“Professional and Modern”

Ranked #95 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Professional and Modern”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hotel suitable from a location point of view if you are working in Canary Wharf, otherwise it's miles from anywhere in London. Check in was professional and we got early access to our rooms with no extra charge.Bedroom was modern and extremely comfortable, but was surrounded by big buildings, so no major views. Bedroom was well appointed with ironing board and iron and the breakfast was first class. Free shuttle to Canary Wharf in the morning takes the hassle out of getting to the office.

Room Tip: High up and facing O2
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently.

I am pleased to see you were happy with the location for your visit to Canary Wharf. I will pass your compliments onto our kitchen team for the breakfast offered during your stay.

For future reference if you wish a fantastic view from your bedroom, we do offer a limited amount of river view deluxe bedrooms offering extra space as well as the view across towards the 02 arena. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you would like further details as I would be delighted to assist you with a future reservation.

Jane Tones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sussex, England
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I only stayed for one night and found it really pleasant. A good check in experience and a 7th floor corner room with pleasant city views and lots of space. Breakfast was great, a wide choice and spacious restaurant; my only criticism was that the temperature wa rather cool ther on a cold early morning. There is also a free shuttle service to Canary Wharf which I didn't use, as the easy 15 minute walk was quite pleasant on a dry morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay at the New Providence Wharf Hotel. As you say, the king deluxe bedrooms certainly offer extra luxury with a larger space to relax in as well as complimentary bathrobes and slippers included.

I apologise you found the room cool in the morning - all the bedrooms have separate heating units controlled manually in the bedroom itself so I am sorry if there was any problem with this. I will ensure our maintenance team checks again all of the deluxe bedrooms to ensure no future problems.

If you are returning to the hotel, please do ensure to contact me via the hotel as I would be delighted to greet you on your return visit.

Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Husband and I needed a short break away from things, after a traumatic few months, and so scoured the 'net until we settled on the Radisson. It was perfect!

The hotel location is easy to get to, very short walk to the nearest tube [East India DLR station]. The reception area is calm and peaceful, smells lovely (from the spa?) and quite stunning. We were greeted by Abi who was very friendly and helpful. She gave us a £15 voucher to use at the bar (which we subsequenty used in the restaurant!), and a free movie rental. She assured us the room was beautiful - and she was right!

We had a room on the 6th floor - I had followed earlier TripAdvisor tips to request a room on a high floor, with a good river view. We were not disappointed. The view was spectacular, and transformed as night fell. Our room was HUGE! With a HUGE bed (plenty of room to sleep starfish stylee next to my husband!).

The bathroom was also pretty impressive, especially the bath-with-a-view! A lovely deep well of a tub, which looked out onto the Thames and O2. As night fell and we prepared to go for dinner we could not resist a long deep soak - husband promptly filled the bath with bubbles and we languished in the tub watching the river traffic! Wow!

Despite proximity to a busy road we heard no noise. It was very peaceful, and watching boats pootle up and down the Thames was very relaxing. From our room we could see the Emirates cable car stretching from North Greenwich across to the Royal docks. We could also see planes taking off (overhead - but quietly?!) and the lights that flickered on them.

The amenities in the room were good - tea/coffee facilities, Bang & Olufsen tv, Bose stereo, Sony docking station/clock radio...

We flip-flopped around the room wearing the super fluffy bath robes and slippers (a la Miranda?!), and turned up the air con for a near-Caribbean climate!

We dined in the restaurant, and my mouth waters again now at the memory of the food - absolutely gorgeous! With a toddler in tow at home we don't get to eat in peace very often, so this was bliss. My medium rare steak almost melted in my mouth, the chips were both crispy and fluffy, and the sauces very juicy. Pudding followed - rhubarb cream brulee (mmmmmm!). all washed down with a chilled bottle of Prosecco. It was a meal I would eat again and again. Staff were very friendly, and I felt thoroughly spoiled!

We came down for breakfast in the morning and once again were pleased - buffet style, so much choice! I'm not sure they missed anything...

We did not have time to make use of the spa facilities, but we went to investigate for possible future visits. Daniel was happy to show us round, and left us basking in the sun on the warmed relaxation beds, overlooking the Thames.

The only minus points from our stay - the heated towel rail in the bathroom did not work. We queried this - an engineer popped in and advised us to leave a room card in the door control panel, the rail would warm later. It did not. The air con warmed the room sufficiently, but I would have liked a warm fluffy towel! Also, the wifi was free but had a few connection issues - needed to log back in a couple of times.

Minor niggles that in no way spoiled our stay - I can't wait to convince Granny and Pappy to take our son for a weekend so we can go back! Pure luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe River Room on a high floor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed compliments regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear Abi and Daniel in particular made you feel welcome whilst you were staying with us. I do hope you will be planning your next trip to the hotel very soon.

If you did wish to come as a family, we do in fact offer larger rooms that can sleep up to four people. They have a larger bathroom with a separate living/dining area that is transformed into the second bedroom when required.

Please do feel free to contact me directly me via the hotel if you wish any assistance with a future reservation. I would highly recommend making use of the spa facilities and treatments on your next visit.

Northampton
Reviewed February 2, 2013

So i have stayed in a few hotels for the o2 Arena and this is by far the best... Upgraded to a river view room with bath overlooking the Thames. Room was large, airy and modern. No controller for the bang and olufsen TV but reception quick to offer a replacement. Mini Bar had a great choice...

Simple to get to North Greenwich via DLR and Tube.

Would highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SamG_10
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for your trip to the 02 arena. I hope you enjoyed the event you were here to see!

Good choice on the river view deluxe bedroom - certainly a must for any special occasion or leisure trips simply for the view across the river as well as the extra space and luxury offered. I am happy to see that, despite the problem with the television remote, this was fixed promptly by our maintenance team. I will pass on your compliments to them.

Please do let me know if you any future trips to the area as we would be delighted to host you once again and ensure you are well looked after.

UK
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel again for another event at The O2, and like last time, it was wonderful!

The staff were as lovely, polite and willing to help as last time.

Stayed for breakfast this time and it was wonderful! A massive selection to choose from- the fruit smoothie was especially nice!

Would definitely come back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emma B
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear from one of our returning customers and I am pleased to see you were also well looked after for a second time. Please do ensure to contact me directly in order for me to arrange a third visit.

I hope you enjoyed the event you were here for at the 02 arena and am pleased to see you are impressed with the location of the hotel for getting to the 02.

As you say, the breakfast is certainly worth staying for. I will pass your compliments onto the restaurant staff and the kitchen team - they will be delighted to hear you enjoyed the offerings. We have recently won a gold award for our breakfast so I am pleased to see you were impressed.

Essex
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazing stay at this hotel, it is modern and spotlessly clean with great facilities. Reception, bar and restaurant staff are polite, professional and friendly.

The room had everything you could need from Tea & Coffee, well stocked mini bar, iron/ironing board to nail file & slippers. The only thing I wished I had was bubbles for the lovely relaxing bath I had in the morning (will make sure I have them to hand next time)! Room had air con/heating controls and bed was really comfortable. We had a great nights sleep. Extra pillows are in the cupboard if required.

Our room was upgraded as I was celebrating my 30th birthday, we were upgraded to a River view room (room 529) with fantastic views of the O2 dome across the river. The reception staff left a birthday card in the room for me which was a nice touch.

Breakfast the next morning was lovely, everything you could possibly think of and more was an option there and a variety of everything i.e. 3 different sausages and 8 different fruit juices

The overall experience was 5* just wish we had time to enjoy the spa. We will without doubt stay here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank ChelleKiely
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us to celebrate your 30th birthday. Many happy returns!

I am delighted you are looking at staying at the hotel in the future. Please do ensure to get in touch with us to make sure you are looked after once again.

I would certainly recommend visiting the spa on your next stay. Not only are the facilities (including the relaxation room, sauna/steam room and gym) free of charge for all of our hotel guests, but we also have fantastic therapists who are experts in their fields. We offer everything from couples treatments to massages, waxing and facials.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wonderful hotel....bright, clean and modern. Great rooms, with all you need. Excellent staff....
very attentive and helpful. No rush to check out, despite 11a.m. stated. Would like to stay longer and try the spa facilities!
Good price, includes full breakfast. Family and friends in other rooms....all wonderful...all happy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Christine L
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the New Providence Wharf Hotel for your family trip to London. I am delighted to see you enjoyed the breakfast whilst staying with us.

I definitely recommend coming back for another trip to try the spa facilities in the East River Spa. Not only do we offer a fantastic range of treatments but the facilities are free to use for all of our hotel guests, including the relaxation room, sauna/steam room and gym all open from 7am to 11pm each day.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any future assistance with a reservation or if you have any special requests for a second visit.