“Worst experience”

Ranked #575 of 837 Specialty Lodging in London
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Worst experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

we travelled down to london to celebrate a 21st birthday, we had 24 hours to enjoy ourselves. we go to the hotel and the receptionist instantly suggested he move us to one of their sister hotels. we left our bags and returned at 645 pm to find our bags not in a safe place as promised. we were transferred to another hotel as the bed in out apartment was ''broken'' this was also said to a couple in the reception with us. the other hotel was half an hour away and after all the fuss we were 1 hour behind schedule.we were moved to 'so west' in shephards bush, the apartment was clean and had everything we needed expect a reception, the one member of staff that was on site was rushed and flustered as she was trying to look after 2 groups, ourselves and the couple from the original hoted. as we had moved location we had to spend over £100 extra on travel and re-arranged plans due to the move. we were told to call the following morning for a taxi to return us to the original hotel, which took an hour to get to us resulting in 3 connecting missed trains, again an extra cost which was no our fault. the staff were very unfriendly and uncooperative!!! the only upside to this trip was the fantastic time we did spend in london. i would never recommend this company and will never go back. AWFUL

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

That hotel was a the worst hotel I have ever been in my entire life! I think it doesn't worth 4 stars to rate. When I arrived to London I thought I can recharge my batteries but actually I couldn't because the bed was uncomfortable. Even when I wanted to dry my hair after shower, I found out it doesn't have any hair dryer. In addition, the floor was awful and it turned me off cause it was soooooo dirty. If I were you, I wouldn't book this disgusting and chaotic hotel. And please don't pay attention to that beautiful photos that had been taken in that hotel. That pics are taken for fooling you. So please don't book this terrible place and don't repeat my mistake!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ava R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Wow! This place is a shocker! It's very Noisy, the staff are rude, incompetent and a disgrace to the service industry. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone if you want somewhere friendly, clean and professional. This business is neither of these and it's a disgrace for the price you pay. The staff were shocking, it's a miracle any of them work in an industry that is supposed to welcome guests and show a degree of proffesionalism. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Robbie123456
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Even if I live in London...I had to find out a temporary place.
I was impress from the size of the apartment and everything new refurbish!! The staff is friendly and the areas clean. Most of the hotel in central London, they don't have such large rooms!The location is very good because with one bus only, in 15-20 minutes you are in Marble Arch! Internet is complementary.
The price is still ok....flat for 2 will be around 100 GBP per night.
I always recommend this place to friends and tourist.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
West London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great value for money staying in a delux room and was very happy in deed with the large living, kitchen area. Great bathrooms with a large bath not just a shower was also a pleasant surprise. Very good TV and facilities, however the bed was a little short for me. For what I paid it was great value and very well presented lovely boutique feel to the room. Also good was the Starbucks and Tesco Express at street level around the corner for snacks, alcohol and drinks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnonWestLondon
Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have used the Quartier Apartments twice now. I find this is a great location for access to most places in London and it won't cost you a fortune to stay in a decent apartment. Prices do vary and the cost is less during the winter months.

A one bedroom apartment at the SO Quartier Apartments is good value for money. The apartments have a main bedroom, hallway and kitchen / lounge area and bathroom. Cable TV and Wi-Fi internet access is included and the kitchens are well equipped. The only observation I had was the lack of cutlery with which to eat your food although everything else was provided.

The staff at this place are friendly and helpful. There is also limited parking and if you manage to get a space it is also very secure. You might like to ring in advance and see if you can secure advance parking. However, there is also space in the road behind the apartments and it is free so long as you miss the peak daytime hours.

Tesco Express has a store right under the apartments so you do not have to go far to stock up with food. Kilburn Park Tube station is also nearby for easy access and travel around London.

If you are looking for value in London then this definately fits the bill. The apartments are spacious enough too and they are clean and tidy. The security on the premises is excellent with the reception desk being manned all the time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TAVAKLI
Sutton in Craven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Booked a "deluxe" one bedroomed apartment for a 4 day trip to the capital. The flexibility of being able to cook a meal or two ourselves or relax with a bottle of wine in the lounge area meant we could cut down on expenditure and allow both ourselves and our 10 year old daughter a little privacy.

We weren't disappointed although there were one or two annoying niggles.

The niggles : the cooker didn't work properly (we tried to heat a pan of water to cook some pasta but the hob wouldn't get hot enough. We even tried to boil water using the kettle but it wouldn't work) ; there was no plug for the kitchen sink so you couldn't wash any dishes properly ; there was no tea towel ; there were only limited pans and cutlery ; there was quite a bit of noise in the area late into the evening and early morning.

However there were good points and they outweighed the niggles : the staff couldn't have been more helpful ; the apartment was a good size and equipped with a TV, fridge, freezer, microwave and dining table/chairs ; there is a Tesco Express (well stocked supermarket) underneath the apartment block ; Kilburn Park Tube Station is a 3 minute walk away, tubes every few minutes into the heart of the west end ; apartment was cleaned to a high standard.

The location isn't perfect. It's not the best area in London but we felt safe enough wandering to and from the tube station, just don't expect a lovely street cafe or wine bar where you can sit out on the terrace with your kids.

If you're looking for a cheaper, more flexible alternative, to a city centre hotel I'd recommend this place.

Room Tip: The "deluxe" rooms are at the rear of the building and are much quieter. Don't expect...