I'm really sorry to report a very poor experience with this hotel.
The first thing I should say is that there was nothing wrong with the hotel, my apartment was great, it was clean, the welcome I received was professional and curious albeit missing a vitial piece of information and if it wasn't for the fact that they took an extra £250 out of my account without asking or even advising me I would not be writing this now.
Some might think my complaint trivial, but its not, it strikes at the very core of the honesty of the business and their staff. Let me explain:
I travel extensively with my business and stay in hotels all over the place. I usually book the rooms myself as I want to know where I'm going to be.
I smoke, I know that makes me a leper and somewhat of a lesser being and I'm ashamed of it and myself, but I do. It is rare these days to find a hotel that has smoking rooms so when one is offered I usually take it, as I did on this particular occasion.
I booked and paid for the room via my usual online company who confirmed. I received the booking confirmation immediately that confirmed that I booked what I had ordered and shortly after this received a confirmation from the hotel that I I was booked into a smoking apartment on the night required etc.
I arrived was greeted in the usual way, signed in and shown to my apartment. At no time was I advised that the room i had booked and had confirmed twice was a no smoking room. There were no signs anywhere in the apartment so I assumed that as I had booked a smoking room and receive two confirmation that I had a smoking room and that there were no signs saying that I could smoke that I was okay to smoke. I think even the non smokers amongst you would tend to agree that that was a fair assumption to make.
The online booking agent i use pays for the hotel up front, I don’t usually have breakfast so don’t normally sign out in the morning from hotels choosing to use the fast check out and not booking anything to my room.
Unfortunately the signal for my laptops 3G connection was poor so i signed up to the hotels broadband at the cost of £11 for the night, even though this would mean I would have to check out in the morning.
Upon checking out for some strange reason I handed over my Company credit card, I could have and should have paid with cash, but I was on autopilot and to be honest didn’t think there was anything wrong or risky paying an £11 bill on my card.
Several weeks later I received an email from my accounts department enquiring why there was a £250 transaction on my card. After some investigation through the online agent it transpired that it was a fined for smoking in a non smoking room. The Hotel had simply ran my credit card details again and deducted £250 for cleaning the room.
I find this unbelievable, unprofessional, probably illegal and dishonest to the enth degree. So my recommendation would be to avoid this hotel, they lie about their bookings and then take money out of your account without permission. If anyone else has experienced this I would like to hear from you. I think it may be a well used scam they’ve played many times before and since.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolphin House offers a range of contemporary serviced apartments in a quiet residential area. Set around three and a half acres of idyllic gardens along the River Thames, just a short distance from Central London. A selection of apartments are available from economy singles to 1bed 2 bed and 3 bed apartments. Dolphin House is on the north side of Dolphin Square Village with its 1069 residential apartments, Bar and Grill, Lounge Bar Sports and Fitness Club and brand new Moroccan Inspired Spa, The Spa in Dolphin Square. The facilities are open to all.All Just 5 mins walk from the nearby Pimlico tube, just 3 stops (7 mins) on the Victoria line to Oxford Circus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolphin House Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin House Hotel London
- Dolphin Hotel London
- Dolphin House Serviced Apartments London, England