Expressby Holiday Inn--Newbury park, London, Uk
Dated:September 25th, 2008
A Trip Advisor Member, Mumbai,India
August being a peak month we did not get much choice of Hotels
as our trip was last minute.
After a lot of research on the net, i came upon the Express Hotels website,and was really thrilled to find a Hotel within our budget,
a reputed brand, good location.We were told that Hotels in London do not cost less than a 100 Pounds per night.We were a Triple family, 2 adults and 1 teen daughter,booked in for a week.
At first we felt Newbury Park is not a good location, not close to the Centre etc.Kind of last minute we rushed our booking thinking we took a chance.
From the Heathrow Airport, it took us about 1Hour and 40 mins by the Tube.Upon landing late at night, we received a warm welcome from the front desk staff,and were pleased to see the refreshing open lobby lit by purple lights.
Express by Holiday Inn, is spankingly new, spacious, airy, and the room was a treat!!Comfortable beds, fresh linen changed daily, large size LCD TV,with Internet were just some of the features at a price of GBP 75 per night, Continental breakfast included was great.!
The Hotel staff was very helpful, always guiding us around well.
From Newbury Park to Central London and back, by the Tube would cost us Pound 5.25 for a day pass each.Time to Oxford Circus was approximately 25 mins.
Breakfast is lavish with a good choice of buns, croissants, muffins, juices,--except NO EGGS!
Always crowded and full up the Lobby was alive.
Close by, just outside we had MC Donalds, Banana Leaf ( Indian Restaurant ), Curry's, JD, Marks and Spensers Food, and the Tube.
Modern Hotel, well worth our money.
Would love to go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express London Newbury Park Hotel located on the A12 the main arterial road into the centre of London and within easy reach to the site of the 2012 Olympic games. The hotel is 3 minutes from the Central Line underground station giving easy access to Central London with Oxford Street only 35 minutes by tube, and to one of the largest public open spaces in London, Epping Forest. The hotel is at the very cutting edge of contemporary design and technology with wi-fi Internet in the public areas. Each room has wi-fi Internet access, individually controlled air cooling system, included hot buffet breakfast available for all residents. After a long day in the office why not unwind in our contemporary lounge bar area.With ExCel Centre,the O2 and Canary Wharf only 15 minutes by underground, London Newbury Park is an ideal base for the Corporate Traveller. Offering 82 secure Car Parking Spaces (£5.00 per 24hrs)you can leave your car and relax whilst you travel into London. With ExCel centre within easy reach we are ideally placed for conference delegates for World Travel Market, International Boat Show, or guests attending concerts. The hotel is adjacent to The King George Conference Centre and delegates have car parking facilities available on site(fee applie). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park England