Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel
Ranked #95 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Weekend Break”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed here for two nights over a weekend as part of a threatre trip to see Les Mis. We arrived early at the hotel and were told that our room was ready for us. The staff were very polite and welcoming at all times. Our room was large, clean and quiet at all times. The only down side was that the temperature of the room was very high, there was air conditioning which we used to try and lower the temperature but this reset itself each time we left the room (the lights and air con can only work when the room key is used).

We had breakfast included in our stay. There was a large choice of food and everything we had was of a very high standard.

The Hotel was situated fairly close to a tube station so travelling anywhere wasn't an issue.

Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us and I am glad your early check in was accommodated without any problems. I hope you enjoyed the theatre trip - Les Miserables is certainly one of the favourites for visiting the West End.

I am sorry to hear about the problem in the bedroom with the air conditioning. We do have a maintenance team on sight so I hope they were able to have a look at this at your convenience. We always ask on check in how many keycards you would prefer so that you can leave one in the room whilst you are out if you wish. The most important thing for us is to make sure you are comfortable.

I am however pleased to see you will be returning if in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally via the hotel to ensure you have no more issues on your return visit.

Jane Tones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending the O2 for the ATP Tennis finals.
I booked on line and my request for an early check in (11am) was accomodated as requested, so that gave a good first impression. Reception staff were very pleasant and my room was great.
Room was larger than expected with a pleasant view, although not a river view (but hadn't requested a river view). Room was well designed with the woman in mind - rare in most business type hotels. Separate walk-in shower is brilliant with easy access to shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in handy dispensers. Also additional handy dispensers over the bath. Room was cleaned daily with emphasis on green issues giving you your choice of frequency of towel and bed linen changes - a great idea! There was a convenient makeup/(shaving) mirror at a suitable height. Access to the hair drier in the bedroom was good - here there was a mirror and access to a chair - great for a lady needing time to dry long hair!!
Sorry about emphasis on female type issues but having travelled the world I have built up a long list of gripes for hotels who only appear to have male guests! This hotel is definately up there with the best.
Brilliant for access to the O2 - short walk to East India to the DLR, one stop to Canning town,change to Jubilee line for Greenwich North and this was great for getting back after a late finish, especially seeing the crowds going the other way back to central London or the very long queues for a taxi!!!
Breakfast was fantastic in a beautiful setting with great view.
Access to Central London was also great taking the Jubilee line from Canning Town with one stop from East India.
Also took advantage of the Spa with a special weekend offer of massage, facial and manicure all for £55, including refreshments! Fantastic value and it was perfect to do this in the middle of my stay - a great way to relax and chill out.
Hot food and snacks available till late which is great after a day out at the tennis and not much time for a meal between matches! Will definately be coming here in Nov until 2015 for the tennis finals if not before!!
Brilliant stay.

Room Tip: Ask in advance if you have any special requirements/needs as they are more likely to meet them rathe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Margaret S
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and it is fantastic to hear all your needs were met on arrival and in the room as well. We are currently looking at creating a small in-room menu for small things that may be needed such as extra toiletries so this should hopefully make things even easier to request.

It certainly sounds like you made fantastic use of the facilities. As you say the offers in the East River Spa for our guests, particularly at the weekends are always good value and if we do say so ourself, it is definitely worth a visit to the relaxation room even if not having a treatment room. Afternoon tea is available here and in the Azura restaurant as well as the herbal teas available for you to chose yourself with the comfortable heated stone beds looking onto the river Thames.

It is fantastic to see you will be rebooking for the tennis next year. I would invite you to contact me personally so that I can ensure you are well looked after once again and any special requests you may have.

St. Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Spent one night here as attending a concert at the O2.We booked a river view room and the view was great,just over the river from th O2.A couple of grumbles,stains on the curtain and toiletries in holders in bottles that meant you coulden't use them in the bath.However the bed was big and the room spacious.The staff helpful and friendly and the buffet breakfast was fab.Interesting decor and a boutique feel. Great transport links to th O2 and the rest of london.Would stay again,but bring my own bubble bath!

Room Tip: Ask for river view room,more expensive but worth it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to see you were impressed with the view from your bedroom. I would certainly recommend booking one of these rooms if it is a special occasion for the unrivalled view across towards the 02 arena.

I am sorry to see you had some issues with the cleanliness of the bedroom - I will certainly pass these comments onto the housekeeping manager, who I can ensure is meticulous and will want to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

However I am glad to see you would consider a second visit to the hotel, with a probable inclusion of bubble bath - this suggestion is being passed to the senior management team immediately so I thank you for your feedback.

Curitiba, PR
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I just came back from one week attending ATP Finals at the O2 Arena, and I am very happy that I chose this hotel.
It is very convenient if you go to the Arena.Around 400 meters from east India DLR station, just one stop to Canning Town (Jubilee) and one stop to the O2.
The hotel itself is very modern, clean and the service is really nice. The rooms are very big compared to other London hotels.
I would repeat my experience and recommend to everybody this hotel.
I was really impressed too about the development of this part of the town after the Olimpic games. The Westfield Stratford mall is close by , the Olympic stadium too. I didn't have much time to explore Greenwich but it seems that the neighborhood is nice as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank zuzubrasil
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to see you were happy with your choice of hotel for the tennis finals. As you say, being based just across the river fom the 02 arena not allows for the fantastic views of the area but also easy access to the 02 for your events.

I would certainly recommend a look around Greenwich when you are next in the area. We do have a lot of leaflets and local information about events happening in the area here on reception so if you would like any help please do not hesitate to contact us first and we can make any necessary arrangements.

Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

From the moment you walk into reception the hotel oozes class & elegance. Check in was smooth & efficient. Valet parking also convenient. The bedroom was just as imagined beautifully designed & wonderfully homely although the view was a bit disappointing. The whole idea of the trip was a 2 day tennis outing at the O2 & the hotel is certainly well placed for this.
If I have a real gripe about it all considering the hotel is not cheap was on the last morning whilst at breakfast at 10.00am a full hour before breakfast finished was to be told there was no butter. This certainly does not distract from the whole hotel & enjoyment of our stay & we would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Oozes Class.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your five star review. I do hope you enjoyed the tennis at the 02 arena. I am pleased you were happy with the check in and valet parking offered - onyl £12.50 per night with no reservation needed!

I am sorry to see butter was unavailable on your last visit to the restaurant - I have spoken to the restaurant manager who passes on his apologies as well. We will be more careful of this problem in the future and ensure to find a quick solution.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel, perhaps for the tennis next year at the 02 arena. If you wish, please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with a reservation and I will ensure you are well looked after once again.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Once or twice a year I travel to London with friends, to have Afternoon Tea in one of the big hotels. I went to The Radisson hotel after receiving vouchers as a gift. The Afternoon Tea was superb. It included a large pot of tea,sandwiches, two fruity scones each with clotted cream and jam, and cakes. ( lemon drizzle, stollen, mini pavlovas, jam tart, fruity jelly.) And the cocktails are pretty good too. Tea here is half the cost that I have paid in the big hotels, but was of equal standard . I shall certainly be recommending to others.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Choccie_123
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed comments regarding the afternoon tea you had with us at the Azura restaurant. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed the selection and will certainly pass on your compliments to the executive chef. It is great to see you would be happy to receommend the restaurant to others.

If you have any further plans for returning on your next trip to London, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel and I would be happy to help.

Fife
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend in London at the end of September. We had chosen the location as we were going to see Micael McIntyre at the O2 on the Sunday night. The hotel is lovely, very modern and very clean. We had a suite and ended up having room service on Friday night - it was great to sit at a table and eat!! The staff are friendly and very helpful. Its a 5 minute walk to Blackwall DLR and about 15 minute walk to Canary Wharf for the Tube. Its a little 'out of town' and is situated in a largely residential area but the hotel totally makes up for it. If you want pubs and clubs on your doorstep then best look elsewhere but if you are happy to have a walk then, for the price, you cant do much better. Brilliant location for the O2. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GG1974
JaneTones, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your fantastic comments regarding your stay in September.

I hope you enjoyed MIchael MacIntyre's show at the 02 arena! As you say being so close to the arena is certainly an asset to the location of the hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed the extra space provided in the one bedroom suite with the living/dining room as well as a bedroom. This also doubles up well as family room as the sofa opens to make a large double bed.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any future reservations as I would be delighted to greet you on your next visit.