“A great hotel for a more relaxing area.”

Dolphin House Serviced Apartments
Ranked #325 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Well my mother and I stayed at this hotel for four nights, the price was about 700 pounds. Wich is a little expensive BUT it was great value for the money. We didnt eat out every night or pend 35 pounds on breakfast. We had a small kitchen with we used, there was a large shop area with lots of food, two bus stops away.
THe only negative thing I can say was when we arrived, they staff didnt want to give us the keycard, because it was 20 min left untill they could let us in. But we had to wait 40 min until they gave us our room, BUT they gave us another room wich was bigger and better :)
And they have a pool and sauna wich we used alot. I really had a good experience here.

Room Tip: Higher floors, can be quit noisy when the kids play football, wich is just outside the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
MsRitaFerreira, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dolphin House, and for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your apartment and the kitchen facilities and our swimming pool and sauna. I am really sorry to hear that it took quite a long time for you to have access to your apartment; on the other hand I am happy to hear that our front desk team looked after you and provided you with an upgraded apartment. We look forward to welcome you back very soon; in the meantime please do contact us if we can help you further. Sincerely, Rita Ferreira

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Opted to stay here as we were in London for four nights and wanted a bit more room than a traditional hotel room offers. We selected a one bedroom serviced apartment and were not disappointed with either the space or the finish which was as good as some of the more popular hotels in London. The surrounding Pimlico area was quiet which is a haven when escaping the throng of central London with the complex offering all the facilities that you would need with some shops/restaurants within easy walking distance. Only a couple of minutes walk from Pimlico tube station you are only three stops from Oxford Circus if shopping is your thing and it's a pleasing 20-30 minute walk to Harrods if you fancy stepping out and strolling through some of the nicer parts of London. The apartment comes with an ample sized bedroom with an extremely comfy bed, a small but fully functional bathroom, an entrance hall with extra storage and a small sitting room with open plan kitchen area. Everything worked and the apartment was cleaned daily. All the staff were very welcoming and friendly and the on-site amenities meant that you don't need to wander far for the essentials if you don't want to. Although we never got round to using the pool or spa we did have lunch in the bar and grill with nothing to complain about there.

On reading the previous reviews there seems to be a lot of confusion with some people thinking this is a hotel. It's not, these are serviced apartments for short term hire. In summary you get all the convenience of a hotel (with the exception of room service) and more at a very reasonable price ideally located for all of London's attractions.

Although the Dolphin Square complex is directly opposite Pimlico Academy the noise from the school wasn't too intrusive although activities did start early each day on the playing fields. As we were there during the week I can't comment on weekends but would suspect that these and school holidays can only improve on this.

My only suggestion to the facility would be to install thermostatic mixers in the showers. The water pressure is great but the hot water is scalding hot and a little finicky to balance in the shower. Other than that will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Northernpar
Reviewed May 7, 2013

In a very convenient location to jump on a tube and get around London, these are lovely, clean, comfortable serviced appartments that are easily as economical but way, way better than any accomodation at a similar price in London. Our only regret was that we were not less busy to allow us time to enjoy the spa etc. Will definitely be back though, and booking direct to get the best deals as advised by the kind gentleman on reception.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MsRitaFerreira, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for recommending our property, we are delighted you had such an enjoyable trip to London. It is a shame you did not have the time to enjoy all our wonderful facilities on this visit. We hope to welcome you back very soon, in the meantime please do contact us if we can help you further. Sincerely, Rita Ferreira

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was working in Pimlico so stayed at the apartments for two nights. I had a one bed apartment which was very well proportionned, with a large bedroom with plenty of storage, a very large bathroom and good sized lounge. There's good and not so good. The moroccan day spa is excellent and definitely worth going to the hamman etc. As a guest you receive a 15% discount on all treatments. Spa reservations are important. The building is a bit soulless and it would appear run on a skeleton staff ie it's not a hotel. There were only 2 elevators for quite a few rooms. Breakfast was very impersonal and in fact I left after 15mins without any member of staff asking about toast or hot breakfast - not pleasant as a solo guest. It's good value for sure if you share an apartment, though the kitchen facilities are minimal. Very near the tube station of Pimlico but note that there aren't restaurants in the near vicinity unless you go to the hotel's bar and grill (I think this doubles up as the breakfast area) so you will have to travel elsewhere for evening food/entertainment. There is a reasonably sized swimming pool (not as glamorous as the website) and garden area outside. The area around the hotel is quiet which is nice. There is also an atm right outside which is useful too. Local fruit and veg shops are open late.

Room Tip: 6th floor is the top floor and has great views over the city of London
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
MsRitaFerreira, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Whilst I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience in our multi awarded Moroccan Spa I am disappointed to hear that you found Dolphin Square "bit soulless" and "run on a skeleton staff" as opposed to other traveller’s experience. I would like to clarify that Dolphin House is not a hotel we are Serviced Apartments and we do strive to offer a home away from home experience our operating system is similar to an hotel as we do offer a 24 hour reception and security service, our team is available to assist guests with any enquiries, requests or assistance at any time.
Your comments about the breakfast service have been passed on to our Food and Beverage Manager to take further action, as the service that you have experienced it is certainly not up to the standards that we pride ourselves with, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
With regards to the cooking facilities that you classified as minimum, I do wish to clarify that due to Health and Safety reasons the apartments on the 6th floor are only equipped with a kettle, fridge and microwave alternatively if cooking is essential for your stay you can always request an apartment with a normal or a full kitchen at the reservation stage and we will allocate you an apartment according to your needs, I do apologise if this has not been made clear to you at any point.
Dolphin House is located in a residential area of Pimlico hence not finding many restaurants or attractions within the area however Victoria is 15 minutes walking distance where you can find a wide range of choices from restaurants, bars, pubs and theatres, if you do not wish to walk you can always take the underground as it is one stop away or take bus number 24 that runs twenty four hours and leaves you right in front of Victoria Station. I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from returning and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future. In the meantime please do contact us shall we be of further assistance. Best Regards, Rita Ferreira

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked this hotel in April 2013 for 3 nights to visit london. My daughter (age 9) loved the possibility to swim after a day of sightseeing. Unfortunatelly we we faced with limited swimming hours for kids. This was not listed on the website at the time i made my booking or in my booking confirmation. After having a discussion with the duty manager they granted us access outside of the official kids hours as a courtesy; but only if no other quest or club member would complain about it. Something to take into consideration if you travel with kids ;-)

Apart from this minor inconvenience that was solved to my satisfaction, the hotel is a very good choice if you want to go to London. It's centrally located nearby underground station Pimlico on the Victoria Line. From this station, it only takes you 10 minutes to get to wherever you need to be in London to see the sights, enjoy shopping or a great theater show ! Neighbourhood is quite and pleasant.

The Dolphin house offers a small 'shopping arcade' with a bakery, dry cleaners, convenience store, barber and travel shop. All for reasonable prices. Otherwise there are shops along the route to the underground. Also there is a bar & grill restaurant on site for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a fitness club (free for guests) and a lounge bar. The lobby contains a computer and printer for use by guests as well as free wifi. Wifi in the room is possible against a daily fee. Furthermore there is a beautifull garden to walk though.

Room was nice and clean, good bathroom and a kitchenette with a water kettle, refrigerator and microwave as well as some plates and cups. Bed was very nice and spacious;-). Only two points were displeasing: the room temperature was hard to manage. Fortunatelly there were two windows that good be opened for fresh air. Also there was very limited closet space for clothing.Our clothes did not leave our suitcase.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
MsRitaFerreira, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dolphin House, and for taking the time to write your very instructive review. We are delighted you enjoyed our location, the cleanliness, comfort and space of your apartment along with our wonderful facilities.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced with the restricted swimming times for children, it should have been made clear to you on the time of booking. I understand that travelling with children requires planning in advance and in your case the use of the swimming pool was one of the reasons for choosing our property. I am glad that our Duty Manager solved the situation to your satisfaction.
With regards to your feedback about the apartment I do wish to clarify that despite of not having Air Conditioning, we do provide portable fans in all our apartments to help regulate the temperature during hot days; also as far as the closet space is concerned, we do have apartments with slightly more storage space than others, if it is something essential for your stay than you can add that remark to your booking and we will do our best to allocate you an apartment that fulfils your needs. We hope to welcome you back very soon, in the meantime please do contact us if we can help you further. Yours Sincerely, Rita Ferreira

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at the Dolphin House while visiting London for a seminar. The accommodations, location and facilities were great. Unfortunately, I was charged twice for my experience. I was charged once when I booked the hotel and again upon checkout. I contacted the hotel several times by telephone and email and had no response. Such a shame that I cannot positively recommend this hotel based on this experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelling-a-bit

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Whilst I am happy to know that you enjoyed our accommodation, location and facilities I am disappointed that you did not experience the high level of service that the vast majority of Dolphin House clientele enjoy.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience, I would very much like to personally address the issues you encountered after your check-out and would therefore appreciate it if you could drop me a private message, my email is rferreira@dolphinsquare.co.uk. I sincerely hope these regrettable incident will not deter you from returning to Dolphin House and that you will allow us to welcome you back on some future occasion. Sincerely, Rita Ferreira

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went on a business trip to London for 2 nights and saw this as a deal on Secret Escapes. The worst thing about staying in a hotel, in my view, is that the room looks lovely when you arrive, but by the time you have spread your belongings out, you are sleeping in a pig sty. Our stay here was so pleasurable as there was so much storage and so much more space that everywhere stayed tidy. I did miss the free Wifi - even Premier Inns offer 30 minutes free, but apart from that we loved it. Breakfast was good, staff helpful, rooms VERY clean. Recently stayed at the Corinthia Hotel in London and although not nearly so grand, The Dolphin Square was better, simply because of the space. Would definitely stay there again and have decided that apartments are the future for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank sheds
MsRitaFerreira, Guest Relations Manager at Dolphin House Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with at Dolphin House. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our apartments spacious and very clean. It is particularly pleasing to know that you found the restaurant staff helpful and that you have enjoyed your breakfast on each morning. We do hope to welcome you back very soon, in the meantime please do contact us if we may assist you further. Sincerely, Rita Ferreira