I need to preface this review by saying that we are an American family of four on our first trip to Europe.
We needed a larger space, since with two teenage children, one male and one female, a typical one room hotel room would not work for us. We had a two bedroom, one bathroom unit, with an ample size living room as well. The kitchen was not useful for much other than the mini-fridge.
The staff was incredible. Each person we met went out of their way to help us. When we were lost, they did not give us directions, but walked with us to restaurant. The laundry facilities were FREE and get help before you start, it's not obvious.
The location was very convenient, 5 minute walk to Pimico, or 15 minutes to Victoria. It is a quiet neighborhood, so don't look for nightlife here.
On the negative side, there was NO air conditioning. Luckily, it wasn't too hot when we were there, but for us spoiled Americans it was not the best sleeping weather. There were very few outlets, so we were doubling on charging all our electronics, and we couldn't get the fan to reach the bedroom.
We also would NOT recommend their restaurant. Breakfast was included, but the continental breakfast consisted of stale, dry, pastries, and the hot breakfast was not quick. For tourists in a hurry to get in and out, the restaurant didn't really work for us. The man in charge of the breakfast was the only surly staff member we ever encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolphin House offers a range of contemporary serviced apartments in a quiet residential area. Set around three and a half acres of idyllic gardens along the River Thames, just a short distance from Central London. A selection of apartments are available from economy singles to 1bed 2 bed and 3 bed apartments. Dolphin House is on the north side of Dolphin Square Village with its 1069 residential apartments, Bar and Grill, Lounge Bar Sports and Fitness Club and brand new Moroccan Inspired Spa, The Spa in Dolphin Square. The facilities are open to all.All Just 5 mins walk from the nearby Pimlico tube, just 3 stops (7 mins) on the Victoria line to Oxford Circus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dolphin House Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin House Hotel London
- Dolphin Hotel London
- Dolphin House Serviced Apartments London, England