“Quite good but there are much better hotels for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of No 5 Cavendish Square

We can't find prices for this hotel
No 5 Cavendish Square
Ranked #798 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Quite good but there are much better hotels for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here only one night while working in London. It's not in a bad location, being about 5mins walk off Oxford Street. The staff were quite polite. I didn't use the bar or nightclub that are in the same building so I comment only on the hotel. It's a boutique hotel with about 8 rooms which are all quite dramatically decorated. While this added character, my room was all a very deep red colour with only a couple of small yellow lamps. This meant I could hardly see a thing in the room so had to go into the bathroom to do anything. The bathroom however was very sumptuous and perfectly clean, although the shower was over the bath which I always dislike. Breakfast the next morning was in a pleasant room but there were no staff around to help. No hot food available, just fruit, yoghurt, cold meats and cheeses. Not bad though. It's not a bad hotel and my stay was comfortable but I have stayed in much better hotels in London in this price bracket so won't be returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Loved this hotel, suite was very sumptuous. Bed very comfy, slept like a log. Bathroom very large, separate walk in shower and bath. Will definitely stay again. Very close to shops and museums etc. Had a suite at the back of the hotel and it was quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Christiane V
Edinburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

Stayed for one night mid-week. Hotel was booked by my work's travel company and is normally all paid for but the hotel didn't seem to work to this policy so I had to pay on my own credit card. Not a huge deal but not what I expected. Room was ok size, cosmetically it was dark red and not really my cup of tea. The Bbed was comfy but room seating was not very relaxing. Room was quite noisy because of the bar, the bedside lights didn't work, there was no hairdryer and the toilet seat was off the hinge. Breakfast was included in my rate but when I went down at 7.30 (not that early on a working day I thought) there was no-one there to serve so I left and grabbed breakfast at a cafe instead. I was really looking forward to staying in this hotel but it was not up to scratch at all. This is the first poor review I have given on trip advisor.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Flightsocks

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

Booked this hotel for two nights mid-week for a great price. Great location, beautiful rooms, fun place downstairs with their multiple restaurants, bar and own club. The screw-up though cost them their final star. As I said, booked for two nights. The day I showed up though they told me they were booked out the following night and I could only stay for one night. They offered to find me another place but this is [--]. They even said they had a larger booking for the following night. I know what happened. They needed my room for this booking and hence bumped me. This is so dumb. I actually liked the place a lot but for this behavior, I won't be back. I've been to London often and have a couple places I really like. I simply thought to try out something new and decided to test this place. Finally, another star is lost since their elevators kept breaking down and I was running up and down to the fourth floor for the whole stay. This is unforgivable, especially with heavy bags. They didn't offer anyone to come and carry my bags. Oh well, if they cut the booking crap, this is a good find. Go ahead and try it out if you want to risk their shady behavior. Otherwise, there are plenty of other good places you can find in this range that have a bit of everything that are just as good.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank Joizee_HD
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2008

Booked this hotel through hotels-london.com and got it for £147 mid week, which I think is an excellent price for such a lovely hotel (its rack rate is way higher, and even discounted most nights it is closer to £200).

Gorgeous boutique style rooms, very ornate and glam, with flat screen TV, very good mini bar (drinks and imaginative snacks), bath robes, huge bath (big enough for two), beautiful and clean.

Reception staff very helpful, and the bar downstairs is very sultry and romantic, though drinks not cheap - but then this is London.

Didn't have time for breakfast (we were up late, the bed was sooo comfortable!) so can't comment on that, but the room service food was delicious.

Compared to other bland, business hotels at the £200 mark, this is way more attractive - close to the tube and all the attractions.

Apparently has an excellent restaurant as well

• Liked — Really beautiful rooms
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank solarina