See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have to admit that the first impression of this hostel was bad.My room was full of weirdos ,bed not comfortable at all,shower in room even in the mix dorm!!!Just two common female shower(not working for a week). I've asked to change room and the second one was better.No enough space to place your stuff.Staff rude especially a french girl at coffee shop and mexican guy at the reception..Kitchen DIRTY because people did not clean after their messy,you have to pay deposit for everything even a teaspoon.Just cash payment.Though I met nice guys who made my experience at this hostel less terrible.the other guests are not travellers ,in the large part are people who work in :London.(is a really big hostel).Cleanliness ok.You don't feel safe in this place especially the first night,but there is a security at the door .

Room Tip: the second and third floor's rooms are less noisy
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I arrived at the hostel, having pre-booked from Australia. I was given a key to my room, and when I opened the door, I was absolutely mortified. I was sharing a room with three other females, all whom were obviously permanent residents, as there were 3 distinct 'piles' of belongings taking up every bit of floor space, so I had to put my bags on the bed with me, along the side of the wall. The bed linen was not clean, so I placed some of my clothing on top of the bed to sleep on. I attempted to shower in the shower cubicle, but had to squeeze myself in on an angle, as there was so much junk piled up around it, then had to face all the mould in the shower stall. The other roomies have an electric cook top, that sits on a chair next to the door, so if a fire were to occur, you would not be able to evacuate the room, and there were pots, pans, cups and plates that looked like they were caked in burnt food stuffs, and not been washed.
I did notice the linen on one girls bed, and it was disgustingly dirty, to say the very least. There did not appear to be any English speaking persons working here at all, so there was a language difficulty, and the security is non-existent also. All in all, a very frightening prelude to my vacation. Is this the norm, that is to be expected, or could things get any worse??? Fortunately for me, I found somewhere else to go, and discovered that not all hostels operate so badly.

Room Tip: what good room??? do they actually have any?
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank VeeEm55
Reviewed January 19, 2013

O am currently staying here for two nights. This place should be closed down for health reasons. Mould clearly on walls. Duvet very bad as pillow. Only for I've no money for anywhere else is be gone. Deposit needed for everything including room key. Do not stay here

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank dieseldlk
Reviewed January 4, 2013

it is the worst hostel i have ever been. You are better sleeping in the street. Dirty, horrible beds, very noisy. We were 4 on that hostel and all of us got sick. The staff is just disgusting, no manners at all. When you ask them they are so rude and they look to customers like they were stupid as i saw it not only with us but in general with all. There is nothing good on this hostel. You have to give a deposit. Read the reviews of hostel 639 (it is the same hostel)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends