My friend and I travelled highly excited from Switzerland to London. When we checked in to Fraser Suites in Queens gate garden the hotel seemed nice. Although our apartment on the 5th floor weren't very clean. After one night in the apartment I realized something had bitten me. I develop a skin eruption. Immediately we called the reception as we thought first it were fleas. They promised to upgrade us into another room as soon as possible (which took them 2 hours!!). They apologized and told us we might have brought the fleas by our self, probably from the airport. Because of my really bad skin eruption we decided to go to the nearest hospital. The doctor checked me and diagnosed BED BUGS bites! Urghhh!!! I couldn't believe myself! The doctor also asked me if I'm staying in a hostel?! I was disgusted and absolutely upset. I informed the reception and gave them the doctors confirmation. Again, they apologized and said it is strange as they refurnished the hotel 6 months ago. We asked for our money back, all we got was the money of the stay in the bed bug room. I had to speak with the manager of fraser suites (who by the way, and I really hope he's gonna read it, don't even speak English fluently!) Ach, it was an horrible stay at the hotel. The bed sheets of the new room were dirty and one night the heat didn't work. We had to call the reception two times to get a external heater. Additionally the TV didn't work properly. The rest of the people who worked there were mostly unfriendly (or didn't even speak English) apart from one old man who works during night. He was a very gentle and nice man. I hope he doesn't have bed bugs either. So all in all, if you're not afraid of bed bugs and you don't mind an unfriendly environment you should consider booking the hotel. Enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fraser Suites Queens Gate has chic Studios and One-Two bedroom apartments with kitchenettes and a laundry facility. The Natural History Museum, Knightsbridge stores and the V&A Museum are close by. Every apartment has stylish decor, with a seating and dining area. Features include cable TV and Free wireless broadband. A kitchenette in each accommodation is equipped with a fridge, microwave, utensils and tea/coffee making facilities. There is a daily housekeeping service and weekly linen changes with l'Occitane toiletries. The facilities at Fraser Suites Queens include 24-hour Reception with concierge services, a lobby Bar, breakfast lounge, secluded outdoor terrace, buiness centre with iPads, a meeting room with natural daylight and a state of the art Gym. The Royal Albert Hall, Harrods and Hyde Park can be reached with a 10-minute walk. Gloucester Road Tube Station is across the road and has a direct link to Heathrow Airport via the Piccadilly Line. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fraser Suites Queens Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Place Queens Gate Hotel London
- Fraser Place Queens Gate London
- Fraser Suites Queens Gate London, England