Hand and Flower Hotel
  • Pool
$322
$285
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$166
$155
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$321
$999
$795
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvisiting olympiano liftnice pubolympia exhibitiontop floorcoffee machinekensington high streetfamily roombusy roadcomfy bednice roombreakfast was excellentexcellent stayfull englishperfect locationnight staytwin room
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for Olympia thought the staff and service were very good breakfast was the best we have had
Bed was very good and room clean but we were on the top floor there were 62 steps !! Keeps you fit anyway

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I flew over from Ireland and stayed In the Hand and Flower for a night along with friends. We were going to a gig in Sheperds Bush. After a long day of planes, trains and automobiles, we arrived at the Hotel. We planned on checking in, have a quick drink and off to the gig. We arrived at 7pm and the check in desk was at the bar, beside the entrance to the kitchen and we felt like we were just getting in the way. While the rest were checking in, I ordered some drinks. I came across the rudest bar girl I ever encountered. Let’s just say she dropped my change on the floor for a finish.

The following morning I came down for breakfast. I asked if it would be ok to bring my wife’s breakfast up to the room as she was 6 months pregnant and needed the rest. That was ok. I proceed to eat mine and brought her breakfast upstairs when I finished. After about 10 minutes, the same lady that I spoke to at breakfast knocked on the door and with a raised voice told me we should have checked out 10 minutes previous.

Apart from staff, the rooms are really nice. First impressions last....unfortunately for them

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank macdaragh
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a lovely stay we had here, only one night though. We stayed in the family room which was lovely, two single beds and a king size. The room even had a playstation for the kids :) Really clean and the staff were super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fab and even sorted out the kids dippy eggs and soldiers for them. The only slight downfall was the four or five flights of stairs we had to climb with tired kids and they aren't really close to a tube station, but the hotel itself was great - def recommend!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Although quite a walk from the nearest Tube Stations, there are plenty of bus links to all areas. I made the mistake of thinking that I would be able to connect easily to Olympia, but found out that the rail service is extremely limited during the week - as a previous reviewer has pointed out, Olympia would have been perfect as it is opposite the hotel. So the hotel is generally convenient for travel around London. The hotel staff are great; good breakfast service, excellent bar service and all staff were helpful and kind. The rooms are quirky and pretty, although less well-equipped than other rooms I've had in other hotels. There was a hanging rail rather than a wardrobe, for example, and the shelves on the wash basin and above the toilet were dangerously sloping! However, these small details aside - the Hand and Flower is a good place to stay in a very interesting part of London - beautiful Holland Park and trendy Notting Hill are only a stones throw away. I stayed three nights and would certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here as we wanted somewhere near Olympia exhibition hall. It is literally opposite so perfect. Bar is buzzing after any show with a great atmosphere. Rooms were lovely aswell. Breakfast was amazing with table service. Staff were superb. Would highly recommend for business trips.

• Stayed: October 2012