We chose to stay at this property as we were in this part of London for a party. The hotel is easy to find and the car park was good value at just one pound for residents staying for 24 hours. The reception is on the first floor and we were checked in to our room on the top floor within a matter of minutes.
The hotel is your standard Holiday Inn Express type of room with a comfortable bed, nice bathroom with shower cubicle and free internet access. Our view was nice as it looked over London and towards Canary Wharf which was nice to see at night when it was lit up.
We skipped breakfast as we enjoyed a lie-in instead. However, no one told us that check-out was 11am and so our phone rang at 11am sharp with quite a discourteous member of staff telling us to get out or our credit card would be charged. When I explained we had only just woken up and thought check-out was 12 noon, he wasn’t interested in the slightest and said we had to leave. When we finally showered and packed and headed out at 11.30am or so he still continued to call our room and threaten us with credit card charges for late check-out, not even affording us the right to speak and just hanging up on us.
In all, the hotel is a nice one, it's just a shame about the over-zealous and rude staff member who needs to learn that customers have a choice when they stay at hotels and overstaying our welcome by a mere 30 minutes could have been handled with a little bit more diplomacy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express London Newbury Park Hotel located on the A12 the main arterial road into the centre of London and within easy reach to the site of the 2012 Olympic games. The hotel is 3 minutes from the Central Line underground station giving easy access to Central London with Oxford Street only 35 minutes by tube, and to one of the largest public open spaces in London, Epping Forest. The hotel is at the very cutting edge of contemporary design and technology with wi-fi Internet in the public areas. Each room has wi-fi Internet access, individually controlled air cooling system, included hot buffet breakfast available for all residents. After a long day in the office why not unwind in our contemporary lounge bar area.With ExCel Centre,the O2 and Canary Wharf only 15 minutes by underground, London Newbury Park is an ideal base for the Corporate Traveller. Offering 82 secure Car Parking Spaces (£5.00 per 24hrs)you can leave your car and relax whilst you travel into London. With ExCel centre within easy reach we are ideally placed for conference delegates for World Travel Market, International Boat Show, or guests attending concerts. The hotel is adjacent to The King George Conference Centre and delegates have car parking facilities available on site(fee applie). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, IHG and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park England