“Stay in London”

Ranked #555 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Baltimore, Maryland
“Stay in London”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Newbury Park on July 2, 2014. We booked this hotel for the convenience of the underground services near by and also since it was close to my husband's grandmother. We were pleasantly surprised! The room was small, but extremely comfortable and the bed was great!! I was able to get a great nights rest! The breakfast the next morning was very good, not a full English breakfast but a good start to the day! I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Rhodes Town, Greece
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 5 nights in July and I can say that I will not stay there again! First of all, i was 600 pounds overcharged and I had found out by chance before going there. Although the mistake was immediately recognised, this cost me a long international call. When we arrived at the hotel, I was surprised to find out that our two triple rooms were converted into one double and one triple. The member of staff tried to persuade us that we would be fine but how can you sleep two couples and two children in these rooms? We did not accepted and asked for the rooms we had booked. When we were in the rooms, we realised that the sofa bed in one of the rooms had broken blanks under the really thin mattress and it wold be impossible for anyone to sleep. We informed the reception and only good comments we have for the maintenance staff (a young man who was so quick and helpful) and the house keeping service (3 wonderful ladies) who were excellent, very quick and polite and I think they are one of the very few positives of the hotel. The breakfast was the poorest you can imagine (they did not even have honey) and the place is really crowded at times. The rooms had free wi-fi which ended one day earlier than our departure! The location of the hotel is not good if you want to be in the centre easily as it takes 45-60 minutes to be there. Although I have been to London many times before and I have stayed at distant areas, the hotels there were really elegant and better that HIE. The whole experience did not worth the long journey and I advise you to stay somewhere else if you can afford it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Catherine70,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you have stayed in any Holiday Inn Express before, then you'll know what you are going to get here.

Ideally located for a London business trip, it is a little cheaper than staying further into Town, which is great for a company budget.

Rooms and showers in any Holiday Inn Express are always good. Breakfast is fine and is typical continental fayre, with some hot british items (sausage, egg, etc.) if you're that way inclined. My evening meal was also perfectly adequate for a solo trip (well, I had my Kindle) where I just want to eat and go back to my room.

The staff seemed friendly and the whole place was clean and tidy.

How anyone can moan about a Holiday Inn Express (unless it's a dirty room or rude staff or cold food, etc.) is beyond me. You pretty much know what you are going to get before you book, and for a business trip, I actually find this reassuring.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HenryWilson
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear HenryWilson,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am very delighted to hear that our location worked for your travel needs and that you found our rooms, breakfast selection and staff highly commendable. It is always hugely motivating on our end to receive such feedback from our valued guests like you.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
ireland
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Me and my daughter stayed here in June for 3 nights. Check in was fast and all the staff were so nice and helpful through out our stay. The food in the restaurant was really nice. Only bad thing was coffee at breakfast was not great. But overall will definitely will be back

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
cambridge
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Always find that this chain provides a good standard in the bedroom and the choice of pillows is nice. The staff were very pleasant and obliging. My room wasn't too noisy but hey this is London and you aren't paying Ritz prices.

Breakfast continues to be a non event . Sorry lack of choice and solid scrambled egg doesn't do it for me neither the low grade sausages. This chain is obviously doing well enough without having to take customer views into account. Shame about that

Room Tip: Ask for room located away from A12
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank CambridgeRichard
Julio-Marques1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Richard,
thank you for your kind comments.

I am sorry we fell short on your expectation regarding our free breakfast. The items in the buffet are of a standard nature across the entire Express brand. We feel that the product on offer is in fact of excellent quality taking into consideration this is a FREE Continental style breakfast with three hot items. We have freshly baked pastries, fresh yogurts, fresh fruit, fresh brewed coffee etc.

I hope this slight disappoint point does not compromise you visiting us again in a near future.

Julio Marques
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Accommodation was excellent. In house restaurant served ersatz food heated up from frozen. Appalled that a hotel chain can wantonly serve such bad food.
My advice to anyone is to stay here room only.
To Holiday Inn..........my advice: Outsource your catering.

Room Tip: Do not eat in the restaurant
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank PETER H
Julio-Marques1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Monmouth,
Thank you for your recent comments. I would like to apologise if you felt our food delivery fell short on your expectations. We do provide a simple menu, cooked from fresh, unfortunately in this occasion we seemed to have disappointed with the choice you've made.

I can assure you we will revise our menu items in order to prevent similar issues in the future.

Julio Marques
Reviewed May 28, 2014

this hotel is only seperated by a short pavement width from the dual carriagway that is the north circular road which was in esscence the ring road around london before the M25 and boy dont you know it!! the glazing in the room is so poor you can hear every car, bus, truck and ambulance go past all night long, i travel extensively and never have i had to put in earplugs to try to get some rest but i had to at this hotel. also the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from the rooms either side, the air con is also cheap nasty and noisy so all in all, a wall of noise!! which is a shame as its a fairly new building with a contemporary lounge bar area, staff are ok, had potential but rooms are small, no local pub anywhere for a change of scenery i paid over £100 and thought that it was really poor value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bumshanky
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear bumshanky,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced due to noise levels. I appreciate that you have brought your concern to our attention and rest assured that your comments have been shared with our hotel management to consider improvements where necessary.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope you give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R