“Well equipped”

Gate House Apartments, Tower Bridge
Ranked #117 of 956 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our first stay in a Think apartment and old definitely do it again. Admittedly a bit of a trek to the tube but a short walk to the Tower of London, and there are a few good restaurants nearby.

Would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippa W, on behalf of the CEO, Jim Souter at Gate House Apartments, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think Tower Bridge. We were pleased you enjoyed your first experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your return.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have stayed in a few of the Think apartments and this is definitely not the best. It is quite a trek to the nearest Tube station London Bridge. The bedrooms overlook the reception area and to be woken on a Saturday morning at 6:30 by a group of noisy visitors was not impressive. The bedrooms would be better where the lounge area is as it is quieter. The Wifi didn't work with the passwords given. The rooms were warm with no way of cooling them down other than opening the windows and then it was even more noisy. Maintenance men were at work outside our rooms on both Saturday and Sunday mornings early! The apartments are well equipped but the beds are small although they are comfortable. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 37B it is noisy!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippa W, on behalf of Jim Souter at Gate House Apartments, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think. We were sincerely saddened that your stay on this occasion did not meet your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to comment with the hope of restoring your confidence in Think Apartments.

Although some apartments are based overlooking the reception area, it is not an area usually found noisy. Should a guest find they encounter any disturbance by a third party it is important they contact a member of the Reception Team to notify us should anything be affecting the overall enjoyment of their stay so that we are able to swiftly and effectively rectify this.

Within our apartments we endeavour to provide a home away from home experience including all the necessary facilities however, the design does vary throughout the property. Should a guest prefer a particular design then we do have floor plans available and our Reservations and Front of House Team will be happy to assist with this.

With regards to the internet codes given to you, I am unsure as to why these did not work for you. We do have an on-site IT team who can rectify connection challenges and ensure guests have full connection.

The majority of our apartments operate with under floor heating, which is adjustable from within the apartments, though this does take an hour or two to readjust to a new setting. In the event that a guest finds the apartment too hot or indeed cold then we can supply fans to address this. Should a guest need assistance with the heating controls in their apartment then we have a Reception Team available 24 hours.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope that we will have a future opportunity to restore your confidence in Think Apartments.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

On arrival the reception area was somewhat shabby. On entering the apartment it was far too hot, with the heating set to 28 degrees! I turned it off completely and had to wedge open the door and open the windows.

It was a bit smaller than I had expected, with no lounge area as many photos had led me to believe, being a one bed apartment.

Once cooled down I soon settled in and quickly warmed to the place. It was all done out to a high spec, with good facilities and a very nice bathroom and shower, which worked a treat.

The bed was very comfy and the table and chairs allowed me to bring food back and enjoy it on my own, rather than feeling like Billy no mates in a restaurant!

Overall it worked well for me and if in London on my own I would come back and use these apartments again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Philippa W, on behalf of the CEO at Gate House Apartments, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your review of Think Apartments, we are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Think.

We design each of our apartments in a way that best utilises the space given.

If any of our guests face difficulties with the heating system we advise them to inform our 24 hour Reception who can advise guests on how to operate it.

If you “Like” us on Facebook you will have first access to all of our New Special Offers.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and was really impressed by how much space this offered. With a large lounge dining area and fully equipped kitchen we had everything we required for a self-catering stay in London. The whole apartment was very modern and it really did feel like a home away from home. Around a 10 minute easy walk from London Bridge tube station there are a number of small supermarkets and coffee shops where you can stock up on supplies! Tower Bridge is only a few minutes walk away where you can access attractions like the HMS Belfast, Tower of London and River Boat Cruises. All in all we were very happy with our stay and would happily consider the Think Apartments Tower Bridge for our next stay in London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Philippa W, on behalf of Jim Souter at Gate House Apartments, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Think Tower Bridge. We were pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you on your return to London.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pre-paid a stay for my husband and myself through the Think Apartments website. The website was easy to use, had a small hitch from my credit card as I failed to notify the card company of our impending trip and the origination of such a large charge from outside the US raised a potential fraud flag. The Think staff worked with me while I sorted out the issue, their staff was very friendly and professional throughout our stay. The Superior Studio apartment was much more spacious than similarly priced hotel rooms on offer from chain hotels in London. The location was extremely convenient with a bus stop just outside the apartment building and a grocery store across the street. Being able to prepare our breakfast and an additional meal in the apartment also saved us a good deal of money on a daily basis. We will definitely use Think Apartments again for our future trips.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny M
Philippa W, on behalf of Jim Souter at Gate House Apartments, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at Think Tower Bridge. We were pleased you had an enjoyable experience with us and on behalf of the team at Think, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here for four nights with my two children. Upon arrival we were directed to a modern suite directly looking onto Tower Bridge Road. The wifi initially didn't work but reception soon sorted that out. The apartment was comfortable and well equipped however as other reviewers have said the heat seemed to be stuck at 25 degrees but worse than that was the noise from the road. One of the bedrooms was at the front of the apartment directly overlooking the road and quite honestly you may aswell as had the bed on the road it was so noisy. Needless to say I didn't sleep well and as I am used to city living that is saying something. The next morning after complaining we were transferred to an appartment in the rear of the property which was blissfully peaceful and comfortable although nowhere nearly well equipped ( one tiny frying pan and one saucepan) plus the bin in the bathroom had not been cleaned out!
I specifically wanted to stay in this area as I had lived at Tower Bridge previously so I know the area well , however it is a distance from the tube which I think might aggravate . There are supermarkets close by and for us it was an ideal location as most of what we wanted to see was in the east of the city. I think for a more 'touristy ' visit perhaps the London bridge location might be better as you are closer to everything because of the jubilee line.
The test is would you stay again and my answer is "probably" although I would make sure I spoke to reception first to find out exactly where my room was

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire M
Philippa W, on behalf of Jim Souter at Gate House Apartments, Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. We were pleased you enjoyed your overall stay and would like to take this opportunity to comment on your experience with us at Think Tower Bridge.

Within our apartments we aim to provide guests with a home from home experience including all the necessary facilities and amenities. In the event that guests require additional supplies or have specific requirements with regards to room allocation not being road facing then we encourage guests to make these known upon booking or indeed arrival to the property and we will endeavour to accommodate. Our apologies regarding the oversight on not checking or emptying the bins.

The location of our Tower Bridge Property is a 10 minute walk from London Bridge Station (Northern, Jubilee & National Rail Services) walking past iconic buildings including Tower Bridge, City Hall and the London Dungeons or Tower of London just a 5 minute walk across the bridge towards Tower Hill station (District & Docklands Light Railway). It is also walking distance from the Shakespeare Globe on the South Bank and St Paul’s Cathedral on a nice day in London. In the event that guest’s require any assistance with directions our 24 hour reception would be happy to assist.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next journey to London.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews before my visit I was wary of what I might find but i was pleasantly surprised!

I spent 3 nights in a fantastic apartment at Tower Bridge with my family. The facilities and amenities made it feel like home.

The location was surprisingly quiet as we were so close to Tower Bridge. Just a short walk from shops and the local Market for us to buy supplies when we were eating in the apartment. It seemed a waste to not make use of the self catering facilities available.

If i was to find fault all it could be was that we did find that there was no tea towel on our arrival but on ringing the reception there response of the porter to bring us one was almost immediate.

I would definitely recommend this company and use it myself again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us at Think Tower Bridge. We were pleased you enjoyed your first experience with us at Think and were able to utilise the facilities and amenities within the apartments. Prior to arrival time we aim to check that everything in the apartment is in order and apologise on this occasion that our usual checks were not fully completed however pleased this was swiftly rectified by our Think Team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family on your next trip to London.