“WORST FOOD and FRAUD”

Ranked #968 of 28,450 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: Best Mangal Restaurant and Bar is an outstanding Turkish Hospitality icon which is located in the heart of the London City "Kings Cross". The is the most suitable location which covers reliability by tubes (Kings Cross St.Pancras,3 Mins walk) , compatibility and a wonderful experience hospitality . At Best Mangal ,there is a wonderful combination of traditional and modern Turkish cuisine .To tackle the needs of our valued customers ,Best Mangal offers both Dine in and take out meals with a astonishing customers and hospitality services. The wide range of meals are adorned with a large number of Alcholic and Non Alchokic drinks . At Best Mangal , our team is always alert to provide a Great experience to new and old customers.
Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

We went there as 8 people. Waited for 1 hour for food and receive some dishes that we did not order. In addition, the bill had dishes that we did not order. I had to calculate all over again and deduct the amount they added to our bill. They are serious frauds.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank bali31
Write a reviewReviews (500)

Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

Best Mangal was our regular Neighborhood restaurant. Loved the food, the cooks and the servers. We were sad when it closed for remodelling and waited anxiously for the place to reopen. I had taken my partner’s sister and her husband to Best Mangal a few years age when they were visiting from New Zealand. They loved the food and have been talking about it since. They were back in town so we went for dinner just after Best Mangal reopened. Terrible experience! The food was not as good and the nice friendly staff were gone. Plus our server actually ripped us off £30.00 insisting we had not handed over enough cash when we paid the bill.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Lindaminda
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Had a meal yesterday, nothing fancy inside, functional BUT the food, more than delicious, Staff, very friendly several different nationalities but all great. Took us a long time to order and we must have drove the staff mad BUt they were great, flat breads, rice, couscous, chicken skewers, lamd skewers plus all the dips ( 4 ) baba ganoush, sald, the lot, great meal, fed 8 of us plus a child for £60, bargain.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Should be renamed to worst mangal. Since this place re-opened and the management and staff has changed it's taken a nose dive. Ive gone about 4 or 5 times since then and each time i get rubbish service and food. Place gets covered in smoke when they change the coal. I walked in once and ordered a mixed shish with soslu as a starter. I was told they were out of Soslu despite being on the small lunch menu. I then asked if I could substitute a turkish starter for an Indian one and was told no without reason. The shish kebab has become dried and overcooked. Portions as a whole are a lot smaller and they're trying to get away with charging the same price. On my next visit i was waiting to be seated and instead of being taken to my seat the waiter walked off. I sat down in a booth and the waiter rudely asked me to get up and sit somewhere else. This time i ordered the lamb doner which was undercooked. When I was done they tried to overcharge me until I contested it. All in all a bad experience. Oh and one final thing... You usually have a view of them making the food. I saw one of the chefs constantly check his phone while cooking. Although they have a tap to wash their hands they just run it under the water for a second and then wipe their wet hands on their clothes. ITS DISGUSTING! Doubt I'll be coming here again. It's a shame because under the old management this place used to be a gem in kings cross with excellent service. Now it's the opposite.

Date of visit: September 2018
6  Thank TerryHenry33
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I was a regular at this restaurant and the food was by far the best in London. HOWEVER, Please note the Kings Cross Branch has now CLOSED DOWN and another restaurant with the exact same name has opened up right next door which is the FAKE COPYCAT RESTAURANT trying to pretend they are the original Best Mangal which is why all the recent reviews are not very good. They have even taken the signage and called it the same so be warned. If you want the ORIGINAL Best Mangal Cuisine then I suggest you go to their other branch which is near Old Street Tube Station.
The Best Mangal