphere. Guests enjoy free high-speed WiFi on unlimited devices, spacious rooms & tranquil spa. Riverside restaurant Scoff & Banter offers stunning views across the Thames & serves modern British cuisine, cocktails & afternoon tea using the best locally sourced, seasonal produce. A short walk from Canary Wharf & City Business District with great transport connections to the O2 Arena, ExCel Centre & London City Airport. 8 meeting rooms host 2-250 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel London
- Radisson Hotel London
- Radisson London
- London Radisson
- Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel London, England